Game of Thrones Spoiler Discussion 2 Electric Boogaloo

Which Great House do you stand with?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Great House do you stand with?

• Targaryen "Fire and Blood"
    • Stark "Winter is Coming"
    • Baratheon "Ours is the Fury"
    • Lannister "Hear Me Roar"
    • Tully "Family, Duty, Honor"
    • Greyjoy "We Do Not Sow"
    • Arryn "As High as Honor"
    • Tyrell "Growing Strong"
    • Martell "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ll even give Sansa more credit than the other Northern Lords. At least she didn’t run and actually contributed, as annoying as she might’ve been all throughout it. Fucking Lord Glover gave one of the most heartfelt apologies to Jon I’ve ever seen on tv, to the point where he nearly broke down in tears upon being forgiven. And then he proclaimed Jon King in the North. It was a powerful scene.

*one season later*

Lord Glover says fuck all that noise and refuses the call again. After saying he would regret the first time until his dying breath.

I can’t stress this enough: fuck the Northmen. 

Fucking Lord Royrce did more for the North then any of the North.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I liked Dragonborn Dany shot sort of. Was neat. But it just reminded me of everything they sacrificed in favor of visuals. They pretty much took the route of most modern game developers. They made this Dragon Age Inquisition.

For all the gameplay issues it has, come on now, Inquisition's writing was actually competent and scores above what Game of Thrones became. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Fucking Lord Royrce did more for the North then any of the North.

Amen. Royce was a ride or die motherfucker. He fought the Boltons, the dead, Cersei. He probably would’ve taken the Vale Knights out to hunt for Drogon if they’d just asked. 

Naturally, he was also treated like a joke character. ¬¬

• Like 1

Did Sansa contribute? I recall her pointing out something stupid that the northmen should’ve already known about their armor, and something about supplies but all she did otherwise was hide, and get the “stick em with the pointy end” comment from Arya, and then stayed her ass in Winterfell after breaking her promise to Jon.

• Thanks 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

For all the gameplay issues it has, come on now, Inquisition's writing was actually competent and scores above what Game of Thrones became. 

That’s completely and utterly sad.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Amen. Royce was a ride or die motherfucker. He fought the Boltons, the dead, Cersei. He probably would’ve taken the Vale Knights out to hunt for Drogon if they’d just asked. 

Naturally, he was also treated like a joke character. ¬¬

Come to think of it...Royce was probably one of the few semi major book characters who remained very competent throughout the series and was true to his book counterpart. When your one of Ned's friends, you have class. 

They should have made him king!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Did Sansa contribute? I recall her pointing out something stupid that the northmen should’ve already known about their armor, and something about supplies but all she did otherwise was hide, and get the “stick em with the pointy end” comment from Arya, and then stayed her ass in Winterfell after breaking her promise to Jon.

She got the Vale Knights involved back in season 4, and they pretty much were loyal to her from that point on. 

Of course, she balances this out with the incredible fuck-up of not telling Jon and letting thousands of Wildlings and Northmen die not knowing reinforcements were on the way. But at least she tried. Better than the disloyal lords. 

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Come to think of it...Royce was probably one of the few semi major book characters who remained very competent throughout the series and was true to his book counterpart. When your one of Ned's friends, you have class. 

They should have made him king!

It’s bad when like my top three choices for King in that council of lords were all side characters who’ve barely had dialogue across several seasons.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

She got the Vale Knights involved back in season 4, and they pretty much were loyal to her from that point on. 

Of course, she balances this out with the incredible fuck-up of not telling Jon and letting thousands of Wildlings and Northmen does not knowing reinforcements were on the way. But at least she tried. Better than the disloyal lords. 

And that’s the reason I’m not counting it.

Plus she’s done fuck all since then. Can’t even say she’s more loyal since she immediately snitched and told his secret. She’s as dumb as Jon for that... is what I would say if I believed that wasn’t intentional. She was probably twerking her ass in a mirror at the news of Danys murder by Jon’s hand. Better than she could’ve predicted.

13 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Bruh I don’t get it, there’s something you ain’t saying. It’s just so random as you present it.

What’s there not to get? I don’t like her character. Never have. Everytime it cut to her arc I just got annoyed.

Fuck:dntknw:

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Plus she’s done fuck all since then. Can’t even say she’s more loyal since she immediately snitched and told his secret.

More loyal to the North. Not to Jon.

I’m not saying she’s smart or hasn’t been as bad as most other characters these last couple seasons. Just that she at least hasn’t turned her back on the North like Glover, Umber, Karstark, etc. all did.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Why

I’ve usually felt the same way. Because I wasn’t invested in Essos at all and her story felt like a distraction from much more interesting conflicts. Then around the time she reached Westeros, the writing plumited hard and what should’ve been her best stuff just ended up being an inconsistent mess. 

Long story short I just don’t wanna give her anything @ Doc lol, almost everything she did felt self serving even in the face of the dead, or just pure stubborn mule fuel, and i just hate everything about her.

I guess I can admit she’s not as fickle tho. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ve usually felt the same way. Because I wasn’t invested in Essos at all and her story felt like a distraction from much more interesting conflicts. Then around the time she reached Westeros, the writing plumited hard and what should’ve been her best stuff just ended up being an inconsistent mess. 

So you wanted her to die for that? 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I don’t know about all that, it seemed like you were talking specifically about Jon to me. Them turning their back on Jon in my eyes is pretty much the same thing.

No, I’m talking about the kingdom of the North. Everyone wanted independence and Jon gave that up because he loved Dany (and that is why, as she had already promised to aid them before he bent the knee). But since most of the the Northmen who got pissy about this outright refused to fight for said independence to begin with, I don’t really give a much of a shit.

Sansa also got pissy, but at least it can be said that she fought -however stupidly- for it. So when she disagrees with what Jon did, I feel like she actually has some right to complain.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So you wanted her to die for that? 

Nah, I meant that I felt the same about not caring for her character. I’d have been annoyed if she died before reaching Westeros as it would’ve felt like a pointless waste of time. 

Ironically, the I only started caring and even rooting for her in this season. Because everyone around her was written so stupidly for the sake of literally driving her insane that I quit caring and just wanted her to stop listening to anyone. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

No, I’m talking about the kingdom of the North. Everyone wanted independence and Jon gave that up because he loved Dany (and that is why, as she had already promised to aid them before he bent the knee). But since most of the the Northmen who got pissy about this outright refused to fight for said independence to begin with, I don’t really give a much of a shit.

Sansa also got pissy, but at least it can be said that she fought -however stupidly- for it. So when she disagrees with what Jon did, I feel like she actually has some right to complain.

He gave that up because they were about to get overrun by the dead. His loving Dany was just a nice little bonus. There wouldn’t be a north for her to get pissy over it he hadnt.

But then, maybe all they needed was Arya lol.

Anyway I see the point but I guess I’m too biased to give her that. 

Scratch that. I also cared about her in season 1. Felt bad for her and genuinely enjoyed watching her take control of her life and gain influence in the Khalessar. And the dragons hatching was a powerful scene.

It also felt way more relevant to the main plot at the time when they were making it seem like she and Drogo would invade Westeros by season 2. XD