Game of Thrones Spoiler Discussion 2 Electric Boogaloo

Which Great House do you stand with?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Great House do you stand with?

• Targaryen "Fire and Blood"
    • Stark "Winter is Coming"
    • Baratheon "Ours is the Fury"
    • Lannister "Hear Me Roar"
    • Tully "Family, Duty, Honor"
    • Greyjoy "We Do Not Sow"
    • Arryn "As High as Honor"
    • Tyrell "Growing Strong"
    • Martell "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"

9 minutes ago, Celan said:

Fuck all of them. I hope Arya getd eaten by a kraken. 

I wanted their planet to be round and she just ends up in Asshai and dies. But a kraken would be even better. XD 

9 minutes ago, Celan said:

How hard can it be with this lot? Just throw a few whores Bronn's way.

What I wanna know is how Bran intends to assert his power as king at all. The Targaryens has dragons and lots of alliances. Robert had an army and the support of over half the kingdoms. If someone got out of line, they could take care of it.

But if Bronn and Edmure come to blows for some reason, what is Bran going to do to keep the peace? If Dorne decides to pull a North and opt out, how will he prevent it? All the people who might’ve made up his army seceded with Sansa, marrying him for an alliance is wasteful because he can’t have kids, and even the city he rules from is a smoldering ruin. He can’t even project strength symbolically, let alone physically. This system shouldn’t last a year.

I stopped watching Vikings after Ragnar died and we were left with the two strongest female characters fighting over him after they refused to years ago. And the girlfriend for Lagertha thing.

Ruining her was the final straw.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

21 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

What’s funny is that this would probably have ended with Edmure getting elected after all, since he’s the only one there who has been specifically characterized as caring for the smallfolk. Not that the writers would remember a detail like that. I’m surprised his character appeared at all. Who let him out of the Frey dungeons?

Was that detail in the show? All I remember of him is getting barked at by Robb, getting married at the Red Wedding and being used by the Freys and Jaime to get back Riverrun. 

Edited by Witchking of Angmar

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

Just now, Witchking of Angmar said:

Was that detail in the show? All I remember of him is getting barked at by Robb, getting married at the Red Wedding and being used by the Frey's and Jaime to get back Riverrun. 

I could be conflating books and show, but in at least one of them it was talked about how he brought a lot of smallfolk into Riverrun when the Mountain was raising the countryside. And when he attacked him (and won) at the mill, it was to defend his people.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I could be conflating books and show, but in at least one of them it was talked about how he brought a lot of smallfolk into Riverrun when the Mountain was raising the countryside. And when he attacked him (and won) at the mill, it was to defend his people.

I just looked it up. It's only the books. The show only presents it as a stupid strategical move.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

Just now, Witchking of Angmar said:

I just looked it up. It's only the books. The show only presents it as a stupid strategical move.

Reveal hidden contents

The books did too, but it was implied to be Robb’s fault almost as much as Edmure’s, for not letting one of his top generals in on such an important plan. Edmure saw a chance to protect his people and win a major victory in one move, so he took it, not knowing that Robb wanted to trap Tywin’s forces.

I guess with how bad recent seasons have been, I’ve got a bit of a rose tinted view of the first three. But even back then they weren’t perfect, and the handling of Edmure is a good example of that.

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s this month? 

Ok then I’ll keep mine until then. I thought the movie wouldn’t come out until later this year. Time flies, I gues. 

Yeah it’s out May 31st!

Hilarious detail I learned from reddit. Grey Worm said they're going to Naath, where Missandei was from. Apparently the huge butterflies there spread a disease that kills all outsiders within a few hours. So they're all going to die  the first day. Death by butterfly. XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm wondering why they exiled Jon. Couldn't they just say fuck that noise after the Unsullied handed him over and sailed away to certain death? It seems like everyone besides the House Greyjoy was in favor of what he did, and who gives a damn what the assholes from Dickhead Island think anyway?

• Thanks 1