Game of Thrones Spoiler Discussion 2 Electric Boogaloo

Which Great House do you stand with?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Great House do you stand with?

• Targaryen "Fire and Blood"
    • Stark "Winter is Coming"
    • Baratheon "Ours is the Fury"
    • Lannister "Hear Me Roar"
    • Tully "Family, Duty, Honor"
    • Greyjoy "We Do Not Sow"
    • Arryn "As High as Honor"
    • Tyrell "Growing Strong"
    • Martell "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think she means in an ASoIaF or LotR game, which is pretty true. Magical characters are in a different league from normal people in those worlds.

Ah kk I misunderstood. It still stands if FROM did a game in either universe, I cannot see Magic being OP XD

In LOTR's case though it boggles my mind that someone would even add a magic class, it's less widespread then in Westeros and it's surrounding lands. Only people on the free peoples side who use magic are the Istari, and the Elves, an in the later's case it's much more subtle and downplayed then other uses of magic in the genre. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

In LOTR's case though it boggles my mind that someone would even add a magic class, it's less widespread then in Westeros

You think so? In Westeros, most of the population doesn’t even believe magic still exists at the start of the series. It’s pretty rare there too. 

46 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

You think so? In Westeros, most of the population doesn’t even believe magic still exists at the start of the series. It’s pretty rare there too. 

You got witches running around in the backwoods, a bunch of magical assassins who can change there faces, warlocks,  an entire race of ice magic wielding necromancers to the North with crazy powers.  Maybe not Westeros, but the rest of the world.

It's very very difficult, but it seems if you have the knowledge, the normies can still learn to wield magic to some extent, 1 in 100, 000, but I still think that's more then Middle Earth. 

Middle earth has elves, a literal dark lord, wizards, Balrogs, different spirits like the ainur n shit and all sorts of mythological beings...

They seem more or less even to me, with the focus on a plain and time where it’s not overly abundant.

I feel like neither fit having a mage class really unless they make the wizards or elves playable in LOTR.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Or maybe I have that impression because by the end of the Third Age, everyone was fading away.  Maybe it was very common during the first and second age, but even then I don't recall regular people being able to use magic like they do in other such. It's basically been almost exclusive to Elves (and even then a select few) and the various Ainur, plus the greater beings.

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You got witches running around in the backwoods, a bunch of magical assassins who can change there faces, warlocks,  an entire race of ice magic wielding necromancers to the North with crazy powers.  Maybe not Westeros, but the rest of the world.

Most of the magic in the Ice and Fire universe only started returning around the time the books begin, and accelerated when the dragons hatched and the red comet appeared in the sky. Before that, you might have bumped into some witch who has vaguely prophetic dreams if you were lucky. We get to see a fair amount of magic because the story is set in a time when it is making a comeback. In LotR, it’s the reverse as magic is on its way out.

4 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

This aint an AsOIaf game, the universe and the writing is just being worked on by George. It's an original property. 

And no, in Dank Souls 3 casting is hard mode XD

It's not an ASoIaF game? What the fuck is George doing then? He needs to finish the fucking books.

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's very very difficult, but it seems if you have the knowledge, the normies can still learn to wield magic to some extent, 1 in 100, 000, but I still think that's more then Middle Earth. 

Magic is very, very rare and a basic law of the world is that it's costly. Are you going to burn a king's child every time you cast? No? Then it would be cheesy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Celan said:

It's not an ASoIaF game? What the fuck is George doing then? He needs to finish the fucking books

He keeps saying no more big projects until Winds is done. Keeps locking himself in that cabin and promising to avoid distractions. 

So either his involvement was minimal and he was mostly just used to attract attention to the game, or yeah, the guy’s the king of procrastination. Given that it’s been 14 years since the last published Sansa chapter, I’m gonna go with the latter. 

At this point I wonder if he isn't just trolling the critics. Or he lost his nerve, thinks the end of the series isn't going to land well (which honestly seems like a more realistic worry than it did just a few weeks ago) so he's trying to make his bank first.

I refuse to buy anything until he releases Winds, even things I'm actually interested in, like the Fire and Blood book.

4 minutes ago, Celan said:

I refuse to buy anything until he releases Winds, even things I'm actually interested in, like the Fire and Blood book.

That’s where I am now. Much as I’ve liked FaB, I wish I hadn’t supported it. Don’t plan on getting the game until he’s announced Winds. 

8 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Already commented on how horrible it looks awhile back XD

I know. Though I had already seen lots of commercials for it by the time you pointed it out. I think this video however points out how they somehow handed out a license to a developer that's not even half decent enough to make a functional ripoff. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

Did anyone else try to play that horribad Cyanide RPG? It had some promise, but I was so glad that I hit a game breaking bug because then I didn't have to try to play it any longer to see the story.

It's like I said, ASoIaF and games have a bad history together.

I had to look up what you were referring to but I got a vague memory that I heard about it briefly when it came out. 

Personally I think the problems stems from poor management. It seems more like they are handing out the license to anyone willing and able to pay the licensing fee, which seems currently only be those more interested in cashing in on the show's popularity than making a game out of any kind of passion for the world. And if you spend a large portion of the budget on the licensing fee there's not much left for the actual game. 

Edited by Witchking of Angmar

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

6 hours ago, Celan said:

It’s like I said, ASoIaF and games have a bad history together.

Yea you did but it was in relation to something that was entirely different and not GoT related lol. Namely, Elden Ring.

I don’t think anyone here was ever expecting anything but trash from anything GoT and game related. 

@The Good Doctor how was that GoT tales game btw?

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

12 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

how was that GoT tales game btw?

Not bad, but not nearly as good as TWD, Wolf Among Us, or Tales from the Borderlands.

It got kind of annoying when it involved show characters. Especially Ramsay. But the new characters were good and the story had some decent intrigue. Problem is that since TellTale went out of business, they never got to do a season 2 so it is going to remain an unfinished story. Your rival house is one of the most hateable villains ever and it’s extremely unsatisfying that we won’t get to see them brought down. For that reason I wouldn’t recommend it.