Game of Thrones Spoiler Discussion 2 Electric Boogaloo

Which Great House do you stand with?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Great House do you stand with?

• Targaryen "Fire and Blood"
    • Stark "Winter is Coming"
    • Baratheon "Ours is the Fury"
    • Lannister "Hear Me Roar"
    • Tully "Family, Duty, Honor"
    • Greyjoy "We Do Not Sow"
    • Arryn "As High as Honor"
    • Tyrell "Growing Strong"
    • Martell "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"

It's funny that seeing such poor writing just reinforces my interest in the roleplay. It's reassuring to know that even if what I write doesn't end up as good as I hoped, it will never be as bad as GoT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Like, you know they weren’t expecting that when they made that call. At the time it was probably all “Breaker of Chains” and “Dragon Queen”! 

*several years later*

Aaaaand here’s a shot of her burning thousands of children alive.

I can see liberals freaking out XD Anyone else would probably be like "Meh, made for some pretty cool shots at least. Badass."

I wouldn't name my kid after anyone on tv except maybe stone cold steve austin and Goku XD 

Just kidding lol.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Just kidding lol.

Sure ya are. :P 

2 minutes ago, BTC said:

It's funny that seeing such poor writing just reinforces my interest in the roleplay. It's reassuring to know that even if what I write doesn't end up as good as I hoped, it will never be as bad as GoT

I hope to one day burn down a fantasy city just to see if I can do better. 

• Haha 1

They made it seem like they came to the conclusion that she'd roast kids because she watched the guy who said he'd stand by as a whole army raped her, and their horses too if it meant he'd get his birthright... die with a straight face, and that ladies and gentlemen is the perfect example of misconstruing a situation.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

They made it seem like they came to the conclusion that she'd roast kids because she watched the guy who said he'd stand by as a whole army raped her, and their horses too if it meant he'd get his birthright die with a straight face, and that ladies and gentlemen is the perfect example of misconstruing a situation.

She fucking cried when Drogon toasted that farmer’s kid outside Mereen.

Dany could very well go mad queen in the books. I don’t know. But the show sure as hell didn’t set her up to be one before this episode. Even in episode 4, it was more like justified anger and frustration (because her allies and advisers were constantly fucking up) than madness. 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I hope to one day burn down a fantasy city just to see if I can do better. 

Tbh Doc I just don't see it. Creating both a believable and interesting story and character arc that results in a city burning down? I'd like to see you pull that off

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Like, you know they weren’t expecting that when they made that call. At the time it was probably all “Breaker of Chains” and “Dragon Queen”! 

*several years later*

Aaaaand here’s a shot of her burning thousands of children alive.

Yeah it's like naming your child Boldir XD

• Haha 2

What’s funny is that if they really wanted this apocalyptic scenario where the city is burning and everyone is dying around Jon and Arya, they had so many tools to make it happen without this heel-turn of Dany’s character. It was acknowledged in this episode that wildfire was buried around the city. Just make it more and have her ignite it by accident. She can still look like this big villain to the world, and we could even blame her for being so trigger happy. But she’d still be the Dany we know, brutal, flawed, but not insane and genocidal.

Promise I’ll be done ranting soon. 

Dany turned out worse than her father. He only wanted to burn them all when he was losing and about to die anyway. She went and burned everyone after winning.

Also, Bran saw this in his visions. The shot of Drogon’s shadow flying over was pulled directly from one of them. At this point I’m legitimately wondering if he wanted all this to happen. He saw it, told no one, and then gave Jon the info that led to it happening. Is all this being a plot by evil Bran giving the writers too much credit? It is, isn’t it?

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

All I could do was just shake my head and enjoy the carnage.

Dumb bitch squandered a total surrender, never got to execute bitchqueen and now is just gonna get backstabbed in the next episode.

Gg game of thrones.

That wasn’t pretty much me. I enjoyed it the way I might enjoy watching an R rated Godzilla movie.

Dany has no idea how many generals would kill for what she just got handed. Total surrender, very few lives lost, her new city and castle almost perfectly preserved and hers for the taking. The people wouldn’t have even had a reason to particularly dislike her, as before she snapped they had hardly been touched. Which, again, rare. To them, she just showed up, avenged their Pope and beloved former queen, and kicked out the bitch no one likes. She had the game of thrones won. 

Nope. Bells are apparently her trigger. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That wasn’t pretty much me. I enjoyed it the way I might enjoy watching an R rated Godzilla movie.

Dany has no idea how many generals would kill for what she just got handed. Total surrender, very few lives lost, her new city and castle almost perfectly preserved and hers for the taking. The people wouldn’t have even had a reason to particularly dislike her, as before she snapped they had hardly been touched. Which, again, rare. To them, she just showed up, avenged their Pope and beloved former queen, and kicked out the bitch no one likes. She had the game of thrones won. 

Nope. Bells are apparently her trigger. 

This man knows his shit.

Besieging King's Landing can be equated to besiging heyday Rome.

Very little of the civilian population was killed, next to nothing in decimation, literally all infrastructure is intact AND the most prestigious and well defended keep in the country is umdamaged and yours along with the whole city.

Even fucking Brennus would jump on the chance to rule Rome.

Edit: And she fucking ruins the entire city and instantly set in motion the downfall of her reign. Nobody under the sun will trust her, fucking nobody will defend her if her dragon dies.

Her dynasty will not outlive the dragon.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Like 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

So where do you think her short lived court will be set up at?

My guess is Dragonstone. Hey King's Landing would have been perfect- oh wait that's right.

We didn’t get any shots of the Iron Throne in this episode. Feels intentional to me. My guess is we’ll see it in ruins next episode like in Dany’s vision, and that she won’t ever sit in the chair. 

Doubt she is willing to settle for Dragonstone though. She’ll probably order reconstruction to begin immediately. Sadly, she’ll have to import builders on account of the local ones all dying in a tragic fire.