Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #32

Fallout Show  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you hope the new Fallout tv show is set?

• The West (NCR, Vegas, etc)
    • The Midwest (Legion lands, Rogue BoS, etc.)
    • The East (Maxson's BoS, the Pitt, etc.)
    • Somewhere completely new

thinking about doing a stormcloak cosplay the next time we go to a convention. I’m gonna order a chain mail shirt and my wife is gonna sew a gambeson and the sash for it. Who knows when the next con will be but hopefully I’ll have the armor done sometime this year

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

7 minutes ago, Centurion said:

thinking about doing a stormcloak cosplay the next time we go to a convention. I’m gonna order a chain mail shirt and my wife is gonna sew a gambeson and the sash for it. Who knows when the next con will be but hopefully I’ll have the armor done sometime this year

That would be badass. :bear: I bet you'll get some SC fans coming up to you. I know I would if I was at a thing like that.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

6 hours ago, Centurion said:

Or I’ll get screeched at incessantly by idiot about how I’m racist lol

Most people are a lot bolder on the internet than in person. Even if someone makes that leap, I doubt they’d have the balls to come at you.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

46 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Most people are a lot bolder on the internet than in person. Even if someone makes that leap, I doubt they’d have the balls to come at you.

Probably, cause I’m apparently “scary” being 6’ 215lbs with tattoos, or so I’ve been told

edit: even if I have the social anxiety of a 13 year old girl :rofl: but hey if people wanna be scared based on my looks than I ain’t complaining.

Edited by Centurion
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog What was that about Dishonored?

Oh I heard it got cancelled so I deleted the post but it was just a false alarm.

Dishonored's getting a Tabletop RPG based on the DnD rulebook, by the people who did the TES wargame, I was just mentioning it's funny cause we talked about maybe a Dishonored RP a couple years back, and concluded it'd be hard cause Dishonored isn't an RPG mechanics XD So I find it funny.

Looks fun, might run it with my DnD group. 

https://www.modiphius.com/dishonored.html

Apparently they colabed with the Dishonored writing team, and it's going to show off alot of the Empire we haven't seen before like the frozen north. 

dishonored-tabletop-rpg-cover_1_orig.jpg

• Like 1

I really like the sound of this. One thing that I think is great is making it so that defeating Miraak is a requirement for learning Dragonrend. Probably means the knowledge will come from Apocrypha. That neatly ties together the Herma Mora stuff from the base game and DLC, as well as the power/corruption themes that are present in both.

Plus, it’s way better than the Elder Scroll randomly having whatever power the plot needs it to and just showing us everything we need. I miss Elder Scrolls just being these mysterious artifacts of prophesy. 

6 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Are they changing up the civil war or the factions at all

On there discord they said there will be additional characters and massively expanded vanilla ones from each faction in the MQ (Balgruaf for example, is going to have his own arc with the restore subplot about his children trying to kill him, or getting Tullius and Ulfric to work together to face Alduin and the Dragon Cult), but I don't know if the faction's questlines are getting the treatment.

With how much work's been put into the MQ, it hard to imagine they'd do the same for the faction side quests. That would probally need an entire new mod. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Though i'm very skepeitcal in regards to the additional stuff related to Ulfric and Tullius; there actors are pretty high tier (Michael Hogan and Vladimir Kulich). So they'll probably get new ones, and they'll lose alot of gravitas.  

Those two talk a lot. There might be enough dialogue to work with that they can just reuse what’s in the game under different context. I hope so, at least. Both actors are great. 

And to bring up an old conversation because I went back and read the character cards, if I could change anything about Skyrim I would make it to wear the Nords actually called the gods by the right names I.e. Kyne, Shor, junhal, etc. and I’d make the civil war bigger. I’m talking fort battles and city battles for each hold, the ability to lose battles, a non stagnant campaign (example would be you are going to take morthal and all the sudden you lose riften.)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Nords actually called the gods by the right names I.e. Kyne, Shor, junhal, etc

It hurts me how easy this would’ve been. Like, ideally they would’ve had their own unique and fleshed out religion, but even by the laziest Bethesda standards imaginable, there still would’ve been no difficulty at all in just writing 'Kyne' everywhere they wrote 'Kynareth', 'Stuhn' instead of 'Stendarr', etc. That alone would’ve been a big improvement.

The freaking Greybeards call her Kynareth. :stare:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

It hurts me how easy this would’ve been. Like, ideally they would’ve had their own unique and fleshed out religion, but even by the laziest Bethesda standards imaginable, there still would’ve been no difficulty at all in just writing 'Kyne' everywhere they wrote 'Kynareth', 'Stuhn' instead of 'Stendarr', etc. That alone would’ve been a big improvement.

The freaking Greybeards call her Kynareth. :stare:

Especially because they say ducking Kyne is the dragon speech the do when they name you Dragonborn. It’s annoying