Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #5

The Holy Poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• The White Rabbit
    • Tim the Enchanter
    • King Arthur
    • A taunting frenchman

Gotcha. I never had any stability issues on the base game, only when the DLCs were being run off *spits* Games for Windows Live. Though I did go through that period where I couldn't play because my PC was Windows XP... or 7, I can't remember which one was incompatible.

Little sidebar, if you've never seen the documentary Waco: Rules of Engagement, and you're an American citizen, you really should. Especially @Centurion- in case you're ever called to action on American citizens. Though Waco really was about law enforcement wanting to pretend they were Rambo and not having the command structure to pull it off without torturing and killing young children.

Pay special attention to the hearings, and how those rat fucks justified what they did. I don't know how Janet Reno didn't get a prison sentence. Probably the same way the Clintons skate on everything, they own a lot of judges and federal attorneys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Well because I want to get better at drawing, have this digital tablet that so never use because I suck.

Buuuut if you prefer I don't try my hands on the Nords that alright >:)

Worry about?

I ain't fighting the Nords!

Do what you want lol. It’s standard though I mentioned to Doc already I was thinking about getting rid of the leather arm parts for steel like in Centurions commission

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Do what you want lol. It’s standard though I mentioned to Doc already I was thinking about getting rid of the leather arm parts for steel like in Centurions commission

Thing is, I know it looks cool as shit but Nordic Carved just seems inferior to Nordic Plate, in terms of protection.

amLjVb4_700b.jpg

Nord_Plate_Armor.thumb.jpg.6a3401738a19928b28fb8b9bbd18954c.jpg

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Thing is, I know it looks cool as shit but Nordic Carved just seems inferior to Nordic Plate, in terms of protection.

amLjVb4_700b.jpg

Nord_Plate_Armor.thumb.jpg.6a3401738a19928b28fb8b9bbd18954c.jpg

I personally can’t see Nords wearing plate armor. To “knightly”. I imagine they’d say leave that fancy, expensive shit for the Bretons.

• Like 2

Fuck:dntknw:

Just now, Centurion said:

I personally can’t see Nords wearing plate armor. To “knightly”. I imagine they’d say leave that fancy, expensive shit for the Bretons.

You kidding me?

Like Celan said, the Nords love that 'heavy' armor, even in the murals it shows the Nordic king in full plate armor. 

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Slap some greaves on there and it won’t make a difference. And the steel is an inferior metal to the quicksilver. Which makes a bigger difference in a world with magical projectiles. 

• Thanks 2

We’re sticking with Nordic carved Czar.

Shoot, I wasn't suggesting you get rid of that. It's iconic at this point for Grim Ones.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Slap some greaves on there and it won’t make a difference. And the steel is an inferior metal to the quicksilver. Which makes a bigger difference in a world with magical projectiles. 

Lil' more then greaves and you're right.

I got to agree with Czar on the armors. There's a reason full plate became the best armor available before guns started making armors in general obsolete. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Slap some greaves on there and it won’t make a difference. And the steel is an inferior metal to the quicksilver.

Unless the steel plate is of very poor quality, there's no cutting through plate armor. 

• Thanks 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

I’m not interested in “min maxing” here or the Nords following historical truths such as plate being inferior. I’m only interested in Nords being Nords, and they don’t typically fight with uniform armor outside the legion. Certain groups and sects sure.

If that is a weakness to make up for their superior battle prowess then so be it.

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Check my edit. 

Don't know if quicksilver has any magic resistant properties. Can't find any lore on what makes quicksilver special. Only know that it's different from ours in that it's not liquid in room temperature and probably not position. 

Just now, Witchking of Angmar said:

Don't know if quicksilver has any magic resistant properties. Can't find any lore on what makes quicksilver special. Only know that it's different from ours in that it's not liquid in room temperature and probably not position. 

Gameplay wise it’s better than steel plate.

I’m not interested in “min maxing” here or the Nords following historical truths such as plate being inferior. I’m only interested in Nords being Nords, and they don’t typically fight with uniform armor outside the legion. Certain groups and sects sure.

If that is a weakness to make up for their superior battle prowess then so be it.

I don't think they should switch either. It's already been established and I guess it's more about making a cultural fashion statement than anything else. 

9 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

You kidding me?

Like Celan said, the Nords love that 'heavy' armor, even in the murals it shows the Nordic king in full plate armor. 

No, I’m not kidding you. I can’t see them using it. They can like their heavy armor all they want, I just don’t see them running around in plate armor

Fuck:dntknw:

Just now, Witchking of Angmar said:

I don't think they should switch either. It's already been established and I guess it's more about making a cultural fashion statement than anything else. 

It’s also as of now just more practical. With how close the war is as well, they don’t have time to try and outfit everyone with plate or a uniform outfit better than what they got.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

One of the biggest Nordic badasses ever wore a quasi-full plate, Ysgramor.

Which the Nordic Carved does look similar to his own, just not as protective.

Reveal hidden contents

skyrim_prop_ysgramor_statue_rough_sketch

Ysgramors armor doesn’t cover his arms though. Nordic carved has full coverage. It’s fine.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Gameplay wise it’s better than steel plate.

And lighter than orichalium. It’s an all-round good metal.

2 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Don't know if quicksilver has any magic resistant properties. Can't find any lore on what makes quicksilver special.

Quicksilver is mentioned to be special by the alchemist in Riften. And lore-wise armor would actually make a difference when getting pelted by physical damage from things like ice spikes and fiery explosions, even if it doesn’t come with built in magical resistance. Quicksilver being better than steel makes it more resilient to these things.

• Thanks 1