Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #32

Fallout Show  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you hope the new Fallout tv show is set?

• The West (NCR, Vegas, etc)
    • The Midwest (Legion lands, Rogue BoS, etc.)
    • The East (Maxson's BoS, the Pitt, etc.)
    • Somewhere completely new

@BigBossBalrog I see you already pre-ordered Rome 1 remastered XD

I'm extremely hyped for it (and even more so that if this does well we're absolutely getting a Med2 remaster) and disappointed at the small amount of hate. If I wanted to play a carbon copy with nothing new, I'd play the original. Everything they've shown I'm happy about.

Europa Barbarorum 1 Remastered bro!

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@BigBossBalrog I see you already pre-ordered Rome 1 remastered XD

I'm extremely hyped for it (and even more so that if this does well we're absolutely getting a Med2 remaster) and disappointed at the small amount of hate. If I wanted to play a carbon copy with nothing new, I'd play the original. Everything they've shown I'm happy about.

Europa Barbarorum 1 Remastered bro!

It's the TW historical community what do you expect XD People complain for the sake of complaining. I'm really happy about the ton of new features. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm really happy about the ton of new features. 

They could have just upscaled the textures but nah. No more clone armies, no more pajama warriors, completely remade campaign map, quality of life improvements for UI and camera.

"Wah Wah Wah it's different from the original Wah Wah Wah"

40 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

They could have just upscaled the textures but nah. No more clone armies, no more pajama warriors, completely remade campaign map, quality of life improvements for UI and camera.

"Wah Wah Wah it's different from the original Wah Wah Wah"

Apparently they added Merchants from Med 2, new agent actions for Spies, new diplomacy options (alongside an AI overhaul for them), and a ton of smaller tweaks (like Mercenary replenishment and smarter AI auto-resolve). And a full rebalance for the battlefield, with dozens of new units for the new factions (and for the old, Carthage finally has archers). And then of course the 16 new factions. And that's not even getting to the visuals. 

Apparently they added Merchants from Med 2, new agent actions for Spies, new diplomacy options (alongside an AI overhaul for them), and a ton of smaller tweaks (like Mercenary replenishment and smarter AI auto-resolve). And a full rebalance for the battlefield, with dozens of new units for the new factions (and for the old, Carthage finally has archers). And then of course the 16 new factions. And that's not even getting to the visuals. 

As much as I'm excited to play a hugely improved vanilla Rome 1, I'm most excited about how the modding scene is going to look a year or two down the line.

This is actually kinda interesting, though i'm worried after the frontier hyped me. 

It's melding the Dragonborn and Skyrim MQ together and Miraak's going to be a major character, which is interesting. There's going to bee dozens of hours of standalone stuff, and the stuff in the vanilla MC is drastically altered. It's been in development for six years. 

Some of the character sheets. 

EC_CharacterFeature2.png?width=406&heigh

EC_CharacterFeature5.png?width=406&heigh

EC_CharacterFeatureMark3.png?width=406&h

Apparently there going to be releasing a five hour long overhaul of Boethia's Daedric Quest next week to show off the enhanced questing, writing and choice mechanics as a demo. Which is a really cool idea to show your big project off. 

• Like 1

So basically a Skyrim 'Snyder Cut' made by modders. XD Hell, I’ll give it a shot. The cut storylines alone should already give them a lot to work with.

Hopefully we finally get the version where Balgruuf and Elisif get their proper deaths.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

So basically a Skyrim 'Snyder Cut' made by modders. XD Hell, I’ll give it a shot. The cut storylines alone should already give them a lot to work with.

Hopefully we finally get the version where Balgruuf and Elisif get their proper deaths.

Maybe they'll give Alduin personality XD

From what i've seen of Miraak (I think they got his OG actor to reprise his role) they turned him into some sinister taoist monk-cult leader, which is pretty awesome XD

I think they got his OG actor to reprise his role

I love when modders get the original voice actors to participate in the work. Reminds me when Frank Klepacki, the OG composer for the old Command and Conquer games, made some songs for the Twisted Insurrection stand alone.

Decent villains are what Skyrim desperately needs. Increasing Miraak’s role and integrating it with the main story would help a lot. So would improving Alduin and the Dragon Cult. 

It also looks like they’re upping the Thalmor and Blades’ roles as well. Sounds good all around.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I love when modders get the original voice actors to participate in the work. Reminds me when Frank Klepacki, the OG composer for the old Command and Conquer games, made some songs for the Twisted Insurrection stand alone.

There was a cool Fallout 3 mod that made Syndey (a one shot side quest character that had more companion chemistry then most of the cast) a full on companion, and the modder contacted her VA and got her to record a thousand new lines. It is really cool. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

There was a cool Fallout 3 mod that made Syndey (a one shot side quest character that had more companion chemistry then most of the cast) a full on companion, and the modder contacted her VA and got her to record a thousand new lines. It is really cool. 

Sydney was my favorite character in the base game. I need this mod. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Decent villains are what Skyrim desperately needs. Increasing Miraak’s role and integrating it with the main story would help a lot. So would improving Alduin and the Dragon Cult. 

It also looks like they’re upping the Thalmor and Blades’ roles as well. Sounds good all around.

Yeah, I think each faction got a handful of important NPC's, including a Thalmor hunter that hunts you throughout the MC. Making the Thalmor a full on antagonist is a pretty cool decision. 

EC_CharacterFeatureMira.png?width=406&he

One of the examples they gave of integration and expansion is you need to work with the Penitus Oculatus to get access to the Thalmor Embassy; and it has a bunch of unique "clenched teamwork" interactions if your character is a Stormcloak.

Some more ones; Miraak and Alduin have unique lieutenants that have mini arcs. 

EC_CharacterFeatureSols3.png?width=406&h

EC_CharacterFeatureSols1b.png?width=406&