• Sansa rules alone
    • Tyrion + Sansa
    • Gendry rules alone
    • Arya rules alone
    • Gendry + Arya
    • The Night King
    • Other- specify below

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, same here. All these characters in a castle, thinking it’s their last day to live, half of them with the hots for someone else who’s there, and the one sex scene is dedicated to Arya?! 

No. No no no no. No!

Shoulda been Tormund and Brienne. 

I was happy with it :rofl: Tormund will get his mountain tab after they win

Fuck:dntknw:

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

It brought him down. Imagine what three more could do if they took aim while he was grounded.

No need for new characters. Meera and Howland are established, so it could just be them and a bunch of nameless Crannogmen. I wanna see some swamp people.

Which is bullshit. Granted these dragons are still young, but the Targaryens fought through arrows and scorpions before and obviously it's not that easy- the show acted like this was some novel thing.

Howland only appeared briefly in a cameo and as a young man, he would need a new actor. Not that I wouldn't like to see it.

And yes, the ice spear thing was bullshit, too.

2 hours ago, Centurion said:

I was happy with it :rofl: Tormund will get his mountain tab after they win

Shit if anyone gets it I think it’s gonna be Jaime... assuming he doesn’t die, which I’m pretty sure he will.

Tormund was too thirsty lol.

Literally.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

14 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Didn't the Dornish bring down dragons with similar weapons when the Targaryens tried to conquer them?

Not that I'm aware. They just went into the desert. 

Jaime has to live to kill Cersei.

I think he would do it.

Though I also don’t think the child is even still alive. She refused to drink at the end of the last season because of the baby, and in this one we see her drinking again, and she seemed to tear up a bit while she did. The woods witch did tell her that they would only have three.

• Like 1

I think saying anyone has to interact with anyone is part of what is killing the show's writing. Part of what made the series great is that they would spend a lot of time following a guy trying avenge his father and see how he falls in love only for him and his love to die suddenly at a wedding. I already suspect the journey beyond the Wall and the truce meeting was just an excuse to get people to meet. And both episodes were horrible. 

Edited by Witchking of Angmar
  • Like 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

3 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I think saying anyone has to interact with anyone is part of what is killing the show's writing. Part of what made the series great is that they would spend a lot of time following a guy trying avenge his father and see how he falls in love only for him and his love to die suddenly at a wedding. I already suspect the journey beyond the Wall and the truce meeting was just an excuse to get people to meet. And both episodes were horrible. 

I think you just have wayy too high standards. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think you just have wayy too high standards. 

Well those standards were set by how good the early seasons were. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the showrunners to uphold some of the quality and qualities of the early seasons. 

I don’t think so. It’s  a pretty wide consensus that plot armor and the idiot ball were employed a lot last season, and that the show has lost its edge a bit. I know some people that watched the show casually that learned the term plot armor because the show employed it so regularly. I don’t think it’s the worst written show around, but it’s certainly declined as it’s gone on. 

• Like 2

I don’t think Jaime has to kill Cersie, but I think he will in the books because of the valonqar prophesy. If not him, then maybe Tyrion or Euron. It’s gotta be a younger brother. Though to me Tyrion would be too obvious since that’s who she suspects anyway.

Not sure about the show, though. They left out the part concerning her death, so it’s completely up in air.

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Misinterpreted your comment. (Saw it was a reference to the last season which was pretty bad) But I still think your being too critical. 

Though I think without critique we'd end up with idiot plots focused more on weak pandering and spectacle than stories with actual substance and cohesion. 

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Though I think without critique we'd end up with idiot plots focused more on weak pandering and spectacle than stories with actual substance and cohesion. 

I’m afraid we often get that with critique as well. Thrones has always been popular, but by and large people stopped sucking the writers’ dicks after season 4 when GRRM left the staff.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m afraid we often get that with critique as well. Thrones has always been popular, but by and large people stopped sucking the writers’ dicks after season 4 when GRRM left the staff.

Unfortunately true. But critique is the only tool we got to get the writers to improve. If nothing else it may hopefully get some writer on some other media to pay attention and look over his or her own writing.