Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #5

The Holy Poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• The White Rabbit
    • Tim the Enchanter
    • King Arthur
    • A taunting frenchman

We'll never know will we XD Whether the Age of Hollows is Zombie vacation or Oacille 2.0. Because From ain't making a sequel anytime soon.

But yes that's why I admire him. A lesser man would throw some poor champion/servant to be fed to the fire. Nope Gywn throws himself in, and damns himself to an eternity of pure agony. That's character right there.

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

:chaos: Vaati quote on quote: "We make hope from nothing. Some day darkness will prevail and all light will fade...but not without a fight." Vaati is pretty pro Gywn.

He also believes that Gwyn cursed humanity out of fear and that Kaathe is right despite being an asshole. He respects Gwyn and other heroic figures like the Nameless King, Artorias, and Ornstein, but he definitely doesn’t give me the impression that he is “pro Gwyn”. He seems very unbiased and just relays what’s presented in an easy format to follow. He’s the only lore person I watch for that reason. 

• Like 1

Asshole?! Frampt is an asshole. Kathe is something else entirley. He's pure evil.

medium.jpg

I still can't believe anyone has a remotely positive thought about the Dickserphent. He lied about everything. He lied about the Furtive Pygmy. He lied about the Darkwraiths. He lied about New Londo (and his role in it's fall) He literally corrupted the Four Kings with the promise of LIFESTEAL (A horrible, evil magic) He lied about Oaaccile and he convinced the people to awaken the Father of the Abyss. 

He slithers around, and whispers into people's ear lies and half truths to do horrible shit that leads to things getting worse for everyone. And unlike Gywn, who didn't know the Hollow Curse would be burn from the linking, he's AWARE of everything does. 

If anyones a Satanic figure in Souls, it's him. A serpent of deceit.

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Give me one scrap of lore to prove that he did XD

Nothing proves that he did, and nothing proves that he didn’t either. But the timing is very convenient. And it would be in keeping with his actions we learn of from the Ringed City, which pretty well epitomizes Gwyn’s tendency to suppress humanity. 

Regardless, even if he didn’t know, and if it’s just an unintended consequence, his noble intentions don’t make him right. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I don't care about his skin color, I care that he has a flesh mustache.

You called him dark though. Why’d you bring it up if it didn’t matter? 

And what’s wrong with his stache game, at least he has one XD 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Sounds like a hater to me, Kaathe wins in the end.

Gotta love it when the game vindicates your choice but not the other. XD 

“Support the Age of Fire? Well sucks to suck, man. Enjoy burning alive for a few millennia until it goes out anyway.”

”Support the Age of Dark? Good. We’ve been saying that’s where things have gotta go all along.”

”Lord of Hollows? Enjoy the bitches, Gracious Lord!”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Gotta love it when the game vindicates your choice but not the other. XD 

“Support the Age of Fire? Well sucks to suck, man. Enjoy burning alive for a few millennia until it goes out anyway.”

”Support the Age of Dark? Good. We’ve been saying that’s where things have gotta go all along.”

”Lord of Hollows? Enjoy the bitches, Gracious Lord!”

Sacrifice is it's own reward. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

No ending is canon :evil: And since there's no Dark Souls 4, we'll never know...

Well, the only ending that can’t be canon is the Age of Fire remaining forever. Even if you’re a total square and linked the Flame three games in a row, it’s still only delaying the inevitable. The world will eventually go dark or a Lord of Man will emerge. 

So Kaathe kinda does win in the end.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Well, the only ending that can’t be canon is the Age of Fire remaining forever. Even if you’re a total square and linked the Flame three games in a row, it’s still only delaying the inevitable. The world will eventually go dark or a Lord of Man will emerge. 

So Kaathe kinda does win in the end.

And what does he have to show for it? A destroyed world, with some zombie chicks throwing rocks at each other.

The Lords of Cinder however die with the knowledge they helped the world they all loved go on for a little longer. Gywn's plan ultimately sustained the Age of Fire for thousands, if not tens of thousands of years.

It's a pyhrific victory at best. Kaathe isn't even there to enjoy it.

These guys are the true winners.

338?cb=20170617044530&path-prefix=ru

They died like true Lords. Sacrificing themselves for others. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And what does he have to show for it? A destroyed world, with some zombie chicks throwing rocks at each other.

You don’t know that. Maybe the Age of Man will be a good one. 

Gwyn’s Age of Fire was filled with zombie chicks throwing rocks at each other anyway. Because they went fucking insane thanks to the curse. At least this is a chance to escape that.

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's a pyhrific victory at best. Kaathe isn't even there to enjoy it.

All the better. While I think he was right and appreciate his servants helping, I wouldn’t want that dude’s gross fleshstache around my throne room anyway.