Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #32

Fallout Show  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you hope the new Fallout tv show is set?

• The West (NCR, Vegas, etc)
    • The Midwest (Legion lands, Rogue BoS, etc.)
    • The East (Maxson's BoS, the Pitt, etc.)
    • Somewhere completely new

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

just seems ridiculous they tried to pull a "He was actually doing what he thought was good!" with the King of Fucking Rape. 

I don’t think the intention was for him to have thought it was good. Molag Bal doesn’t even understand good or bad. He was merely stating what he believes to be the reality.

"The end is coming. You’ll regret stopping me when it does."

The thing is, he’s still wrong. We prevent both horrible outcomes from happening, so it was not a necessary sacrifice. That’s why he’s a villain and not a really fucked up hero who failed.

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Siege of the Dragon Cult. 

The story should’ve been filled with quests like this. Imagine Stormcloaks, Legion, and Thalmor also pursuing the masks and other dragon artifacts like they did in this single quest. Could’ve turned into something of an arm’s race.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The story should’ve been filled with quests like this. Imagine Stormcloaks, Legion, and Thalmor also pursuing the masks and other dragon artifacts like they did in this single quest. Could’ve turned into something of an arm’s race.

Thing was it was really just a super detailed Dungeon delve with a lot of character, atmosphere, and lore filled inside (reminds me of shrunk down Mehunes Razer)

Then you got super layered and fucking expansive side quests like the Markath conspiracy, with branching paths and tons of NPC interactions and world interactions.

Instead of filling Skyrim with stuff like this (though they did a very good job with the dungeons more or less) 8/10 quests are stealing Argonian ale for some Nord beggar, and doing three random dungeon clears and becoming the Grandmaster of a guild XD

I wanted more side quests related to giants; Skyrim really, really went the extra mile to developing them, there one of the most distinct "creatures" in the series. Yet I can't remember them being involved in any Quests in a major way. 

5459474-1518302631.jpg

Skyrim-Giant-Mourning-Cropped.jpg?q=50&f

9paaqv9l9ak21.png
Also one of my favorite mobs in the game 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I wanted more side quests related to giants; Skyrim really, really went the extra mile to developing them, there one of the most distinct "creatures" in the series. Yet I can't remember them being involved in any Quests in a major way. 

5459474-1518302631.jpg

Skyrim-Giant-Mourning-Cropped.jpg?q=50&f

9paaqv9l9ak21.png
Also one of my favorite mobs in the game 

Of all our writing differences and likes, I find it funny that you and I both love the Giants from Skyrim.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

It did?

Gave them their own unique settlement, livestock, culture, language,  interactions, random encounters, stuff like that XD I think they really made them feel like they were part of the world...and didn't do anything with them. 

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Gave them their own unique settlement, livestock, culture, language,  interactions, random encounters, stuff like that XD I think they really made them feel like they were part of the world...and didn't do anything with them. 

Ah, I gotcha. Yeah, I agree with that. They definitely feel more natural than a lot of other things.

Though the lack of interactions makes it a mixed bag. Can they speak? Are they even close to human intelligence? I can’t give them too much credit for being fleshed out when we don’t even know if they can speak. Everything we got is very visual.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Ah, I gotcha. Yeah, I agree with that. They definitely feel more natural than a lot of other things.

Though the lack of interactions makes it a mixed bag. Can they speak? Are they even close to human intelligence? I can’t give them too much credit for being fleshed out when we don’t even know if they can speak. Everything we got is very visual.

I thought they were making verbal grunting while warning you off? UESP calls it giantish. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

form angry, organised warbands?

I cannot recall where it's mentioned, because it might be some MK writings post-Morrowind. But I remember that there was one point in time where the Giants formed a huge warband of five hundred under a powerful chieftain. It might have been one Ysgramor slayed.

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ll sponsor you, outlander, because I know you’re cool. But after you arrive and realize it’s secretly greatest state to live in by far, you must promise not to go telling others. We Missourians have high standards for who we’ll stand for living here.

Just ask the Mormons...

What’s funny is I’m actually considering it, because currently Texas is slowly being turned into New California, and not the cool post nuclear kind.

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw: