Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #32

Fallout Show  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you hope the new Fallout tv show is set?

• The West (NCR, Vegas, etc)
    • The Midwest (Legion lands, Rogue BoS, etc.)
    • The East (Maxson's BoS, the Pitt, etc.)
    • Somewhere completely new

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@TheCzarsHussar Have you played Dishonored? If not, you should. It’s another series with an incredibly rich world (it is almost suspicious how well developed it is just in the first game alone) that is unique and memorable.

Plus, most people here have played it, so there’s plenty of conversations to be had.

I actually have never played dishonored, I heard that 1 was better than 2 (or was it the other way around?)

I'll check to see its price and how many gigs itll take up on steam 

I was reading more about the Metro author; he basically wrote the general plot line and dialogue for Last Light and Exodus (he incorporated alot of aspects from it for his book continuity too which came after Last Light), and actually has other foreign writers (ranging from Italian and French ones) write books set in the Metro Universe to expand it in there region/culture, and considers them all canon. Pretty smart actually XD He has a steady hand on the book continuity, and he gets to work on the game's continuity too. Rather then being upset by the popularity, he just gets to have control over the games to a high degree AND draws in a crowd to read his books. 

"Without the gaming franchise, the Witcher series would never get this crazy international readership that it has. And it’s not just about the gamers but the gaming press and the buzz it creates, and just the feeling of something great and massive and impressive coming out. This got people hooked. He would remain a local Eastern European phenomenon without this, but he would never break into the West. And the same goes for my Metro books."

• Like 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I actually have never played dishonored, I heard that 1 was better than 2 (or was it the other way around?)

I'll check to see its price and how many gigs itll take up on steam 

1 is better, but 2's a great sequel (and it has much more polished gameplay). 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I can both run it well and have room to install it. Are the DLCs worth the extra dough?

Absolutely. The story DLCs are basically a two part MQ that runs tangential to the base game. Playing them is not necessary to understand the base game’s plot, but they add some new context to things happening behind the scenes and heavily flesh out one of the main antagonists.

45 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Pretty much what Balrog said. 2 isn’t bad by any stretch, but 1 is better.

I will say this, though, 2 has a couple of the most uniquely designed levels I have ever played in a video game.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

I’m tired as FUCK. Cross country road trip with the wife, 3 month old, and cat from the in-laws in Washington to Colorado. Drove 8 hours yesterday and stayed the night in Boise, ID. Drove 5 1/2 today and when are staying in Wyoming. Finishing up tomorrow with a packed ass little car lol. 10/10 would not recommend

• Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw:

Microsoft dissolved Zenimax’s board of directors. This could be a good thing, as it’s the boards who tend to push for devs to simplify everything to appeal to a mass audience. Just gotta hope Microsoft doesn’t replace them with a similar beast.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/zenimax-board-of-directors-dissolved-after-xboxs-bethesda-purchase/1100-6488918/

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Microsoft dissolved Zenimax’s board of directors. This could be a good thing, as it’s the boards who tend to push for devs to simplify everything to appeal to a mass audience. Just gotta hope Microsoft doesn’t replace them with a similar beast.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/zenimax-board-of-directors-dissolved-after-xboxs-bethesda-purchase/1100-6488918/

The beast is dead! 

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently there recasting Batwoman AGAIN ?! I kinda wanna see why this production is such a glorious clusterfuck  XD

https://www.ign.com/articles/batwoman-wallis-day-takes-over-ruby-roses-kate-kane-role

They didn’t recast her the first time. It was a whole new character who found the Batwoman suit. This time it is an actual recast because the new girl is playing the original Batwoman character.

I’ve very upset they couldn’t get Ruby Rose to reprise the role. Her terrible acting was half the fun of season 1. I’m worried this new girl will ruin the fun.

• Like 1

https://www.ign.com/articles/resident-evil-2-remake-actors-reprise-roles-in-netflix-anime-series

I just heard about this now.

And this even better news; 

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/resident-evil-film-title-johannes-roberts-1234935345/

It has no connection to the shitty Mila films, is using mostly practical effects, is taking inspiration from Resident Evil 1 and 2, using their Remake versions for visual inspiration, and is massively inspired by John Carpenters the thing. Don't fuck it up. 

32 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Oh imagine that, a “mass shooting” Biden can use to launch a gun control campaign. I totally didn’t see this coming at all.

They should call Harrison Hanks!