Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

15 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Was, and I was okay with it until the developers came out and said "Nah they never banged." That put a nail in that whole argument remember? The point of the argument was there was no way to say they definitely didn't bang, and even some of the dialogue suggested they certainly did.

You also brought this up and mentioned that's why you lost interest.

I can't find where they said this, just that they leave it up to the players.

It was supposedly a Gaider tweet, but I can't find it, would be easier if I ever saw the original tweet in the first place, but if I can't find it perhaps Past Celan was mistaken lol and it was still left up to interpretation.

But I swear on my left nut you said that :P 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

12 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I did? Lol so I restored your faith in Solavellan? XD That's hilarious. What was the dialogue anyway?

Well, I didn't much like the resolution in Trespasser. We'll see how they handle it in the new game. I imagine the Inquisitor could make a cameo appearance like Hawke did in Inquisition.

This is the dialogue

In reality I don't see how this dialogue supports an asexual romance, though. He doesn't say "I wouldn't lay with you because I'm not into that." XD 

I dunno, whatever. Bioware fans are into their speshul categories.

• Like 1

I don't know what my argument was but I could see how you'd think he just said straight that they didn't bang. 

I'd say that the dialogue certainly leans that way but it could also mean that he didn't actually lie about who he was and he did try to pull away from her. Lavellan I'm pretty sure insists and pushes things though. Basically saying "Hold up bitch, I didn't take shit you gave it up."

I replayed the prologue of Inquisition, and I can see where the devs for Andromeda went wrong. Frostbite may make for pretty landscapes and explosions, but the animations are janky and character models are terrible. Part of that is Bioware's determination to make the elves as ugly as possible.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I don't know what my argument was but I could see how you'd think he just said straight that they didn't bang. 

I'd say that the dialogue certainly leans that way but it could also mean that he didn't actually lie about who he was and he did try to pull away from her. Lavellan I'm pretty sure insists and pushes things though. Basically saying "Hold up bitch, I didn't take shit you gave it up."

The argument is that he's saying he didn't deceive her about his feelings. This is supported by the fact that she says right afterward, "But you lied to me." 

Basically, like this:

"You sure got me good."

"No. I would never have slept with you under false pretenses. That part was real."

"But you lied to me about your identity."

1 minute ago, Celan said:

Part of that is Bioware's determination to make the elves as ugly as possible.

Yeah, I’ve noticed that too.

It’s weird that Bethesda went out of its way  elves in TES look strange and alien, but many of them still look a lot more attractive (in an exotic sort of way) than the more human looking elves of Dragon Age. 

Just now, Celan said:

The argument is that he's saying he didn't deceive her about his feelings. This is supported by the fact that she says right afterward, "But you lied to me." 

Ah k, I do remember saying that now. Been years since I thought about any of it, forgot how good that romance actually was. 

Not as good as Cassandra's tho :whistling:

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, I’ve noticed that too.

It’s weird that Bethesda went out of its way  elves in TES look strange and alien, but many of them still look a lot more attractive (in an exotic sort of way) than the more human looking elves of Dragon Age. 

It's why I could never play as a male elf. Females were fine, bony but mostly fine.

The females are godawful, too, if you include the movement animations which are the same as the male's. I don't need my female characters to be prisses- I liked that Shepard moved like a man because my Shepard was a soldier in heavy armor so she's not crossing her legs- but with the scrawny elves, it just looks terrible.

BTW I looked at Origin to see if they had sales on the ME trilogy. I would rebuy them on Origin since my ME1 and ME2 are on Steam and messed up due to DLC bugs and whatnot, but they're still too expensive. They want $15 for the trilogy but it doesn't include any DLC. You'd have to pay another $15 each for the ME2 and ME3 DLC bundles.

Just now, Celan said:

The females are godawful, too, if you include the movement animations which are the same as the male's. I don't need my female characters to be prisses- I liked that Shepard moved like a man because my Shepard was a soldier in heavy armor so she's not crossing her legs- but with the scrawny elves, it just looks terrible.

BTW I looked at Origin to see if they had sales on the ME trilogy. I would rebuy them on Origin since my ME1 and ME2 are on Steam and messed up due to DLC bugs and whatnot, but they're still too expensive. They want $15 for the trilogy but it doesn't include any DLC. You'd have to pay another $15 each for the ME2 and ME3 DLC bundles.

You should play with the fan patch. It fixes the hundreds of bugs, and restores alot of content you cant access because of bugs. 

And the skip the fade mod XD

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/4689

Merrill is a freak. The only good part about DA2 elves was the Welsh accents, which they removed in DAI and my Dalish character has to sound posh.

I'm more aware of all this because Witcher 3 did everything sooooo much better. Hard to believe it came out a few months after DAI.