Game of Thrones Spoiler Discussion 2 Electric Boogaloo

Which Great House do you stand with?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Great House do you stand with?

• Targaryen "Fire and Blood"
    • Stark "Winter is Coming"
    • Baratheon "Ours is the Fury"
    • Lannister "Hear Me Roar"
    • Tully "Family, Duty, Honor"
    • Greyjoy "We Do Not Sow"
    • Arryn "As High as Honor"
    • Tyrell "Growing Strong"
    • Martell "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I didn’t realize they fucked in the show, probably wasn’t aware of who everyone was yet, plus Lancel got a haircut and turned into a religious goon.

Yeah back in season 2 Tyrion pieces it together and uses the knowledge to blackmail Lancel into informing him of all Cersei’s plans.

14 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

:rofl:

Hope that was a joke at least 

The exact quote:

"She's been fucking Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack and Moon Boy for all I know."

Moon Boy is what they call the jester. XD So yeah, that part was a joke but he was trying to make a point and hurt Jaime.

46 minutes ago, Celan said:

I've considered that they have contempt for both the material and the fanbase. 

My guess is that once Disney contacted them about Star Wars, they decided to end it all as quickly as possible so they could move on to that. GoT is huge, but there aren’t many bigger gigs in that industry than getting to produce a SW trilogy for the Mouse.

I wonder how the mouse feels now after seeing how they fucked up one of the most successful series’ reputation on tv ever.

“We got the right guys for the job after all, you’ll fit right in, ohoh!”- The Mouse

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I wonder how the mouse feels now after seeing how they fucked up one of the most successful series’ reputation on tv ever.

Reveal hidden contents

“We got the right guys for the job after all, you’ll fit right in, ohoh!”- The Mouse

Witch said something like this a while back but I think it would be hilarious if Disney cancelled those movies and they were left without GoT, no Star Wars, and a reputation for ruining good material.

56 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

My guess is that once Disney contacted them about Star Wars, they decided to end it all as quickly as possible so they could move on to that. GoT is huge, but there aren’t many bigger gigs in that industry than getting to produce a SW trilogy for the Mouse.

On to fuck over another fanbase.

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

r/asoiaf has been brutal towards the show for even longer. But that’s to be expected in a forum that was originally meant to be for the books. 

It's been raided by kneelers this week. 

Nah mass effect 3 for all the bitching i and others did wasn’t anywhere near as bad as this and whats coming.

edit: plus they actually bothered to fix it. That ain’t happening here

And GoTs quality drop was consistent. ME series got better as it went on then suddenly just dropped the ball at the end 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Not related to the show, but I was just reading Fire and Blood and just came to one of the gnarliest passages I’ve read in this series. It’s a passage from the private journal of the septon who prayed over a dying Targaryen princess. She had flown on a dragon to Valyria and back. And holy shit, it’s now the scariest place in the damn series.

“Her skin was flushed and red and when I laid my hand upon her brow to learn how hot she was, it was as if I had thrust it into a pot of boiling oil. There was scarce an ounce of flesh upon her bones, so gaunt and starved did she appear, but we could observe certain…swellings inside her, as her skin bulged out and then sunk down again, as if…no, not as if, for this was the truth of it…there were things inside her, living things, moving and twisting, mayhaps searching for a way out, and giving her such pain that even the milk of the poppy gave her no surcease. We told the king, as we must surely tell her mother, that Aerea never spoke, but that is a lie. I pray that I shall soon forget some of the things she whispered through her cracked and bleeding lips. I cannot forget how oft she begged for death.

“All the maester’s arts were powerless against her fever, if indeed we can call such a horror by such a commonplace name. The simplest way to say it is that the poor child was cooking from within. Her flesh grew darker and darker and then began to crack, until her skin resembled nothing so much, Seven save me, as pork cracklings. Thin tendrils of smoke issued from her mouth, her nose, even, most obscenely, from her nether lips. By then she had ceased to speak, though the things within her continued to move. Her very eyes cooked within her skull and finally burst, like two eggs left in a pot of boiling water for too long.

“I thought that was the most hideous thing that I should ever see, but I was quickly disabused of the notion, for a worse horror was awaiting me. That came when Benifer and I lowered the poor child into a tub and covered her with ice. The shock of that immersion stopped her heart at once, I tell myself…if so, that was a mercy, for that was when the things inside her came out…

“The things…Mother have mercy, I do not know how to speak of them…they were…worms with faces…snakes with hands…twisting, slimy, unspeakable things that seemed to writhe and pulse and squirm as they came bursting from her flesh. Some were no bigger than my little finger, but one at least was as long as my arm…oh, Warrior protect me, the sounds they made…

“They died, though. I must remember that, cling to that. Whatever they might have been, they were creatures of heat and fire, and they did not love the ice, oh no. One after another they thrashed and writhed and died before my eyes, thank the Seven. I will not presume to give them names…they were horrors.”

Shit’s like Alien but with fire monsters. I was not expecting that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Not related to the show, but I was just reading Fire and Blood and just came to one of the gnarliest passages I’ve read in this series. It’s a passage from the private journal of the septon who prayed over a dying Targaryen princess. She had flown on a dragon to Valyria and back. And holy shit, it’s now the scariest place in the damn series.

Reveal hidden contents

“Her skin was flushed and red and when I laid my hand upon her brow to learn how hot she was, it was as if I had thrust it into a pot of boiling oil. There was scarce an ounce of flesh upon her bones, so gaunt and starved did she appear, but we could observe certain…swellings inside her, as her skin bulged out and then sunk down again, as if…no, not as if, for this was the truth of it…there were things inside her, living things, moving and twisting, mayhaps searching for a way out, and giving her such pain that even the milk of the poppy gave her no surcease. We told the king, as we must surely tell her mother, that Aerea never spoke, but that is a lie. I pray that I shall soon forget some of the things she whispered through her cracked and bleeding lips. I cannot forget how oft she begged for death.

“All the maester’s arts were powerless against her fever, if indeed we can call such a horror by such a commonplace name. The simplest way to say it is that the poor child was cooking from within. Her flesh grew darker and darker and then began to crack, until her skin resembled nothing so much, Seven save me, as pork cracklings. Thin tendrils of smoke issued from her mouth, her nose, even, most obscenely, from her nether lips. By then she had ceased to speak, though the things within her continued to move. Her very eyes cooked within her skull and finally burst, like two eggs left in a pot of boiling water for too long.

“I thought that was the most hideous thing that I should ever see, but I was quickly disabused of the notion, for a worse horror was awaiting me. That came when Benifer and I lowered the poor child into a tub and covered her with ice. The shock of that immersion stopped her heart at once, I tell myself…if so, that was a mercy, for that was when the things inside her came out…

“The things…Mother have mercy, I do not know how to speak of them…they were…worms with faces…snakes with hands…twisting, slimy, unspeakable things that seemed to writhe and pulse and squirm as they came bursting from her flesh. Some were no bigger than my little finger, but one at least was as long as my arm…oh, Warrior protect me, the sounds they made…

“They died, though. I must remember that, cling to that. Whatever they might have been, they were creatures of heat and fire, and they did not love the ice, oh no. One after another they thrashed and writhed and died before my eyes, thank the Seven. I will not presume to give them names…they were horrors.”

1200px-Firewyrm_by_Kevin_Catalan.jpg

You think they can be related to the Flame Wyrms of Valaria? Primeval Horrors that were rumored to have been bred with wyverns to create the Dragons

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You think they can be related to the Flame Wyrms of Valaria? Primeval Horrors that were rumored to have been bred with wyverns to create the Dragons

Your guess is as good as mine. The septon doesn’t write any more about them and the maester never wrote or spoke of the encounter at all. 

Valyria is like an apocalyptic cocktail of fire magic, blood magic, toxic air and water, and fantasy monsters. They could be related to the wyrms, or they could be one of a thousand species of monstrosities that resides there. 

Though it is worth noting that the septon who wrote this passage (Septon Barth) is the same guy who came up with the theories you’re talking about and wrote about firewyrms and other stuff relating to Valyria. 

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Nah mass effect 3 for all the bitching i and others did wasn’t anywhere near as bad as this and whats coming.

edit: plus they actually bothered to fix it. That ain’t happening here

And GoTs quality drop was consistent. ME series got better as it went on then suddenly just dropped the ball at the end 

I mean how Casey Hudson and Mac Walters supposedly locked themselves in a room and wouldn't let any other writers near the final ending.

GoT has had its good moments, too, but these two don't produce them.

56 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

This makes me think that our meta theory that the NIght King had a rational motive could have something to it, after all. It also reminds me of Victarion's horn and how it cooks people from the inside out who try to use it.

1 minute ago, Celan said:

This makes me think that our meta theory that the NIght King had a rational motive could have something to it, after all. It also reminds me of Victarion's horn and how it cooks people from the inside out who try to use it.

Euron claims to have gotten that horn from Valyria, so it's certainly connected in that sense.

I think the Others will definitely have a motive in the books. They seem more like an intelligent race than the ice robots we got in the show. Doubt there will be a nameless Night King, either. I don't think GRRM would make it so easy as just killing one bad guy and winning it all.

I think the worst thing the series has done is make me hate the Starks. At this point they're just simpering Mary Sues. Jon was just as dumb as Ned when it came to his fucking honor. Sansa obviously has none. Arya is an unkillable murder bot. Bran is beyond useless.