Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

On paper yea, but they still shoehorn you into the role of the inquisitor with basically the same personality no matter what you do. And being the human messiah as an elf, or dwark, qunari, etc is jarring for that reason, even if you do try and limit its influence on you. Especially how people regard you. What you say about all the Andraste stuff hardly matters.

I wouldn't say it's bullshit though, it may not have been her in the fade but it's true that you were at the exact right place and time to stop the world from ending.

The mark is literally ancient elven magic. There is also plenty of opposition to the Inquisition, so you're never messiah to everyone. But I think it's poignant that someone considered inferior, treated like animals, ends up being the savior.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yes it is. They tell you that you delivered some packages and are well traveled all over the west. That says nothing about you that isn’t obvious from the get-go. It doesn’t tell you your personality, your philosophies, how good or bad, smart, or stupid you are, or how you tackle problems. That’s all yours to decide. 

No but it does nail down your whole back history in its entirety. 

Both of them have their limitations. Yea you have more choice with who you are but Witcher does a pretty dang good job of that with Geralt as well. You're always Geralt but people still debate on who and what Geralt even is even this far in.

Two different types of rpgs with the same flexibility in different aspects of the genre.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

The mark is literally ancient elven magic. There is also plenty of opposition to the Inquisition, so you're never messiah to everyone. But I think it's poignant that someone considered inferior, treated like animals, ends up being the savior.

You save Orlesians from demon armies, go to their dumb parties and deal with the chantry of all things, when Dalish couldn't have been further from such things in the past. Elves are a big part of Inquisitions' backstory, and I'll even say that Trespasser's more fitting as a dalish, but the main game itself is dealing with the Inquisition mainly and the Inquisition's a chantry sanctioned organization meant to help humanity, and I think its narrative reflects this as well. Unfortunately.

You save Orlesians from demon armies, go to their dumb parties and deal with the chantry of all things, when Dalish couldn't have been further from such things in the past. Elves are a big part of Inquisitions' backstory, and I'll even say that Trespasser's more fitting as a dalish, but the main game itself is dealing with the Inquisition mainly and the Inquisition's a chantry sanctioned organization meant to help humanity, and I think its narrative reflects this as well. Unfortunately.

It's the opposite of a Chantry sanctioned organization. As for the diplomatic stuff, you have Josephine to deal with all that. And Lavellan was being groomed to lead her clan so it's not like she's a complete simpleton. Unlike Merrill. XD 

Just now, Celan said:

It's the opposite of a Chantry sanctioned organization. As for the diplomatic stuff, you have Josephine to deal with all that. And Lavellan was being groomed to lead her clan so it's not like she's a complete simpleton. Unlike Merrill. XD 

The Inquisition was sanctioned by the head of the chantry and her right hand ;) The rest of the chantry may be salty about it but its still very much considered a military arm of the chantry. It's also the only way the Inquisition can survive in the end, by once again submitting to Chantry authority.

No but it does nail down your whole back history in its entirety. 

No it doesn’t. It tells you that you delivered packages during the last four or five years. Nothing beyond that. Nothing about where you were born or if you’ve always been a courier, or if you did other things along the way.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Both of them have their limitations. Yea you have more choice with who you are but Witcher does a pretty dang good job of that with Geralt as well. You're always Geralt but people still debate on who and what Geralt even is even this far in.

Sure, they did a stellar job of giving us options with Geralt. But for all our options on defining “who Geralt is” it translates much more to story and his personality than it does to actual gameplay. In terms of actual our approach to problems in-game, 90% of the time, Geralt’s options are different ways to kill the monsters with a sword, or occasionally bribe/sign somebody into being friendly. In NV we have many different ways of approaching virtually every situation. Take any given quest and there’s a good chance that there are a good number of options that can lead to a completely different experience. 

So me and Nick were preparing for the past hour and a half, we built a house boat, decked it out with storage, filled that storage and decked the small raft out with storage.

Then while we were almost full on everything we had to finally abandon our old base, we sailed around the whole island and began again. 

Thought about it many times just to see Merrill again. 

And then I remembered Sebastian.

And then I remembered Anders.

And then I remembered your loser brother (but not that cunt's name).

And then I remembered Hawke.

Which btw, how fucking stupid is it that you have family and siblings with the same last name but only you are addressed as Hawke? 

• Haha 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Thought about it many times just to see Merrill again. 

And then I remembered Sebastian.

And then I remembered Anders.

And then I remembered your loser brother (but not that cunt's name).

And then I remembered Hawke.

Which btw, how fucking stupid is it that you have family and siblings with the same last name but only you are addressed as Hawke? 

Then there was edgy Sasuke elf XD

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I killed him but boy if he didn't have the funniest moment in all of dragon age.

*Playing as a male hawk*

"Dude i'm not gay, I kinda like you as a friend."

*Anders disapproval 20 fucking points* 
*Playing as a female hawk*
"Dude i'm gay I kinda like you as a friend"

*Anders disapproval 20 fucking points* 

Fuck Anders XD

• Haha 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Fuck Anders XD

Yea but

XD I mean yea, fuck him for sure but this put him just above Sebastian. I laughed so hard at the absurdity of all of it.

"I removed the chance of compromise because there is no compromise."

Nigga XD Slow down there, Obi Wan.