Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #15

To battle!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. You're to hold a bridge against an enemy army. What do you shout at them?

• You shall not pass!
    • I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
    • Ni! Ni! Ni!

31 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Not gonna lie, I liked that part of the ending too. It was so dark and shocking, but also felt very fitting to me. 

But then again, I am quite the dick so that’s probably to be expected.

It's fitting in a way,

but I liked her too much. She's feisty. Not sure what Beauclair would be in store for without her rule, either.

And not having her around would spoil the best clip in video game history.

1 hour ago, Celan said:

I kind of got burned out on the Telltale games. If anything I would probably try Divinity Original Sin, since I didn't like Pillars 2 that much so the replay value is cut down. More likely I will just retire from vidya for a good while.

Did the elder vampire missions in Blood and Wine, very cool, though it required me breaking character as I've played Geralt.

Reveal hidden contents

When he says he doesn't make deals with monsters.

However later he gives a better reason, that he's protecting Regis. I think in the end it's obvious too that Dettlaff is like a wild animal in a busy town. They might not kill the first person they see, but he was probably not going to be able to change. I still find him very sympathetic. And good looking. XD

Syanna, now I have no sympathy for her. She was a bad seed. Maybe there was something to the prophecy.

But now I have to reload and do the other option because apparently you can't keep Annarietta alive in this ending? I reloaded half a dozen times trying to save her.

Bad seed but the best fuck Geralts ever had

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

54 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Not gonna lie, I liked that part of the ending too. It was so dark and shocking, but also felt very fitting to me. 

But then again, I am quite the dick so that’s probably to be expected.

I feel the same way. Anna is truly the baddest bitch in beauclaire but

the choice that gets her killed just feels too fitting for the overall mood to pass up. As much as I love a happy ending.

And it balances things out a bit since I prefer the, what in my opinion, is the “best” happy ending in the main game. Adds the needed dark overtone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I feel the same way. Anna is truly the baddest bitch in beauclaire but

Reveal hidden contents

the choice that gets her killed just feels too fitting for the overall mood to pass up. As much as I love a happy ending.

And it balances things out a bit since I prefer the, what in my opinion, is the “best” happy ending in the main game. Adds the needed dark overtone.

For me, another reason I liked it was 

the juxtaposition between that super bleak ending to the contract and the super happy ending to Geralt’s actual story when he returns to his villa.

The good ending is great, but it’s almost too perfect for my tastes. The villains fall, the heroes celebrate, then Geralt goes home to a loved one and everyone lives happily ever after. I like how the bad ending finishes with tragedy and uncertainty on a large scale, then focuses in on Geralt and shows that it is all behind him and he can be happy despite how dark the world gets.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And who wouldn't be happy having this to come home to?

Check out the upskirt XD 

155571885_TheWitcher308_16.2017-01_29_06_06.thumb.png.45645d8e0dcd5afd4daae8067e1d4812.png196604746_TheWitcher308_16.2017-01_28_48_04.thumb.png.03b79ddfdfe66736f7c43c23d63c221d.png

Classy

You can keep you're thot XD I don't like that specific design, seems way too over the top and outlandish even for my tastes. Why is she wearing fishnets XD Looks like an even more scantily clad Morrigian. Her Imperial garb is way more stylish.

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You can keep you're thot XD I don't like that specific design, seems way too over the top and outlandish even for my tastes. Why is she wearing fishnets XD Looks like an even more scantily clad Morrigian. Her Imperial garb is way more stylish.

Dude.

Image result for triss alternative look

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

In other news I found a lore book that reads a ton like Collins' writing. You read this @BTC?

Desktop Screenshot 2018.08.23 - 00.20.22.47.png

Desktop Screenshot 2018.08.23 - 00.20.47.82.png

Where do you think I got the language to describe shadow magic ;) The Glimmering Foxbat wrote two books, both of which were tremendously helpful to me, since they go into more depth on how shadow magic works for the caster.

My interpretation was that this form of shadow magic, in the 2nd era and before Azra showed up, was a precursor. Azra hadn’t yet made the connection of shadow as conflict, but the surface level casting remained the same. Winvale told Morane about the two different types of teleportation, basically short range and long range, and how the latter is only possible because of Azra’s shadow-conflict connection

Also, this book someone wrote out of game is another piece I’ve found really helpful. On Shadow

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If I recall correctly he actually referenced Glimmering Foxbat in a post. 

I think I straight up quoted a paragraph from the book too, since Morane was actually reading one of those books in the post. Also, the book she took with her in the last post is the other book by the Glimmerint Foxbat, though I changed the name a bit as I had in mind that it would be an updated version of the one in ESO

Edited by BTC

I actually thought you did that all yourself XD 

Not that it takes away from it or anything. Really I'm just surprised how good the lore is in ESO still. Though I wouldn't have thought so @BTC without your connection to shadow magic included with the passage. 

Been saving some stuff from their lore here and there too for future usage. Didn't expect to see Kyne lore in Coldharbour for instance, just did a really fun quest about a tavern that got sucked in there and trapped a whole community of Nords. That quest felt personal. Was actually pissed.

Messing with the souls of some puny elves or damned Bretons is one thing. They're already destined for Oblivion. But Nords?

We NORDS go to Sovngarde!

26 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I actually thought you did that all yourself XD 

Not that it takes away from it or anything. Really I'm just surprised how good the lore is in ESO still. Though I wouldn't have thought so @BTC without your connection to shadow magic included with the passage. 

:pinch: I ain’t clever enough to come up with that stuff on my own. Hell, most of the time when I’m going to write some of the more obscure parts I have to go back and reread the stuff I wrote earlier to remind myself of how that shit works.

Though I’ve thought up and extrapolated a few uses of shadow magic that aren’t detailed in the games or in books that I’ll have to describe on my own. With those books as a solid foundation I’ll hopefully be able to come up with some descriptions that fit in with the lore but are all my own. Not that I stole them or anything, since both On Shadow and Stepping Through Shadows are books I had Morane read because they were so influential. But I’m looking forward to when I’ll get to shadow magic I’ll have to describe without directly referencing some other work. 

Edited by BTC
  • Like 1