Game of Thrones Spoiler Discussion 2 Electric Boogaloo

Which Great House do you stand with?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Great House do you stand with?

• Targaryen "Fire and Blood"
    • Stark "Winter is Coming"
    • Baratheon "Ours is the Fury"
    • Lannister "Hear Me Roar"
    • Tully "Family, Duty, Honor"
    • Greyjoy "We Do Not Sow"
    • Arryn "As High as Honor"
    • Tyrell "Growing Strong"
    • Martell "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

her uncle who went for it, bless his heart, would've been a better choice.

Shit, out of that roster, Edmure was probably the best choice. He is an experienced leader with good morals, is uncle to the rulers of the North and the Vale, he has a powerful and centrally located seat (seriously, why did they decide to keep the ash pile for their capital?), and he has exhibited more concern for his subjects than anyone else in attendance.

It pisses me off that they just dismissed him like some sort of joke and that Sansa, his fucking teenage niece who doesn’t even intend to be part of these Seven Kingdoms, was the one to do it. Westeros is literally run by children.

He's the joke, and the guy in the wheelchair thats never lead in his life and flew around in some birds and got a ton of people killed needlessly and done pretty much nothing of note is the uncontested choice. K.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I would have loved the twist if they had implied Bran had been conciously sabotaging everyone to get the throne the entire season XD Alas...

We didn’t get that, but from his dialogue in this episode, I’m still leaning towards him knowing that this would all happen if he told Jon his parentage, including the destruction of KL, and that he did it intentionally so that he could rule as Westeros’s god king. XD 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

He's the joke, and the guy in the wheelchair thats never lead in his life and flew around in some birds and got a ton of people killed needlessly and done pretty much nothing of note is the uncontested choice. K.

It’s like the main cast didn’t even consider how crazy the shit they were saying must have sounded to all the other lords. 

Tyrion: “Why should this crippled child with no claim be put in charge of all your Kingdoms? Because he’s had a hell of a journey! Isn’t that what matters? Oh, and he is also memory.”

*Sansa, Arya, Sam, Brienne, and Gendry all nod like this is something profound. Meanwhile the Prince of Dorne is likely drunk off his ass and the other lords are just sitting there wondering what the fuck this imp is on about.

• Haha 1

Welp, just finished and overall I’m happy. Lmao. I don’t have to deal with the knowledge that Dany got the throne, thank god. The North remained independent, I’ve wanted that since the beginning. And Jon went to be with the wildlings. Hell yeah. Not happy about how the story got to this point, but yeah

Fuck:dntknw:

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s like the main cast didn’t even consider how crazy the shit they were saying must have sounded to all the other lords. 

Tyrion: “Why should this crippled child with no claim be put in charge of all your Kingdoms? Because he’s had a hell of a journey! Isn’t that what matters? Oh, and he is also memory.”

*Sansa, Arya, Sam, Brienne, and Gendry all nod like this is something profound. Meanwhile the Prince of Dorne is likely drunk off his ass and the other lords are just sitting there wondering what the fuck this imp is on about.

Though I will say Brandon's sight is potentially fucking gamebreaking for...the game. He literally knows everything. He can dig out the dirt of every major house, he knows every transactions and evil doing, he can use his endless knowledge to blackmail the houses, and keep peace. 

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

She did tho.

She just didn’t keep it. Instead, you get Bran. Congrats, lol

Nah, she didn’t. She had the throne for like what? 2 hours? I don’t count that. I’m cool with Bran, I really don’t care who has it as long as Dany doesn’t :dntknw:

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Though I will say Brandon's sight is potentially fucking gamebreaking for...the game. He literally knows everything. He can dig out the dirt of every major house, he knows every transactions and evil doing, he can use his endless knowledge to blackmail the houses, and keep peace. 

One problem. You’re operating under the assumption that Bran will ever use his powers for anything remotely useful. That would be way out of character. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

But would he? Honestly his doing that for Jon already made zero sense, I thought he was supposed to have no ambition. No wants, no cares.

Point blank period XD 

Whats up with your Dany hate anyway?

I haven’t liked her since the first time she appeared. I just don’t like her character. I’ve been waiting for her to die for so fucking long

9 minutes ago, Centurion said:

The North remained independent

I used to cheer for Northern independence and I still do in the books (unless Stannis wins). But as far as I’m concerned in the show, those bastards don’t deserve it. All the good Northmen died with Robb and since then they’ve been a bunch of fair weather bitches who consistently retreat to their castles, refuse calls for help from the liege lords they swore oaths to, and let Wildlings, Valemen, and foreigners from Essos fight every single battle for them. And then after those battles are won, they have the audacity to come out of the woodwork and throw their weight around like they deserve any say in the North’s rule.

Fuck the Northmen. 

• Like 1

Just now, Centurion said:

I haven’t liked her since the first time she appeared. I just don’t like her character. I’ve been waiting for her to die for so fucking long

You didn’t like her even when she was just an innocent party in her brother’s ambitions and being used as a bargaining chip? You wanted her to die even then? Why?

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I used to cheer for Northern independence and I still do in the books (unless Stannis wins). But as far as I’m concerned in the show, those bastards don’t deserve it. All the good Northmen died with Robb and since then they’ve been a bunch of fair weather bitches who consistently retreat to their castles, refuse calls for help from the liege lords they swore oaths to, and let Wildlings, Valemen, and foreigners from Essos fight every single battle for them. And then after those battles are won, they have the audacity to come out of the woodwork and throw their weight around like they deserve any say in the North’s rule.

Fuck the Northmen. 

And Sansas useless ass pretty much fits right in. She’s perfect for them.

Alot of people on twitter, seem to also be upset about apparent "democracy" in Westeros now...and i'm like...wut? An elective monarchy isn't democracy. From what i understand from what little they showed it's basically going to be like the Holy Roman Empire now? 

The episode was on the lower end of medicore to me, and I only enjoyed a few scenes, but rip the things that deserve ripping lol. 

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You didn’t like her even when she was just an innocent party in her brother’s ambitions and being used as a bargaining chip? You wanted her to die even then? Why?

Literally the only use I ever got from her story line was something to beat my meat too, and then even that got taken away

And Sansas useless ass pretty much fits right in. She’s perfect for them.

I’ll even give Sansa more credit than the other Northern Lords. At least she didn’t run and actually contributed, as annoying as she might’ve been all throughout it. Fucking Lord Glover gave one of the most heartfelt apologies to Jon I’ve ever seen on tv, to the point where he nearly broke down in tears upon being forgiven. And then he proclaimed Jon King in the North. It was a powerful scene.

*one season later*

Lord Glover says fuck all that noise and refuses the call again. After saying he would regret the first time until his dying breath.

I can’t stress this enough: fuck the Northmen. 

I liked Dragonborn Dany shot sort of. Was neat. But it just reminded me of everything they sacrificed in favor of visuals. They pretty much took the route of most modern game developers. They made this Dragon Age Inquisition.

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

Literally the only use I ever got from her story line was something to beat my meat too, and then even that got taken away

Bruh I don’t get it, there’s something you ain’t saying. It’s just so random as you present it.