Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea but

XD I mean yea, fuck him for sure but this put him just above Sebastian. I laughed so hard at the absurdity of all of it.

"I removed the chance of compromise because there is no compromise."

Nigga XD Slow down there, Obi Wan.

I believe he was basically being corrupted and possessed by Justice....who was utterly morally inflexible in Awakening. So whilst I think him doing something so horrible and be fine with it make senses, it dosen't change the fact he's a complete fucking retard. How'd he destroy the chantry anyway, must have used a nuclear fucking bomb. 

I really liked the Arishok parts of the main story, once he left, everything went downhill XD

7 minutes ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

Lol tbh the only DA I beat was I think it was called awakening.

That was the big DLC for the first game, DA Origins.

Origins was actually really good. The entire first couple hours can be completely different just based on the character you make. A mage will start out in what’s basically prison Hogworts, for instance, but a human warrior might start as a nobleman, and an elven warrior will start as something altogether different. There is a good number of completely unique beginnings and it’s really cool.

DA2 is ass. DA Inquisition is full of mostly unachieved potential. I don’t know the lore as well as Celan, Balrog, or Colonel, but it’s very solid. 

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The Inquisition was sanctioned by the head of the chantry and her right hand ;) The rest of the chantry may be salty about it but its still very much considered a military arm of the chantry. It's also the only way the Inquisition can survive in the end, by once again submitting to Chantry authority.

Meaningless titles from an organization that no longer exists, practically speaking. Vivienne thinks she's something, too, but she's not. I also never intended the Inquisition to survive and disbanded it in my Trespasser playthrough.

As for Hawke, I can't hate her quite so much since she admitted in DAI that she was a fuck up. Also because she's Ciri's voice actress.

2 minutes ago, Celan said:

Meaningless titles from an organization that no longer exists, practically speaking. Vivienne thinks she's something, too, but she's not. I also never intended the Inquisition to survive and disbanded it in my Trespasser playthrough.

As for Hawke, I can't hate her quite so much since she admitted in DAI that she was a fuck up. Also because she's Ciri's voice actress.

Luckily I played a dude so no problem hating him on my end lol.

The titles are anything but meaningless to the people and is how the Inquisition had been able to get off the ground at all at first until their deeds could carry them the rest of the way. 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I will say this for Dragon Age, it handles the widespread existence of magic in its world better than any fantasy universe I’ve ever played in a video game. 

Sometimes, you have to kind of roll your eyes or not think too hard about how things work the way they do in a world where magic exists. Like in TES, magic isn’t even very difficult relatively speaking. There are spells that turn iron to gold, teleport people across great distances, and allow armies to breath underwater. Everyday life in Tamriel would be so much more advanced if they applied this stuff with any intelligence at all. Instead they’re basically stuck in Fancy Middle Ages because that’s the setting.

Imo Dragon Age explains its magic system very well, including all the rules and limitations, and built a very believable world around it. 

51 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Yeah, actually thinking back to it, Fenris was the shit. Easily the best character after Merril and Varric. Even if he was edgy as all fuck. (He was a good kind of edgy XD) His hair though made him belong in a DMC game. 

Fenris was also an anime freak and a walking codex. The romances were so melodramatic, all of them. Ugh.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Luckily I played a dude so no problem hating him on my end lol.

The titles are anything but meaningless to the people and is how the Inquisition had been able to get off the ground at all at first until their deeds could carry them the rest of the way. 

Except to the half of people who think they're heretics and rebels. They don't get off the ground until you run around the Hinterlands and whatnot and get agents.

I will say they slightly redeemed Hawks a bit in inquisition but it’s annoying they’re there at all tbh. A fuck up has no business meeting with the exact opposite or having someone fangirl over him, certainly not MY bitch lol, I save cities not inadvertently lead to their demise.

All hawke did to become “champion” was kill Arishok after he already put hands on that old man and then avenge him. The Qunari didn’t have the manpower to actually keep Kirkwall, they were just making a statement and looking for their book. It had no real importance.

5 minutes ago, Celan said:

Except to the half of people who think they're heretics and rebels. They don't get off the ground until you run around the Hinterlands and whatnot and get agents.

Hardly half at all, and they had enough support to become one of the most powerful forces militarily around. Enough to even beat the Wardens backed by demons.

You get off the ground after dealing with the mages or Templars. That’s when the support really poured in, and before that aside from agents you relied mainly on volunteers that had more faith in you, the right and left hand of the divine and the divine’s belief that the inquisition was needed... than the rest of the chantry.

Theres no way you can argue they’re separate entirely, there’s even an option to put a chantry in your garden, plus you house chantry members. Faith is a huge part of why people even follow you, faith in Andraste.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And faith is probably at least partly how the inquisition soldiers not only went toe to toe with wardens but whooped their asses.

And trebuchets. 

The Wardens we're all half mad from hearing the Calling, and the game specifically notes the Inquisition had an easy time breaching the fortress because there siege engines we're very advanced and the fortress was extremely old (and not built to defend against such new technology) XD

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The Wardens we're all half mad from hearing the Calling, and the game specifically notes the Inquisition had an easy time breaching the fortress because there siege engines we're very advanced and the fortress was extremely old (and not built to defend against such new technology) XD

12 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And trebuchets. 

I think I had that covered lol.

The mad thing didn’t seem to make them unable to fight lol and they weren’t mad, just brain controlled, and even then it was just the mages.

Loghain heard the calling too and was just fine.

29 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hardly half at all, and they had enough support to become one of the most powerful forces militarily around. Enough to even beat the Wardens backed by demons.

You get off the ground after dealing with the mages or Templars. That’s when the support really poured in, and before that aside from agents you relied mainly on volunteers that had more faith in you, the right and left hand of the divine and the divine’s belief that the inquisition was needed... than the rest of the chantry.

Theres no way you can argue they’re separate entirely, there’s even an option to put a chantry in your garden, plus you house chantry members. Faith is a huge part of why people even follow you, faith in Andraste.

Well you *can* play it that way, doesn't mean you have to. The Inquisition gains all its influence after you start working with them, mostly by closing rifts and contacting field agents. By Cassandra and Leliana's reputation alone, you don't even have the mojo to call together surviving clerics.

28 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And faith is probably at least partly how the inquisition soldiers not only went toe to toe with wardens but whooped their asses.

And trebuchets. 

Insofar as it's an Andrastian country, maybe. Still not integral to the main character. You're a military leader, not a priest.

9 minutes ago, Celan said:

Well you *can* play it that way, doesn't mean you have to. The Inquisition gains all its influence after you start working with them, mostly by closing rifts and contacting field agents. By Cassandra and Leliana's reputation alone, you don't even have the mojo to call together surviving clerics.

Insofar as it's an Andrastian country, maybe. Still not integral to the main character. You're a military leader, not a priest.

To me it just feels like the narrative is pushing you in that direction far more than any other. That’s the problem actually, that you can’t really make the inquisition what you want it to be. It simply is. 

Youre literally a prophet. “Herald of Andraste”. You carry that name even if you denounce it.

Me and Nick had the Forest epic. What turned into sailing back to our old base to destroy it, turned into him wanting to show me the sinkhole. We planned to save once then screw around and try to land into the water using a zipline. Literally a one time try and we'd reload the save and move on.

Nick drops down the two-three thousand foot deep sinkhole and I'm laughing my ass off waiting for him to die, he lives by either landing on a Cowman which kills it (which we call Buddha) or being saved by all his insanely good armor. Either way I'm baffled and try the zipline myself, failing and snapping my baby legs in half from the insane fall. He revives me in the literal endgame area and we plan to screw around.

Two hours in hell, we decided to try our hand and see how long we could survive and try to escape for the laughs. For two hours we persevered through literal hell. Forced to conserve what little food and drink we had and losing our shit when we found a firepit inside, eating the cannibal body parts to survive.

When we finally reached the surface with endgame bows we we so happy.