Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #32

Fallout Show  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you hope the new Fallout tv show is set?

• The West (NCR, Vegas, etc)
    • The Midwest (Legion lands, Rogue BoS, etc.)
    • The East (Maxson's BoS, the Pitt, etc.)
    • Somewhere completely new

36 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think the idea was for SC being able to recruit Giants, and the Imperials being able to get Orc berserkers (which is not nearly as cool but still badass.) 

One thing I'd have done for the Imperial side is to have Pentus Oculus agents try their damndest to unify giant clans under hostile chieftains in Stormcloak holds. Pull a Saruman and manipulate them into raiding warbands.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

One thing I'd have done for the Imperial side is to have Pentus Oculus agents try their damndest to unify giant clans under hostile chieftains in Stormcloak holds. Pull a Saruman and manipulate them into raiding warbands.

"I give you mammoth Cheese. You smash. You. Smash. Blue. Nords."

*Giant gives confused glare*

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Sadly, there are no proper snow whale mods that I’m aware of. That might honestly be the concept that I’m saddest to have been cut.

That's something I'm hugely disappointed with ever since I found out about them. But I don't think Bethesda ever even intended them to be in Oldrim, since even with the concept art (that would have made Skyrim Morrowind's equal if not superior in quality of cultures/world building depicted) didn't have any concepts of such.

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

There is a mod that adds wooly rhinos like this. I use it, frost giants, and a few others that don’t feel out of place to give Skyrim some more unique wildlife.

Sadly, there are no proper snow whale mods that I’m aware of. That might honestly be the concept that I’m saddest to have been cut.

105944-1608599584-114802338.jpeg

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/105944

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Would that location be the central point of the reemerging Dragon Cult in your rendition?

It would probably have to be. Having their main base emerge right in the middle of the map would probably cause some major problems for the world.

Though if we don’t mind messing with the world too much, I’d like to go the Morrowind route of having an entire region that is extremely dangerous and ruled by the enemy like around Red Mountain. And for that, I’d go with the south central part of the map. A larger, rebuilt Arcwind Point would be the main base, with the region spanning all the way to Helgen (rebuilt and occupied by the Cult, it can be visited under friendly terms until your reputation as Dragonborn grows too great), and including Pale Pass.

This location would allow them to be a problem for both the Stormcloaks, the Imperials, and even Cyrodiil. 

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

But I don't think Bethesda ever even intended them to be in Oldrim, since even with the concept art

Yeah, I meant cut from the lore, not the game itself. ESO pays lip service to the idea that they once existed, but it’s not the same. 

• Sad 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Though if we don’t mind messing with the world too much, I’d like to go the Morrowind route of having an entire region that is extremely dangerous and ruled by the enemy like around Red Mountain. And for that, I’d go with the south central part of the map. A larger, rebuilt Arcwind Point would be the main base, with the region spanning all the way to Helgen (rebuilt and occupied by the Cult, it can be visited under friendly terms until your reputation as Dragonborn grows too great), and including Pale Pass.

In a skewed way, I'd have the Dragon Cult attract a considerable number of (Nord) Clever Men.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

What role would Miraak have in all of it? Imagine a civil war within the cult as Miraak returns into the fold and begins exerting his will.

You know how in New Vegas, the story is all about chasing Benny up to a certain point, then after you confront him, all these new elements start coming into play?

I’d do something kinda like that. The first act of the story would revolve around investigating the return of the dragons with help from the Blades. I wouldn’t even include dragons at this point, or reveal that you are dragonborn. All the enemies at this stage would be cultists. Eventually, we will kill our first dragon and discover our true nature.

It would be somewhere around this point that I’d bring in Potema in the west and Miraak in the east. I’d make it so the two of them each represent a threat to one of the civil war factions. Ulfric and Tullius, being at war with each other and soon the Dragon Cult as well, will be blindsided by this development, as they are now surrounded by enemies.

In order to complete the MQ, you will need the Stormcloaks and Empire to join forces against the Dragon Cult during Season Unending (or for one to defeat the other and aid you with its full undivided strength). But neither faction will be willing or able to do this until their respective dragonborn threats have been dealt with. So you’ll have to defeat Potema to get Tullius to agree, and Miraak to get Ulfric.

The climax will have you going after Alduin in while the civil war factions tackle the dragon cult in Arcwind Point or Pale Pass. The ending will be bittersweet, as you will all be successful, but there will be emphasis put on how joining forces wasn’t enough to reconcile everyone’s differences, and the war will go on.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

In a skewed way, I'd have the Dragon Cult attract a considerable number of (Nord) Clever Men.

Speaking of clever men, I’d tie in the College of Winterhold in as well. 

Instead of just walking through a portal to reach Sovngarde, I’d want to have a quest where we learn the secret method used by clever men of old to go there. The clever man I’d use would be Shalidor. We would start by studying his writings in the College library, which leads to us exploring his old experiment grounds in the Midden, where we find clues pointing to Labrynthian. At the end of his maze, the ghost of Shalidor deems us worthy and appears to us. From him, we learn the secret of going to Sovngarde without dying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Speaking of clever men, I’d tie in the College of Winterhold in as well. 

Instead of just walking through a portal to reach Sovngarde, I’d want to have a quest where we learn the secret method used by clever men of old to go there. The clever man I’d use would be Shalidor. We would start by studying his writings in the College library, which leads us to exploring his old experiment grounds in the Midden, where we find clues pointing to Labrynthian. At the end of his maze, the ghost of Shalidor deems us worthy and appears to us. From him, we learn the secret of going to Sovngarde without dying.

Dammit Doc, where were you during Skyrim's development?!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I like it. Especially the Alduin bit. If they pull this off, it’ll be legendary.

So for a talking point, if y’all were given the freedom to remake Skyrim as you see fit, but without a total overhaul (broad strokes remain, like Alduin’s still the big bad, you’re still a Dragonborn, there’s still a civil war, etc.), what would you change? What would your main priorities be? 

I really don't have an opinion myself. Elder Scrolls is in the rearview mirror for me.

19 minutes ago, Celan said:

Been playing the shit out of CP2077

That’s my goal for this weekend. Schedule’s clear, no work, nobody coming over or wanting to do shit; I’m about to go hard on some Cyberpunk. XD 

19 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s my goal for this weekend. Schedule’s clear, no work, nobody coming over or wanting to do shit; I’m about to go hard on some Cyberpunk. XD 

Good time to play, there just about to release a massive 1.2 patch, which apparently fixes a ton of stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Good time to play, there just about to release a massive 1.2 patch, which apparently fixes a ton of stuff.

I read through the patch notes but I haven’t had any of those problems. Hopefully it won’t break anything for me. XD 

4 minutes ago, Celan said:

I read through the patch notes but I haven’t had any of those problems. Hopefully it won’t break anything for me. XD 

I have only encountered like three bugs that I’ve noticed and none had any effect on the gameplay. Anything in the notes besides bug fixes? I would like it if they added a barber like in Witcher. XD