Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

3 minutes ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

I take it you didn't like it?

I don’t own it. I just started a new game on a friend’s console while he was on the shitter. Put it on the hardest difficulty, made it about ten minutes in, the bad guys started using guns, Spider-Man got lit up, and that’s all she wrote.

4 minutes ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

I mean that's like 50% of the game.

It was pretty fun. Especially the web slinging. Though I wish the enemies weren’t quite so tanky. 

Also, I take it back. It’s been a while since I booted up the PS4 but I’m pretty sure I actually do own it. Got it on sale a while back. It’ll probably be a long time before I get around to it, though. I game pretty slowly as it is.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's over. Fuck Rockstar. If you touch the glorious single player you've built...

You can buy gold bars in online for real cash and the price is outrageous. 

DuYrCZbWwAAgIop.jpg

They’ve literally been doing this for years in GTA Online idk why you’re surprised it’s in Red Dead Online

• Like 1

Just now, BTC said:

They’ve literally been doing this for years in GTA Online idk why you’re surprised it’s in Red Dead Online

It's because I actually like Red Dead 2 XD Was hoping maybe they wouldn't butcher the multiplayer...

But it dosen't even qualify as "micro transactions" because the lowest tier is ten fucking dollars. 

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's because I actually like Red Dead 2 XD Was hoping maybe they wouldn't butcher the multiplayer...

But it dosen't even qualify as "micro transactions" because the lowest tier is ten fucking dollars. 

GTAO probably made them more money than all the games they’ve ever released combined. Even if Rockstar wanted to drop that formula, which I doubt they do, there’s no way Take-Two would let them.

Stuff like this annoys me in most games, but not as badly here. The multiplayer and all its bullshit aren’t even visible unless you switch over to it. Doesn’t change how great the singleplayer is.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

And Texas Hold em is already in the base game. Just currently not in the online beta.

No idea why Liar’s Dice isn’t back though. I’d way rather have it than freaking dominos. 

You’re just saying that because Hillary likes dominoes XD as of the 2016 election, along with hot sauce, chicken and white women.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You’re just saying that because Hillary likes dominoes XD as of the 2016 election, along with hot sauce, chicken and white women.

Everyone likes chicken so that one gets a pass. I ain’t gonna let her ruin hot sauce or white women for me, though. XD 

She can have dominoes. Fuck that game.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Celan said:

Some analysis of lore bits from the DA4 teaser trailer

I know I shouldn't be excited...but it's Solas focused XD And Solas is the best character added since Origins.  So I think i'll give them a chance .

And the ancient Primeval Karak was the best part of 2 too, so excited there bringing that stuff back. 

I'm honestly soooo sick and tired of seeing Solas' dumb face. I liked what they did with him at first but that last dlc and how they handled it put a really bad taste in my mouth. I want my Inquisitor to be the one that ends him, if that's even an option. 

Course, I am curious as to what he's even doing but not enough to say I'll give them a chance without seeing what the actual game is like first. Balrog you are too easy dude.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I'm honestly soooo sick and tired of seeing Solas' dumb face. I liked what they did with him at first but that last dlc and how they handled it put a really bad taste in my mouth. I want my Inquisitor to be the one that ends him, if that's even an option. 

Course, I am curious as to what he's even doing but not enough to say I'll give them a chance without seeing what the actual game is like first. Balrog you are too easy dude.

I honestly lost interest in Inquisition during the loooong wait for that last DLC. Wasn’t the ending to the Inquisitor’s story like really anticlimactic?

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I honestly lost interest in Inquisition during the loooong wait for that last DLC. Wasn’t the ending to the Inquisitor’s story like really anticlimactic?

It was more depressing than anything, but yea I was in the same boat as you, so I just spoiled myself on the details and didn't bother with it myself. I like my original ending and left it at that.

I typically don't buy a lot of their resolution DLC. Like the one with Morrigan on Origins. I looked that up too, hated it, and decided it was best to simply not have her and my Warden meet up again.

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

As in give them a chance, I mean i'll let them show gameplay before judging XD Which is more then can be said for alot of EA games. 

His wolf form, at least in the murral remains me of one of Sulihvans Beasts.

Sulyvahn_Beast_Concept_Art.jpg

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It was more depressing than anything, but yea I was in the same boat as you, so I just spoiled myself on the details and didn't bother with it myself. I like my original ending and left it at that.

I typically don't buy a lot of their resolution DLC. Like the one with Morrigan on Origins. I looked that up too, hated it, and decided it was best to simply not have her and my Warden meet up again.

I'll say. What they did to Ironbull still pisses me off :(

It sucks too because I grew to really like Solas, but now I just wanna put him down, after hearing all the goodie lore drops he's got since he's a walking talking lorebook.

I do get that what happens to the inquisitor was inevitable, and he could've just let you die. And lol in some endings thats exactly what happens, but how they handled the end of the inquisition and the end of the inquisitor and their role while honestly realistic, was just super super sour.

I don't need the ending to be happy or to always win but they effectively neutered you and left you a cripple while Solas goes off to do bigger and better things. Reality is, Solas is the true protagonist (antagonist?) of inquisition. Which, would work great for a story, not so much a game ending. 

It wouldn't have been nearly so bad tho if they didn't force certain incompetence on you, like the fact that no one ever questions or distrusts Solas including yourself, which allows him to infiltrate and spy on you from the very beginning and checkmate you so effortlessly. 

At least with the Qunari you have an actual choice that leads to something similar. But with Solas you're just forced to be his bitch basically and you can do nothing about it.

It's made all the worse if you were actually dating him. Or not since the devs confirm you two never actually bang to placate the "Asexuals".

16 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

As in give them a chance, I mean i'll let them show gameplay before judging XD Which is more then can be said for alot of EA games. 

His wolf form, at least in the murral remains me of one of Sulihvans Beasts.

I'll say. What they did to Ironbull still pisses me off :(

Ah I see, then yea I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping to god they learned their lesson and will stop with this open world shit.

I doubt we'll ever see him in a true "wolf form" like that, but it would be cool. I'm hoping it's his "pride demon" form for lack of a better term with demons and spirits, gods and dragons etc kinda being melded and losing original meaning.

One thing I won't do tho is actually preorder that shit. I still can't believe I did that. Hell I think even Celan did? Or she just bought it day one, correct me if I'm wrong @Celan but I think we were both whining pretty hard about the first six hours of the game.

I almost turned the shit back in, and then I saw the mages quest with the time travel shit, which was actually suuuper cool.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The true King of Worms. Best fanart I've seen of him thus far.

The fight in Oblivion is still the shittiest thing put in the series lorewise. Fucking hated what they did to him XD

Luckily there's a really good mod that makes him as powerful as the lore, changes his appearance and gives him a new voice.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2