The Holy Poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• The White Rabbit
    • Tim the Enchanter
    • King Arthur
    • A taunting frenchman

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Gameplay wise it’s better than steel plate.

Which would make it better to resist armor piercing strikes from something like a warpick. Weapons we haven't seen much of anyway. I think the biggest weakness of carved is the lack of metal plates in certain areas. 

• Like 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

One of the biggest Nordic badasses ever wore a quasi-full plate, Ysgramor.

Which the Nordic Carved does look similar to his own, just not as protective.

Reveal hidden contents

skyrim_prop_ysgramor_statue_rough_sketch

Ysgramors Armor doesn’t look anything like full plate. If anything it’s a predecessor to the Nordic Carved! And your picture doesn’t work bro

• Like 2

Fuck:dntknw:

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Waiting on the post we have coming up ;) 

In that case, are we gonna have to do a little time skip after all? I don’t expect there will be many posts left in the chapter after we do that one. If the Nords mobilize and head south at the start of Chapter 4 without any time passing, there won’t be much opportunity for the army to benefit from the Orcish mines. 

6 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Ysgramors Armor doesn’t look anything like full plate. If anything it’s a predecessor to the Nordic Carved! And your picture doesn’t work bro

Dammit, wish hotlinking worked half the time.

Basically why I call it quasi-full plate is that the breastplate while being heavily decorated still looks proper enough and even tapers a little at the waist.

His legs and feet are fully protected, greaves, sabatons, cuisses.

Now the arms are were it becomes quasi-full plate, because it's pauldrons and vambraces with either bare skin or a tunic.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

53 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

In that case, are we gonna have to do a little time skip after all? I don’t expect there will be many posts left in the chapter after we do that one. If the Nords mobilize and head south at the start of Chapter 4 without any time passing, there won’t be much opportunity for the army to benefit from the Orcish mines. 

Yea I guess we may indeed need a time skip in that case.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

Anyone else look at their bank account a couple days before pay day and want to cry while having a slide show of Ramen Noodles and clinking pennies appears before them?

I stopped looking, since I’m gonna spend it on what I want anyway. No sense lamenting about it.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Elf.

In that case it won’t be as much of a problem since there will probably be a solid month or so between the elf one and the Nord one anyway. Might still not be long enough, but it will be enough to get a start so any time skipping we do won’t be drastic. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

In that case it won’t be as much of a problem since there will probably be a solid month or so between the elf one and the Nord one anyway. Might still not be long enough, but it will be enough to get a start so any time skipping we do won’t be drastic. 

Aye aye, sounds good.

On the discussion about plate armor, I’ve always taken a lot of inspiration for Breton plate armor from that Nordic plate set because it looks good but isn’t really Nordic. I think Bretons would have a similar style with their own runes and such, and instead of fur have a cloth piece hanging down. Or fur that’s from High Rock. 

And I agree that plate armor doesn’t really fit for the Nords. I think their heavy armor that’s augmented with fur and leather is more their style

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

And I agree that plate armor doesn’t really fit for the Nords. I think their heavy armor that’s augmented with fur and leather is more their style

That’s pretty in-line with the Nordic heavy armor styles we’ve seen throughout the series.

Speaking of Nordic heavy armors, it’s a damn shame that the classic trollbone set didn’t make it into Skyrim. At least Brund and Hrokvikd brought pieces of it into the RP.