Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #5

The Holy Poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• The White Rabbit
    • Tim the Enchanter
    • King Arthur
    • A taunting frenchman

I've just started rereading The End of Eternity by Isaac Asimov, I highly suggest it and with a little text wall why.

You can either read it before any of his other novels, Robot, Empire and Foundation series or read it after the Foundation. As not only it ties into that universe but created it.

Personally its best read after finishing Foundation and Earth, all in all I wish other folks would read his stuff. Got nobody to talk about it with.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I've just started rereading The End of Eternity by Isaac Asimov, I highly suggest it and with a little text wall why.

You can either read it before any of his other novels, Robot, Empire and Foundation series or read it after the Foundation. As not only it ties into that universe but created it.

Personally its best read after finishing Foundation and Earth, all in all I wish other folks would read his stuff. Got nobody to talk about it with.

Actually looks pretty good. I just added it to my list but there’s no telling when I’ll get to it. Got even more books on the backlog than games. XD I’m a slow reader. 

Ok so Balrog was misleading with his statement on the Fallout 3 remake. I watched the video and it wasn’t so much Bethesda shutting it down, it was the mod team contacting Beth asking if it was legal to transfer voice files and other copyright stuff and Beth saying no it’s not exactly legal and the dev team basically quit because they don’t want to revoice those characters with with the performances that they can’t use, where F4NV, in light of this news, is having an independent voice team redo the all the voices they can’t transfer, same with Skyblivion.

Fuck:dntknw:

9 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Actually looks pretty good. I just added it to my list but there’s no telling when I’ll get to it. Got even more books on the backlog than games. XD I’m a slow reader. 

Huzzah!

I'm the same way with reading, mom however can, if she focuses, read a fairly long book in a day.

5 hours ago, Centurion said:

Ok so Balrog was misleading with his statement on the Fallout 3 remake. I watched the video and it wasn’t so much Bethesda shutting it down, it was the mod team contacting Beth asking if it was legal to transfer voice files and other copyright stuff and Beth saying no it’s not exactly legal and the dev team basically quit because they don’t want to revoice those characters with with the performances that they can’t use, where F4NV, in light of this news, is having an independent voice team redo the all the voices they can’t transfer, same with Skyblivion.

Well more or less Bethesda shut it down. 

And oh god, the voice acting is going to take an extra two years for Skyblivion, and four for the New Vegas remake.

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And oh god, the voice acting is going to take an extra two years for Skyblivion, and four for the New Vegas remake.

At least Morrowind should be easy. Just find a lifelong chain smoker to say “Outlander” a few times and you’re halfway done. XD 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

At least Morrowind should be easy. Just find a lifelong chain smoker to say “Outlander” a few times and you’re halfway done. XD 

Skywind was smart and they've already been working on voice acting for the last few years XD So there certainly the least affected by this.

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

No they didn’t. The mod time was like “hey is this legal?” And Beth was like “Not really Lmao” and then the mod team said “Fuck it lol” and quit, while all these others adapted and overcame.

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Iron Harvest is getting Kickstarted. It's an alternate Universe post WW1 game. I utterly love the concept art, and mech designs. Western Mech's and oldschool Japanese ones are so much better then the shit these days.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kingartgames/iron-harvest

world_5.jpg

jakub-rozalski-1920-sianokosy02ready.jpg

064916.jpg

iron_harvest_art10.jpg

You can tell its a Polish studio, post ww1 Poland being a major power?

Ha!

Also, if you had to join one of the Great Houses if Morrowind, which one would you go to? I’d be either Redoran or Indoril. Because they are both honorable warrior factions, but Indoril is obviously more on the Tribunal religious side which appeals to me. Plus, I mean, Ordinators like come one.

• Like 1

Just now, Centurion said:

Also, if you had to join one of the Great Houses if Morrowind, which one would you go to? I’d be either Redoran or Indoril. Because they are both honorable warrior factions, but Indoril is obviously more on the Tribunal religious side which appeals to me. Plus, I mean, Ordinators like come one.

Telvanni, fucking magicless scum.

• Like 1