Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

49 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I have no idea to be honest, the game lore was very different back then. Collins probably knows more about it than I do.

I’ve never come across anything about the Amulet of Kings in the Daggerfall lore. And looking at the Amulet of Kings page on UESP it looks like all of the references are from Morrowind onward. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, BTC said:

I’ve never come across anything about the Amulet of Kings in the Daggerfall lore. And looking at the Amulet of Kings page on UESP it looks like all of the references are from Morrowind onward. 

That’s what I thought too. You can see a lot how Morrowind was where they really started setting things up for future games.

We also had Talos forshadowing the fall of the Empire and a minor character who seemed crazy at the time going on about how the gates of Oblivion would soon open and daedra would invade Tamriel. 

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s what I thought too. You can see a lot how Morrowind was where they really started setting things up for future games.

We also had Talos forshadowing the fall of the Empire and a minor character who seemed crazy at the time going on about how the gates of Oblivion would soon open and daedra would invade Tamriel. 

Almalexia also prophesied the Oblivion Crisis. 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I preferred Skyrim, myself. It felt more like a real world where things were actually happening. Oblivion was set during a demon invasion and people barely even acknowledged it. 

I don't think Skyrim had a quest we're you lead an Ogre rebellion or summoned a plague of cheese XD It was way more wacky, which I loved.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I don't think Skyrim had a quest we're you lead an Ogre rebellion or summoned a plague of cheese XD It was way more wacky, which I loved.

Those were both Daedric quests, and the Daedric quests in Skyrim were equally good. Oblivion never had us enter the mind of an insane dead emperor to conquer his demons and cure his insanity.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

We agreed in the past that Oblivion had the better quests for the most part, but the overall game and world for me was better in Skyrim.

Oblivion had the best guild questlines in the series bar none. And was usually a little more creative with the side quests. In terms of mechanics, also preferred having actual birthsigns and classes. And I really miss spellmaking.

Other than that, Skyrim beats it out in most categories for me. The world felt more alive and real. The Nordic people had culture and enough soul to get me invested in protecting them. There were more good characters, and the main story was slightly better. Dungeons were much better. Enemies were more creative and interesting. Combat was more satisfying.

4 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It sucks too because I grew to really like Solas, but now I just wanna put him down, after hearing all the goodie lore drops he's got since he's a walking talking lorebook.

I do get that what happens to the inquisitor was inevitable, and he could've just let you die. And lol in some endings thats exactly what happens, but how they handled the end of the inquisition and the end of the inquisitor and their role while honestly realistic, was just super super sour.

I don't need the ending to be happy or to always win but they effectively neutered you and left you a cripple while Solas goes off to do bigger and better things. Reality is, Solas is the true protagonist (antagonist?) of inquisition. Which, would work great for a story, not so much a game ending. 

It wouldn't have been nearly so bad tho if they didn't force certain incompetence on you, like the fact that no one ever questions or distrusts Solas including yourself, which allows him to infiltrate and spy on you from the very beginning and checkmate you so effortlessly. 

At least with the Qunari you have an actual choice that leads to something similar. But with Solas you're just forced to be his bitch basically and you can do nothing about it.

It's made all the worse if you were actually dating him. Or not since the devs confirm you two never actually bang to placate the "Asexuals".

Ah I see, then yea I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping to god they learned their lesson and will stop with this open world shit.

I doubt we'll ever see him in a true "wolf form" like that, but it would be cool. I'm hoping it's his "pride demon" form for lack of a better term with demons and spirits, gods and dragons etc kinda being melded and losing original meaning.

One thing I won't do tho is actually preorder that shit. I still can't believe I did that. Hell I think even Celan did? Or she just bought it day one, correct me if I'm wrong @Celan but I think we were both whining pretty hard about the first six hours of the game.

I almost turned the shit back in, and then I saw the mages quest with the time travel shit, which was actually suuuper cool.

You yourself explained the "asexual" thing is open to interpretation. ;)

I was disappointed in the ending of Trespasser too, hard to say why- it felt anti-climactic to have the mark removed, I know that. You get no new information, it's just another confrontation with Solas where he refuses to tell you what's going on. But I guess the previous hero has to be sidelined, to make room for another one.

I was complaining about the PC controls. I did pre-order.

1 minute ago, Celan said:

You yourself explained the "asexual" thing is open to interpretation. ;)

I was disappointed in the ending of Trespasser too, hard to say why- it felt anti-climactic to have the mark removed, I know that. You get no new information, it's just another confrontation with Solas where he refuses to tell you what's going on. But I guess the previous hero has to be sidelined, to make room for another one.

I was complaining about the PC controls. I did pre-order.

Was, and I was okay with it until the developers came out and said "Nah they never banged." That put a nail in that whole argument remember? The point of the argument was there was no way to say they definitely didn't bang, and even some of the dialogue suggested they certainly did.

You also brought this up and mentioned that's why you lost interest.

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Was, and I was okay with it until the developers came out and said "Nah they never banged." That put a nail in that whole argument remember? The point of the argument was there was no way to say they definitely didn't bang, and even some of the dialogue suggested they certainly did.

You also brought this up and mentioned that's why you lost interest.

They said that? I wasn't aware. 

Damn. That ruins the game right there, because the Solas-Lavellan romance was the best part and no character of mine is going to be a nun.

• Like 1

I remember reading a Yuri story we're the main girl was going out with a literal nymphomaniac (all the characters are based on the seven deadly sins and she's lust), but it turns out she's asexual (she loved her but didn't want to have sex with her) and didn't want to get intimate in a sexual way with her (and that caused alot of drama, cause the nypho girl cheated on her with like three other chicks cause she was so thirsty). 

And i'm just like "Wut" XD Hate when authors do that. Why even have them romancable if you wrote them as asexual?