Game of Thrones Spoiler Discussion 2 Electric Boogaloo

Which Great House do you stand with?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Great House do you stand with?

• Targaryen "Fire and Blood"
    • Stark "Winter is Coming"
    • Baratheon "Ours is the Fury"
    • Lannister "Hear Me Roar"
    • Tully "Family, Duty, Honor"
    • Greyjoy "We Do Not Sow"
    • Arryn "As High as Honor"
    • Tyrell "Growing Strong"
    • Martell "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"

My hope is that whatever the Thrones guys are doing for Star Wars is an adaptation of something that already exists. That or the Disney people keep their leash short. They were fine, even good, at adapting the books in the first couple seasons, so hopefully if someone else created the story and they're just adapting it, they'll do ok.

At this point it's pretty clear they aren't going to stick the landing. I just hope the characters I like, Davos and the Starks and Brienne, get good endings. Or at least aren't idiots this final episode. 

Of the many things wrong with the last episode, chief among them was that it should’ve been Davos in the Arya role of character who is witnessing the death of the civilians firsthand. You know, the guy who is from King’s Landing and was a member of the smallfolk for most of his life. The one who is shown to be compassionate and caring. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve enjoyed that they’re retreating from ice in her veins assassin Arya, but they can show that differently than how they did. Davos would’ve been a lichee better character to have in her role in the episode. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BTC said:

Of the many things wrong with the last episode, chief among them was that it should’ve been Davos in the Arya role of character who is witnessing the death of the civilians firsthand. You know, the guy who is from King’s Landing and was a member of the smallfolk for most of his life. The one who is shown to be compassionate and caring. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve enjoyed that they’re retreating from ice in her veins assassin Arya, but they can show that differently than how they did. Davos would’ve been a lichee better character to have in her role in the episode. 

I was ranting to Witch about this in our PM. I think the scene where Arya tries and fails to save that little girl would have been much more potent with Davos: a father who lost his son to wildfire outside this very city, and later lost a daughter-figure to the flames of a different ruler who he regretted following.

It parallels so many aspects of his story that using him seems almost like common sense to me. Once again, this shit writes itself. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

My prediction is that Davos will be pushed to the background and practically forgotten about. He's Jon's lackey now. Not some independent character with his own story and motivations. 

That, or Crazy Dany just kills him because he says burning hundreds of thousands of innocents is bad or something. 

Batshit Dany will probably find out that he helped Tyrion smuggle Jaime out and execute both of them. I mean, they don't have anything else to do with the characters, so pointless death is in store for them.

Probably a lot easier to kill off 90% of the characters than it is to come up with decent conclusions to their stories.

What’s funny is that’s not even an exaggeration. With all the characters who have been in this show, and with how few we’ve got now, I think it’s a safe bet that over 90% of them are dead or will be by the end.

28 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Im trying to explain Jon Snow's magic D to Nick, help me explain to him.

*cracks knuckles*

Ok, so first of all, Jon does not in fact have a magic D. Podrick has a magic D, but contrary to popular belief his is not uncommonly large, he just uses it very well according to Littlefinger's whores (which is unfortunate as it makes the beloved nickname Tri-Pod less meaningful).

Tormund Giantsbane, however, does have a massive D, though there is no evidence that it is magic. In fact, Tormund's member is described (by himself, and who would know better than him) as twice the length of the next largest member in the world, and that is after a bear bit half of it off. So if Ds in Game of Thrones are comparable in size to the real world (which we can reasonably assume based on those we've seen in the show), that would mean that Tormund's member is roughly 27 inches, twice the length of the world record of 13.5. But because this is after a bear bit it in half, Tormund's Prime Member was probably closer to 54 inches. This explains how he was able to fuck a bear without getting mauled. He had the reach advantage.

But I digress. Jon's superpower is not a magic D. It is actually the Lord's Kiss. AKA "that thing he does with his tongue" which it seems he did not invent, but he did perfect and also introduced to Wildling culture (Ygritte, who is no novice at lovemaking, was completely surprised by it). It is much more likely that this is actually what Dany was so thirsty for that it drove her insane. Jon Snow does not have a magic D. He has a magic T.

• Haha 3

A little bit. I'm also ranting on YT and reddit. It was good therapy until the professional shills started showing up. "Well actually, the foreshadowing has been there all along" now sends me into teeth gnashing rage.

7 minutes ago, Celan said:

A little bit. I'm also ranting on YT and reddit. It was good therapy until the professional shills started showing up. "Well actually, the foreshadowing has been there all along" now sends me into teeth gnashing rage.

The one that frustrates me the most is people saying Melisandre foreshadowed Arya killing the Night King in season 3 when she said Arya would shut brown eyes, blue eyes, and green eyes.

That was so forced. She obviously meant human eyes at the time and attention wasn’t even called to the blue ones. We know this for a fact because the showrunners admitted that they only decided to have Arya be the one to do it during season 6. And besides Bran giving her the dagger and Gendry explaining to her what the White Walkers are like ten minutes ago, there has been nothing even remotely connecting her story to the White Walkers this entire time.

People can like or defend the subversion all they want, but let’s not pretend like it was actually built up to. 

18 minutes ago, Celan said:

Same thing with me at work. My boi keeps saying he likes mad queen Dany and they foreshadowed it since the beginning. He also skipped seasons to watch ahead lol and just started watching. Compares her to Anakin

• Sad 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

This fool even called it Shakespearean. Keep having to bring up Star Wars and that quote about themes so people realize they’re giving them waaay too much credit and reading into it far more than the writers did even if they do like it.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee