Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

1 minute ago, Celan said:

Merrill is a freak.

I like freaks ;) That was my girl lol. As for the walking animations for the females I didn't notice at the time tbh.

@Celan on the dlc, I don't know what the last year's sale was but it was pretty low, got it then. All I wanted was a decent sale, didn't expect them to just give it away. Mass Effect trilogy was a classic so the 15 or whatever it was last year for me was worth it. I'll stand by them on the trilogy, even with that shitty ass ending.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I like freaks ;) That was my girl lol. As for the walking animations for the females I didn't notice at the time tbh.

@Celan on the dlc, I don't know what the last year's sale was but it was pretty low, got it then. All I wanted was a decent sale, didn't expect them to just give it away. Mass Effect trilogy was a classic so the 15 or whatever it was last year for me was worth it. I'll stand by them on the trilogy, even with that shitty ass ending.

They should include the DLC with the trilogy price. Since I'm only buying it again because they broke my games, I'm not willing to pay a decent price, they can fuck off.

• Like 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Shoulda used their 1st string.

It was a completely new untested dev team, and they gave them the sequel to one of the most beloved trilogies of all time. It was asking for a disaster. But I think it was EA decision, not Bioware's. I feel bad, cause the bureaucracy is really fucking Bioware over. I'm praying there able to pull off a hail Mary with this.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It was a completely new untested dev team, and they gave them the sequel to one of the most beloved trilogies of all time. It was asking for a disaster. But I think it was EA decision, not Bioware's. I feel bad, cause the bureaucracy is really fucking Bioware over. I'm praying there able to pull off a hail Mary with this.

All their 2nd string did really was continue along the path they set. Even without the bugs and glitches that game is still ass for completely different reasons that go beyond technical.

The A team also produced Dragon Age 2 so I won't give them a pass.

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Merril wanted to do right by her people. She did nothing wrong. Demons and Blood Magic are the ways to enlightenment. 

I can sympathize with her about the eluvian, especially now that we know they really were important. At the time I hated her for that because I was really gutted by what happened to Mahariel and Tamlen and I thought she should have known better.

Mainly I dislike her because the whole "little girl in a woman's body" trope makes my skin crawl. They make Dalish elves into naive idiots.

4 minutes ago, Celan said:

I can sympathize with her about the eluvian, especially now that we know they really were important. At the time I hated her for that because I was really gutted by what happened to Mahariel and Tamlen and I thought she should have known better.

Mainly I dislike her because the whole "little girl in a woman's body" trope makes my skin crawl. They make Dalish elves into naive idiots.

She probably was basically a girl, she's probably pretty young. 18-22. Besides, I think people are exaggerating, she's naive to human cities and culture but she's not this helpless annoying little girl like in Balrog's dumb manga books, she's just ignorant to social cues. 

It's the same girl that became a blood mage and started researching Eluvian on her own.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

All their 2nd string did really was continue along the path they set. Even without the bugs and glitches that game is still ass for completely different reasons that go beyond technical.

The A team also produced Dragon Age 2 so I won't give them a pass.

The A team literally had a year and a half  to male Dragon Age 2 XD It had one of the shortest dev cycles for an AAA game ever. They weren't even given time to make the proper amount of dungeons, that's why they reused so many.  They we're fucked over, once again, by EA. 

5 minutes ago, Celan said:

They always we're fucking idiots. "Oh look at that Shemlan over there, you see he's walking. I don't like him!" or "Our culture is better then yours" 

I'll take Merril's naive innocence over the absolutely unbearable elitism from the Dalish in 1 any day. 

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Yeah but I ain't going to get on Bioware's case too much when it's clear EA sabotaged development. 

They created this SJW cesspool that also fucked Andromeda so They're getting at least half the blame from me.

I will say though as much as I disliked 2, it was way better than Andromeda with not near as much the development time.

But that ain't sayin much.

19 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

She probably was basically a girl, she's probably pretty young. 18-22. Besides, I think people are exaggerating, she's naive to human cities and culture but she's not this helpless annoying little girl like in Balrog's dumb manga books, she's just ignorant to social cues. 

It's the same girl that became a blood mage and started researching Eluvian on her own.

She thought a mugger just wanted to welcome her. I'm sorry, that's just grade A stupid, not cute. Everyone but the simplest moron has a self preservation instinct. Someone who had lived running from humans would be even more wary.

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The A team literally had a year and a half  to male Dragon Age 2 XD It had one of the shortest dev cycles for an AAA game ever. They weren't even given time to make the proper amount of dungeons, that's why they reused so many.  They we're fucked over, once again, by EA. 

They always we're fucking idiots. "Oh look at that Shemlan over there, you see he's walking. I don't like him!" or "Our culture is better then yours" 

I'll take Merril's naive innocence over the absolutely unbearable elitism from the Dalish in 1 any day. 

They were hostile, but very few were elitist- just the storyteller really. They have very good reason to be hostile.

As for "they only had a year and a half," no excuse. They set themselves that deadline and tried to re-invent the wheel, then lied to us about it, charged full price and blamed us for not liking it.

Now thanks largely to reddit, I think, there's this whole annoying contingent of people who insist it's some kind of masterpiece.

17 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Also, she's not a disgusting disease ridden whore like Isabella so that's a plus lol.

Well there is that. XD 

5 minutes ago, Celan said:

She thought a mugger just wanted to welcome her. I'm sorry, that's just grade A stupid, not cute. Everyone but the simplest moron has a self preservation instinct. Someone who had lived running from humans would be even more wary.

I really doubt that was serious lol...

Besides, if she can avoid demonic possession while using blood magic, I think she's gonna be fine with muggers.

@CelanWhat you're encountering here with Merrill is Bioware's attempt at humor, which is if I recall, Canadian inspired. It's supposed to be Monty Python esque, which is British of course and you know Canadians love the British.

I don't take most of their runaround dialogue seriously for that reason. Merrill's naive but no way is she that naive.

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I really doubt that was serious lol...

Besides, if she can avoid demonic possession while using blood magic, I think she's gonna be fine with muggers.

@CelanWhat you're encountering here with Merrill is Bioware's attempt at humor, which is if I recall, Canadian inspired. It's supposed to be Monty Python esque, which is British of course and you know Canadians love the British.

I don't take most of their runaround dialogue seriously for that reason. Merrill's naive but no way is she that naive.

If you say so. 

To be fair, the male romance choices weren't exactly prizes, either.

1 hour ago, Celan said:

Well, I didn't much like the resolution in Trespasser. We'll see how they handle it in the new game. I imagine the Inquisitor could make a cameo appearance like Hawke did in Inquisition.

Based on the end of Trespasser, it looks like the Inquisitor almost has to play a role in the next game. The ending video you sent basically had them look at the camera and go “see ya in Dragon Age 4, bitch!”

They weren't originally going to do a Solas-Lavellan romance in DAI- that was Weekes' idea after he thought it would make Solas' character more relatable. If not for that, the only options we would have had would've been Cullen, Iron Bull and Sera. Yeesh.

Oh, and Blackwall, which I also didn't like.