Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #32

Fallout Show  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you hope the new Fallout tv show is set?

• The West (NCR, Vegas, etc)
    • The Midwest (Legion lands, Rogue BoS, etc.)
    • The East (Maxson's BoS, the Pitt, etc.)
    • Somewhere completely new

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Huh. Welp, I said if give the game a chance if they did this one thing. I didn’t think they actually would. :rofl: 

Still, I’m happy to see the Pitt’s existence actually getting acknowledged again finally. It’s my favorite Fallout thing Beth has made, so here’s hoping they do it justice.

Right on! I sure wasn’t expecting this. 

If I recall, apparently Ashur's slice was apparently a decent place to live by the standards of the rest of Pittsburg, so I'm actually excited to see what kind of hellhole the rest of the place is XD From what I say, 76's Wasteland and Brotherhood expansions really helped transform the game for the better, but it was akwardly put because of how weird the new stuff clashed with the old game.

I'm actually semi-excited for this cause this is going to be an entirley new area designed with all the lessons they learned from the last two years built from the ground up. Don't fuck this up Bethesda.

Oh and there introdcing a new Brotherhood Civil War questline. 

34 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

If I recall, apparently Ashur's slice was apparently a decent place to live by the standards of the rest of Pittsburg, so I'm actually excited to see what kind of hellhole the rest of the place is XD

And in this context, "decent" just means "barely survivable". XD From the teaser it appears that this might be the Pitt’s origin story, so maybe it’s not as bad yet as it will become by 2277. It still looks like a damn warzone, but the skies aren’t as orange and there are people still living there.

34 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh and there introdcing a new Brotherhood Civil War questline. 

Less excited for this. I just have such a hard time accepting the BoS being there at all. Probably my biggest gripe with the whole game writing-wise, and they’ve doubled down on it.

Still, 76 is free with gamepass and the Pitt is something I’ve wanted more of for over ten years, so I’ll give it this chance.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

This is a really good trailer. Tbh, the upbeat, happy-go-lucky marketing for Fallout 76 was a big part of why I had no interest in it. Felt like they were turning one of the darkest RPGs out there into fun quirky adventure world.

If this is tone they’re going with for The Pitt, then I’ll consider that a massive step back in the right direction for Fallout. I love how there’s no music, just the sounds of chaos and death all around you. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

48 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I wonder whose there, those don't look like Brotherhood grunts. Maybe we'll finally see proper U.S army remnants XD

I was wondering the same thing. And I’m glad to see it. At this point the BoS could be absent from the next full game and I wouldn’t shed a tear. They’re cool, but so overdone.  

I'm fond of the Brotherhood of Steel too (One of the reasons why i'm not a big House perosn is his stance towards them) I just think they were potrayed very badly in Fallout 3, Bethesda dosen't really know what to do with them, and there focus is misplaced. I really like the Midwest Chapter and the Brotherhood Outcasts from 3. 

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

Having them in the Pitt would suck, but the way they were implemented in seventy dicks wasn’t bad

I hated it. Not their behavior, but their existence in Appalachia to begin with. The whole satellite thing was contrived as hell and nobody’s gonna convince me that the BoS in Lost Hills were willing or able to to send a detachment all the way to West Virginia twenty five years after the bombs fell. 

In that regard, I think Fallout 3 actually did better. Lyons got sent before the NCR war while they were in their prime, and had like three different objectives either on the way or in the area. His crew were still lame because they went soft, but at least the writing was consistent. Still, I’m glad Maxson brought them back a few notches, even if I do think he’s a liar.

13 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I hated it. Not their behavior, but their existence in Appalachia to begin with. The whole satellite thing was contrived as hell and nobody’s gonna convince me that the BoS in Lost Hills were willing or able to to send a detachment all the way to West Virginia twenty five years after the bombs fell. 

In that regard, I think Fallout 3 actually did better. Lyons got sent before the NCR war while they were in their prime, and had like three different objectives either on the way or in the area. His crew were still lame because they went soft, but at least the writing was consistent. Still, I’m glad Maxson brought them back a few notches, even if I do think he’s a liar.

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong I think it’s stupid as hell, but at least they made it some what make sense instead of just being like “yep bos is here, no reason or anything, they just are” but I also don’t consider seventy dicks canon at all.

Fuck:dntknw:

9 hours ago, Centurion said:

but at least they made it some what make sense instead of just being like “yep bos is here, no reason or anything, they just are”

I suppose it could always be worse. XD 

I just really hope The Pitt is good.