Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #32

Fallout Show  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you hope the new Fallout tv show is set?

• The West (NCR, Vegas, etc)
    • The Midwest (Legion lands, Rogue BoS, etc.)
    • The East (Maxson's BoS, the Pitt, etc.)
    • Somewhere completely new

4 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Texas. Lone Star state!

Lot of potential in that. New factions, plus close enough to old ones that it's not completely unfamiliar.

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

RONTO RONTO RONTO! 

I'd prefer a game in Ronto.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

The setting is still familiar cause it's North America; but the distinctive Canadian culture would make it really fresh; you could have a Raider group themed after a hocket team, some kind of powerful city-state that operates on the Great Lakes, with canoes and some kind of Native-American themed elite military unit. And we could get exposition on how the U.S-Canadian occupation went, with maybe some ghoul survivors from the U.S occupation force or the remnants of the Canadian army.  Give it a heavy winterized theme with snow, blizzards, and all the familiar landmarks, and you have a distinctive, but still fitting setting. 

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The setting is still familiar cause it's North America; but the distinctive Canadian culture would make it really fresh; you could have a Raider group themed after a hocket team, some kind of powerful city-state that operates on the Great Lakes, with canoes and some kind of Native-American themed elite military unit. And we could get exposition on how the U.S-Canadian occupation went, with maybe some ghoul survivors from the U.S occupation force or the remnants of the Canadian army.  Give it a heavy winterized theme with snow, blizzards, and all the familiar landmarks, and you have a distinctive, but still fitting setting. 

I want a more Canadian NCR-like nation around the Great Lakes that became dominant through its navy. Especially with the rumors that Bethesda is working on making vehicles and ships usable in their engine.

For TV though, I’d like to see the NCR again. It’s familiar and marketable, and cleaned up enough that they wouldn’t have to spend all their money making it look like a wasteland. And it’s already mostly desert so they’ve got their wasteland when they want it.

Plus we could get some nice followup to New Vegas. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

7 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Some screenshots from Frontier that I’ve seen in various fallout groups talking shit on the mod

Some sex and dirty jokes are funny and Fallout has loads of them, but my gosh these guys just don’t stop do they? 

We all know where degenerates like them belong. :cross:

I’d like Texas cause you could put it in the middle of the central Texas triangle (Austin, San Antonio, and Houston. With the new technology) and get a mix between the Mojave esqe vibe in the west and the eastern forests. It’s be far enough away from legion lands that legion wouldn’t play a big role but there’d be talk of some giant tribal slave army and speculation on way they haven’t invaded yet (distracted by the NCR) then of course you’d have new factions. Cool raiders that are themed like old west outlaws. Texas rangers, some kind of Texas Republic, or maybe a fascist or communist new Texas government that you are fighting against etc.

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

I’d like Texas cause you could put it in the middle of the central Texas triangle (Austin, San Antonio, and Houston. With the new technology) and get a mix between the Mojave esqe vibe in the west and the eastern forests. It’s be far enough away from legion lands that legion wouldn’t play a big role but there’d be talk of some giant tribal slave army and speculation on way they haven’t invaded yet (distracted by the NCR) then of course you’d have new factions. Cool raiders that are themed like old west outlaws. Texas rangers, some kind of Texas Republic, or maybe a fascist or communist new Texas government that you are fighting against etc.

I wish @BTC was still around. He’d have a lot to say on that. :lol: 

• Sad 2

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I kind of hope this situation raises awareness on the sick stuff modders put into games if they have the chance to do so. 

I just hope it makes people look into who they are bringing in and to actually make quality shit instead of a CoD: Fallout with 13 year old maturity levels in their design.

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

I might replay Bruma soon. I remember there was a Thalmor character who was better than any Thalmor in actual Skyrim. XD And he was funny as hell, talked mad shit. Might’ve been my favorite character in the whole thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I might replay Bruma soon. I remember there was a Thalmor character who was better than any Thalmor in actual Skyrim. XD And he was funny as hell. Might’ve been my favorite character in the whole thing. 

I still vividly remember the Cloud Ruler temple shit :( The last stand of the Ghost Blades. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I still vividly remember the Cloud Ruler temple shit :( The last stand of the Ghost Blades. 

I remember there were Nordic citizens in County Bruma who sympathized with what the Stormcloaks were doing and wanted Bruma to follow in suit. And the quest to deal with them was like a NV quest where you had lots of options and they all had branching consequences. 

Like I said, that mod should not have been so good.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The Beyond Skyrim is very impressive in general.

The worst thing about it is that they come up with all these awesome concepts that feel right at home in the world, then the actual creators make something set in the same place and it’s just disappointing by comparison. 

• Haha 1