The Holy Poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• The White Rabbit
    • Tim the Enchanter
    • King Arthur
    • A taunting frenchman

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I admit I'd need to play all three games to understand.

Honestly, you could play all three and still be as confused as shit, or just play the third and know enough to hold your own. The last game sums up a lot of what’s in the first two while adding to it. 

The difficulty is more in the presentation. Much of the lore is crazy obscure, like hidden in item descriptions, vague dialogue, or context clues in the environment. That’s what makes it so much fun, imo. The lore is like a giant puzzle. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I admit I'd need to play all three games to understand.

Not even then. The game doesn't treat you like an idiot. If you want answers, you need to find answers yourself. It's a story bread crumb approach. You can also get alot by looking at the environments themselves. Very refreshing compared to alot of games.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Honestly, you could play all three and still be as confused as shit, or just play the third and know enough to hold your own. The last game sums up a lot of what’s in the first two while adding to it. 

The difficulty is more in the presentation. Much of the lore is crazy obscure, like hidden in item descriptions, vague dialogue, or context clues in the environment. That’s what makes it so much fun, imo. The lore is like a giant puzzle. 

Viknd but this.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Not even then. The game doesn't treat you like an idiot. If you want answers, you need to find answers yourself. It's a story bread crumb approach. You can also get alot by looking at the environments themselves. Very refreshing compared to alot of games.

Viknd but this.

Doesn't discourage me one bit, I've played enough Europa Barbarorum 1 and 2 to be used to tediousness and frustration as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Doesn't discourage me one bit, I've played enough Europa Barbarorum 1 and 2 to be used to tediousness and frustration as well.

Honestly. Dark Souls is very tough, but very fair (People who haven't played it, like Celan XD think it's DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE THIS IS UNFAIR) If you look at your surroundings, and carefully analysis your foes, it's very doable.

amp-quot-dark-souls-has-artificial-diffi

• Thanks 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Honestly. Dark Souls is very tough, but very fair (People who haven't played it, like Celan XD think it's DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE THIS IS UNFAIR) If you look at your surroundings, and carefully analysis your foes, it's very doable.

amp-quot-dark-souls-has-artificial-diffi

I believe you, seen you post that comic before.

Got a chuckle out of me both times.

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Quick question, how proficient would you say Nords are with cavalry?

Probably not on a level with the Bretons or Imperials. I’m sure they use it, particularly in Whiterun, but most of their homeland is mountains and thick snow. Cavalry would rarely be ideal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Probably not on a level with the Bretons or Imperials. I’m sure they use it, particularly in Whiterun, but most of their homeland is mountains and thick snow. Cavalry would rarely be ideal.

Whiterun was what I had in mind when asking, nothing to do with the Rp.

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I don't care.

Secondly, it seems to me chiefly to be the type of game where people who have played it feel superior to those who haven't. Which tells me all I need to know.

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@ColonelKillaBee

Speaking of bitches, did you know that Anri comes back in the Lord of Hollows ending? Watch it and you’ll see that she’s the figure bowing on the right while Yuria is on the left. 

Yea I saw that, plus I think you or Witch spoiled that for me :P already knew she’d be back

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

7 hours ago, Celan said:

I don't care.

Secondly, it seems to me chiefly to be the type of game where people who have played it feel superior to those who haven't. Which tells me all I need to know.

You shouldn't judge a game based on a handful of people who played it.

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You shouldn't judge a game based on a handful of people who played it.

I judge it on what I've seen of it in marketing and on the internet, the same way I "judge" every other game- as in, decide what I'm going to play. And who gives a crap if I play it or not?

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I ain’t in charge of the Stormcloaks, so it’s not my call. I assume that there would be some variation, though. Especially since the Stormcloaks have so many different groups in their ranks now. 

I'm asking because I believe that even though they'll have more people swelling into their ranks, that the Stormcloak will have the infrastructure needed to equip their soldiers.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I'm asking because I believe that even though they'll have more people swelling into their ranks, that the Stormcloak will have the infrastructure needed to equip their soldiers.

Maybe. That’d be up to Colonel. Although with the blows Riften and Windhelm suffered, and Markarth currently more focused on silver than iron or steel, Solitude and Whiterun would have to pull a ton of weight in order to manage what you’re suggesting, if they could at all.

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Maybe. That’d be up to Colonel. Although with the blows Riften and Windhelm suffered, and Markarth currently more focused on silver than iron or steel, Solitude and Whiterun would have to pull a ton of weight in order to manage what you’re suggesting, if they could at all.

This would be only a minor contribution but Roscrea is, or more specifically the Borrs are trading iron with Skyrim.

But you're right, I've overlooked the damage dealt to Windhelm and I doubt Solitude would be thrilled at having to finance more then their share, again.