Game of Thrones Spoiler Discussion 2 Electric Boogaloo

Which Great House do you stand with?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Great House do you stand with?

• Targaryen "Fire and Blood"
    • Stark "Winter is Coming"
    • Baratheon "Ours is the Fury"
    • Lannister "Hear Me Roar"
    • Tully "Family, Duty, Honor"
    • Greyjoy "We Do Not Sow"
    • Arryn "As High as Honor"
    • Tyrell "Growing Strong"
    • Martell "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

But a zombie killed his girlfriend!

The longer I think about it after watching, the more pissed I am that a PERFECT surrender was squandered. I'd have really admired the resurgence of brain cells in this episode.

But to quote Pink Floyd, "Fuck all that, we gotta get on with these!"

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Haha 1

Well I was right about Jaime. The ending for him and Cersei felt it would have been rather fitting, before she blew up the sept. Still a nice scene that was really carried by the actors more than the writing. Compared to everything else I'd consider this to be towards the positive end for the episode. 

Of course the fight scene with Euron that was rather pointless. Seems like daggers are useless now given how Jaime walked off those wounds as easily as Arya. 

Varys should have died when they were attacked by Euron the previous episode. I feel that would have been a more dignified end. 

Seeing Dany go crazy actually makes me wish they had gone with a more traditional fantasy ending. Just take the city, marry Jon and be done with it. At least that would have been tolerable ending. But no, they got to have big dark twist because this is GoT. Who cares if it doesn't make sense? I swear these writers must think that "subverting expectations" is just throwing random plot twists into the script. 

At least I wont be able to go into a rant over their strategy. Though I find it very strange that the soldiers start butchering unarmed and fleeing civilians. I'd expect Jon would have carefully instructed them to not do that. I can buy the dothraki doing that because of their culture and the language barrier between Jon and them. But why does the northmen and Unsullied suddenly decide to butcher civilians? I can understand if some northmen want to sneak off to do some pillaging and raping, but there's no reason to butcher random unarmed people. 

4 hours ago, BTC said:

It's funny that seeing such poor writing just reinforces my interest in the roleplay. It's reassuring to know that even if what I write doesn't end up as good as I hoped, it will never be as bad as GoT

Well it certainly puts one's own writing in perspective when it's better than that a million dollar show based on a famous book series. And we're just hobby writers. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

“I’m the man who killed Jaime fucking Lannister.”

-the dying words of the first man in centuries to slay a dragon.

Cersei's magical cooter blinded him. Sort of like Jon's magical dick turned Dany mad in its absence.

5 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

They made it seem like they came to the conclusion that she'd roast kids because she watched the guy who said he'd stand by as a whole army raped her, and their horses too if it meant he'd get his birthright... die with a straight face, and that ladies and gentlemen is the perfect example of misconstruing a situation.

But she's like her father, get it get it?? It's DENSITY.

Fuck this bad fanfiction.

35 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Should have saved Rhaegal’s death for this episode. Would’ve felt less pointless and made Dany snapping on the spot feel at least a little more earned. 

I feel that's about as effective as putting a plaster on a severed limb. There's really no saving the direction these episodes have taken. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

Watching D&D's epilogue commentary. What a load of bullshit.

They said that Dany seeing the Red Keep became a symbol of all that she lost and that caused her to snap. Really? Seeing the keep HER FAMILY BUILT and that she's now won, the place she's been dreaming of and has suffered for and now can claim- that's what causes her to snap?

Said she was isolated because her advisors are either dead or turned on her and she can't handle it. You mean like back when the entire khalasar turned on her, Mirri Maz Duur betrayed her, her husband and child died and Jorah was conspiring against her? Somehow she can't handle isolation any longer?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Celan said:

Said she was isolated because her advisors are either dead or turned on her and she can't handle it. You mean like back when the entire khalasar turned on her, Mirri Maz Duur betrayed her, her husband and child died and Jorah was conspiring against her? Somehow she can't handle isolation any longer?

My favorite part was when they said that her composure during Viserys’s death seven seasons ago was writing on the wall that she could be one of the crazy Targs. Never mind that he sold her and threatened to gut her and her baby. Or that it took her half the season and encouragement from Jorah to come to grips with the fact that he needed to be dealt with. 

Every “crazy Dany” moment in the show so far, even the more questionable ones from an outside perspective, were rationalized in her head. Whether we agreed or not, Dany could argue that everything she did was at least in the attempt to be just. She has never just had a spur of the moment bout of pure evil insanity for the sake of it. Until now, that is.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

My favorite part was when they said that her composure during Viserys’s death seven seasons ago was writing on the wall that she could be one of the crazy Targs. Never mind that he sold her and threatened to gut her and her baby. Or that it took her half the season and encouragement from Jorah to come to grips with the fact that he needed to be dealt with. 

Every “crazy Dany” moment in the show so far, even the more questionable ones from an outside perspective, were rationalized in her head. Whether we agreed or not, Dany could argue that everything she did was at least in the attempt to be just. She has never just had a spur of the moment bout of pure evil insanity for the sake of it. Until now, that is.

People on reddit trying to justify it with all the supposed abuses she perpetrated... she crucified people, sure. Rich dicks who had crucified hundreds of children just to taunt her. She burned slavers. Meanwhile she locked her dragons in a pit because Drogon had cooked one child for dinner.

What I also can't figure out is why Dany herself doesn't try to convince Jon to marry her, for the sake of the realm. So what if he won't give her the magic D. At least to ally with her. They've made a good team and he brings the north.

Of course, I know why. The writers needed their orgy of violent spectacle, so Mad Queen it was.

I got my first comment deletion on reddit for telling someone that defending the terrible writing makes them look daft. XD 

45 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Right, that’s what I meant earlier:

18 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

They made it seem like they came to the conclusion that she'd roast kids because she watched the guy who said he'd stand by as a whole army raped her, and their horses too if it meant he'd get his birthright... die with a straight face, and that ladies and gentlemen is the perfect example of misconstruing a situation.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

16 minutes ago, Celan said:

What I also can't figure out is why Dany herself doesn't try to convince Jon to marry her, for the sake of the realm. So what if he won't give her the magic D. At least to ally with her. They've made a good team and he brings the north.

I think their reasoning is that even if she marries him, he’ll still be the top dog now that the truth about him being Rhaegar’s son is out, and Dany doesn’t want to be the queen by marriage. She wants to be the one on the throne.

Which is of course fucking stupid. Jon couldn’t make it any more crystal clear that he doesn’t give a crap about being the rightful ruler. Even if the whole realm knew his story, all he’d have to do is give up his claim, which multiple Targaryens have done including one of Jon’s closest mentors, Aemon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think their reasoning is that even if she marries him, he’ll still be the top dog now that the truth about him being Rhaegar’s son is out, and Dany doesn’t want to be the queen by marriage. She wants to be the one on the throne.

Which is of course fucking stupid. Jon couldn’t make it any more crystal clear that he doesn’t give a crap about being the rightful ruler. Even if the whole realm knew his story, all he’d have to do is give up his claim, which multiple Targaryens have done including one of Jon’s closest mentors, Aemon. 

I actually could see that angle from new Dany if it was done right. Lol Rebec has a point when she said there’s no Queen when there’s a king. If she was made out to be that petty and wanting to be top dog and we saw that development, I could buy it. 

We didn’t however. What we saw was her wanting her birthright back and loving a man who she should’ve been perfectly happy with ruling together with. Hell even that retard Varys said that she’s too strong a personality for Jon lol everyone would know who was the true power. She has a vagina yes but that Dragons more peen than anyone’s got.

If she’d have ruled alongside Khal Drogo I don’t see her having issue with ruling alongside Jon, unless we actually saw that development.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

If she’d have ruled alongside Khal Drogo I don’t see her having issue with ruling alongside Jon, unless we actually saw that development.

I don’t think she ever would’ve ruled alongside Drogo, though. At least not as equal rulers of Westeros. He only cared about the Seven Kingdoms at all because he knew giving Dany the iron chair would make her happy, and more importantly because he believed their son was destined to conquer the world. He probably sees his rank as the greatest among Khals as being much more noteworthy than king or queen of Westeros.

I do think they have built Dany up as a character who does want to be the top dog, even if she shouldn’t. My main problem with her development is that they suddenly decided last second that her being ambitious and sometimes brutal means she’s also insane and capable of genocide despite her showing compassion throughout the entire show’s run.

Second problem is that they had to make everyone around her braindead and incompetent for it to work. Varys and Tyrion have to fuck up at every turn. Sansa has to become utterly cold for no obvious reason. Bran and Arya have to stand aside and pretend that their powers couldn’t easily solve everything. And Jon, the guy who spent the entire show doing what he feels is right no matter how much pressure is mounted against him, has to be rewritten as a weak-willed bitch who will apparently just be submissive in Dany’s presence. 

It’s not just around her, like Witch said, literally everyone now is a fuck up and the idiot ball dissolved into a plague that just spread all across Westeros.

I don’t think she was so obsessed with being top dog that she wouldn’t have accepted Jons marriage proposal tho. She was alone and wanted to rule so yea we saw that side of it.

What I mean specifically is that they never even fuckin brought up marriage with Dany, only with Tyrion and Varys alone. That’s what pissed me off. We could speculate what might happen, what she might say but not a single person, not even her fucking hand brings up that possibility, so it never saw any sort of development or even light.

20 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I don’t think she was so obsessed with being top dog that she wouldn’t have accepted Jons marriage proposal tho. She was alone and wanted to rule so yea we saw that side of it.

I agree. Especially considering that Jon didn’t want to rule. It was the most obviously advantageous political marriage they could’ve asked for. With love thrown in to boot. Only reasons it couldn’t work are because the show forgot that Jon has all the power in the world to just say “nah, she can have the throne” and because apparently Dany has been insane all along and just needed one more push. ¬¬

18 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I can’t comment on Drogo, I assume the books show us much more of their relationship than the show did.

I think even in the show he shows very little interest in Westeros until they catch that assassin and he gets all hyped about giving his son Westeros so he can conquer the world, and the way he looks at Dany makes it seem like it’s all for her too. He doesn’t show any interest in being a king or the like, just in raping their women, destroying their idols, and generally proving himself as the most Dothraki of all Dothraki. 

• Like 1