• Tyrion rules alone
    • Sansa rules alone
    • Tyrion + Sansa
    • Gendry rules alone
    • Arya rules alone
    • Gendry + Arya
    • The Night King
    • Other- specify below

I don’t know about the book version, but I really doubt after his current arc that he’s going to kill a woman that he’s been banging for so long, and is his sister  unless you’re right and she’s not actually pregnant. But then, if the baby is dead, then ya boy greyjoi finna put another one right back in her LOL.

Then, maybe he will kill er lol

Edited by ColonelKillaBee
Siri

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

The fact that he spent so long banging her is why I think Jaime would. He has justified committing or overlooking so much evil because he loved Cersie, and it made him basically hate who he was. Now that he has finally turned his back on her after so many years, I think he’d be able to do it if it meant saving lots of people, just like with the Mad King.

I dont think he’d kill her in anger or jealously though, like because she slept with Euron or something. It would be for a more noble reason.

I don't think Jaime will kill Cersei. Mostly because it would mean he manages to survive the White Walkers, then be in shape to march south, go through another war against his own sister and bring himself to deliver the killing blow. I think it would make much more sense if Euron kills Cersei once it's clear she will lose to Dany. In that he does it in a bid to if not get Dany to give him a reward then at least spare him. 

• Like 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

The fact that he spent so long banging her is why I think Jaime would. He has justified committing or overlooking so much evil because he loved Cersie, and it made him basically hate who he was. Now that he has finally turned his back on her after so many years, I think he’d be able to do it if it meant saving lots of people, just like with the Mad King.

I dont think he’d kill her in anger or jealously though, like because she slept with Euron or something. It would be for a more noble reason.

Wait until he finds out she is banging Euron first before you say that. XD he may be turning over a new leaf but he’s still a sister fucker at heart.

And I also don’t like the idea of him killing her as though he were the innocent party in all this. Like Tyrion said, he knew what she was, and he was almost as bad as her. Him killing her at all for me feels hypocritical.

14 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And I also don’t like the idea of him killing her as though he were the innocent party in all this. Like Tyrion said, he knew what she was, and he was almost as bad as her. Him killing her at all for me feels hypocritical.

What gave you the impression that anyone had that idea? I made it pretty clear that I think Jaime hated himself for his involvement in it all. He hasn’t washed his hands of his sins. He acknowledges them and is simply trying to do better now with what time he’s got left. If the people at Winterfell had decided to kill him, he’d have most likely accepted it, or else he wouldn’t have gone to them at all.

It would be hypocritical for him to kill his sister because she’s an awful person. It would not be hypocritical for him to kill her in order to save many others. In fact, it would be in keeping with his original vows to defend the innocent and would be very consistent with what we know about him.

53 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

What gave you the impression that anyone had that idea? I made it pretty clear that I think Jaime hated himself for his involvement in it all. He hasn’t washed his hands of his sins. He acknowledges them and is simply trying to do better now with what time he’s got left. If the people at Winterfell had decided to kill him, he’d have most likely accepted it, or else he wouldn’t have gone to them at all.

It would be hypocritical for him to kill his sister because she’s an awful person. It would not be hypocritical for him to kill her in order to save many others. In fact, it would be in keeping with his original vows to defend the innocent and would be very consistent with what we know about him.

The internet.

Jaime is the number one person people wish to kill Cersei and that’s typically the reason why.

Never said you or anyone here did, but that’s personally why I hate the idea. I don’t think he deserves it, or deserves to feel at all vindicated, which regardless of what he says about it, very well may.

I do not believe anyone just up and changes completely and don’t think he’s above some hypocrisy right now.

Plus, I think it’s gonna take a helluva lot more to get him to kill his sister than that. For one, it ain’t the first time she’s caused the deaths of so many. He’s a bit late.

To further clarify, those feelings are what I imagine Jaime would feel. Like I said, I do not think him so noble to kill his own flesh and blood just for the sake of others. Even the idea of him doing it to do some good before he dies suggests seeking vindication and redemption on some level, which is still kinda selfish albeit on a small level and to me hypocritical.

Those two were thick as thieves for the longest time. He doesn’t deserve to kill her in my eyes.

That doesn’t mean he wouldn’t tho but it wouldn’t redeem him for me.

53 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Plus, I think it’s gonna take a helluva lot more to get him to kill his sister than that. For one, it ain’t the first time she’s caused the deaths of so many. He’s a bit late.

Sure, he’s late. But that’s his arc. At the beginning he was so blindly whipped that he would murder anyone at her beck and call.

As the story progresses, we learn that there was a time when he wasn’t like that and when he had a very idealistic worldview that got shattered during his service to Aerys. He becomes jaded and dismissed the concepts of honor or decency. Then he meets Brienne and she proves that there are people who meet the standards he once held knights to. 

From there we see him struggle for a while between his love for Cersie that’s basically hardwired into his brain after decades with her, and the idea of being good. When Cersie does horrible shit now, he is disgusted by it, while a few years ago he would’ve helped. I don’t remember if the show specifies this, but in the books she even makes it explicit that this is why she sends him away, because he’s changed and she doesn’t want him questioning her.

Eventually it reaches a breaking point and he leaves her on threat of death from both her and the people he’s running off to join. So yeah, he’s crazy late, but he’s not the same man he was in season 1 or even season 4. He’s had a very gradual development. It’s not like he’s just gonna wake up one morning like “I suddenly am willing to kill Cersie now!” But shedding his blind loyalty to her in exchange for upholding his original knightly principle to defend the innocent is his entire arc. Killing her to save lots of innocents would be a very logical conclusion to it.

• Like 1

I just don’t see that happening in the next three episodes we have left, assuming he survives anyway.

A character arc it may be but not a very realistic one for me if that’s where it ends. 

Him simply leaving Cersei and aiding her enemies is a big enough climax to that arc for him while remaining believable. I guess I just never bought that he was ever that noble. 

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Him simply leaving Cersei and aiding her enemies is a big enough climax to that arc for him while remaining believable. I guess I just never bought that he was ever that noble. 

Sure, I’d be satisfied with that too. If Jaime dies next weekend, it’ll feel like he did the best he could with the time he had after finally ditching his sister. But if he survives, I’ll put good odds on her death being the conclusion to his story.

HBO released this on the official YouTube channel. The song is Jenny of Oldstones, the one Pod sang during the episode and was played during the credits.

Which reminds me, @Celan I totally forgot to respond to your question the other day about theories for why that song was chosen.

I subscribe to the theory that it is Rhaegar’s song, which makes it relevant in Jon and Dany’s stories.

But keeping theories out of it, the song is about Jenny and the ghosts left behind by the Tragedy at Summerhall, where she died alongside pretty much all the best people of her time. And in particular, Ser Duncan the Tall, who is Brienne’s ancestor and the Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. That makes it impactful considering Pod sang it in the same scene that Brienne finally got knighted and given the same title as Dunk. Knight of the Seven Kingdoms is also the title of the episode.

Lots of current themes and characters can be tied together through Summerhall. Jon, Dany, Rhaegar, prophesy. Brienne, Jaime, Dunk, knighthood. The Ghosts of Summerhall and Winterfell. Lots of heroes we’ve followed for entire series being lost in one place (Dunk and Egg at Summerhall, everyone who is about to die in Winterfell). 

They couldn’t have picked a better song. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Been thinking on Sam and I think the reason he could be so pissed even though his dad is a prick is that he wanted to one day prove his father wrong about him, show him what’s what, and now he’ll never have the chance.

Like I said I believe he was more pissed that Danny killed his brother rather then his father.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Like I said I believe he was more pissed that Danny killed his brother rather then his father.

That’s a given but he is still upset over his pops, for whatever reason.

I honestly don’t remember much about his relationship with his bro

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That’s a given but he is still upset over his pops, for whatever reason.

I honestly don’t remember much about his relationship with his bro

In the book Sam doesn't like him, but Dickon was portrayed as being much more nice in general in the show (though to be fair the only role I think he has in the book is when Sam sees him making fun of him on the wall with the other bullies of his life) , so I think they were on relatively decent terms.