Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #15

To battle!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. You're to hold a bridge against an enemy army. What do you shout at them?

• You shall not pass!
    • I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
    • Ni! Ni! Ni!

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

This or no romance is really the only Geralt route I’ve been able to go down and also bang Shani or Syanna without reloading pretty much for the reason BT said. In any run where he’s committed to Yen or Triss, having him sleep around makes it feel a lot less genuine. Especially since we know they care.

I agree, but I still feel like it’s in his cards. I wouldn’t do it, but it’s not like it’s the first time they’ve been weak in their story.

It doesn’t feel right having him bang anyone after he says I love you to Triss on the last game either.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I agree, but I still feel like it’s in his cards. I wouldn’t do it, but it’s not like it’s the first time they’ve been weak in their story.

It doesn’t feel right having him bang anyone after he says I love you to Triss on the last game either.

Maybe if it was the middle of his story or something, but it seems pretty shitty for Geralt, after all the growing and developing he’s done, to be as weak at the ass end of his story as he was at earlier times.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Dude can try to bang Yen and Triss after saying he loves them both. He can be pretty shitty *shrug*

It ain’t my favorite Geralt but he’s not always a good person lol.

That’s why I said I’m only able to do the Syanna stuff on runs where my Geralt pulls that shit. But that version of Geralt and the one who actually commits to the people he loves are very different Geralts.

It’s actually a pretty impressive feat of CDPR’s that they gave us a fixed character with a very defined personality, but still allowed for so much roleplaying flexibility.

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Same for me lol I’ve only done the dlc twice, I’m not passing that up for roleplay XD

You said it on Skype 

Don't remember but I was probably commenting on some skank or other. 

I'd prefer to tell her she'll have plenty of time to diddle herself in the dungeons. Fits roleplay and RL.

Relationship or not, Geralt would not fuck a mass murderer. If he sleeps with Shani again without a commitment, he's a devious bastard too, after what she tells him about wanting someone in her life. 

1 minute ago, Celan said:

If he sleeps with Shani again without a commitment, he's a devious bastard too, after what she tells him about wanting someone in her life. 

That dialogue really had me expecting Hearts of Stone to introduce a third romance option with her. A little disappointing that it couldn’t pan out, even if she wouldn’t have been my first choice for Geralt.

26 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Detlaff is the mass murderer as much as she is, who you called “Good looking” lol.

He is. He's not the one who planned it. Believed he was saving his love. How she uses him is reason enough to drop kick her.

Not everyone who's abused becomes a mass murderer. No excuse and no, it's not the same for Detlaff. It's not ambiguous at all IMO.

Orianna is a more interesting dilemma. 

Is she supposed to be the woman in the trailer?  If so they must have retconned something, since Geralt can't kill her.

It’s foreshadowing if you ask me. Remember, that’s why I said I thought the other choice was canon, though yea you can change your mind half way and go the other route which is what I did my second time.

@Celan I didn’t say she was right, I just said I understand her side of it.

And Detlaff is just as bad if you ask me.

26 minutes ago, Celan said:

Hide contents

Is she supposed to be the woman in the trailer?  If so they must have retconned something, since Geralt can't kill her.

We can’t kill her as Geralt, but he tells her that he’ll be back, which seems to hint that the trailer (and title screen) is Geralt returning to finish their business after the credits roll, so to speak.

But... he can't. So that line doesn’t make any sense, either. 

As for Detlaff, I said, his nature probably makes his death inevitable and necessary. But he isn't as responsible as she is. He also at least shows some remorse. Syanna has none. 

11 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I love how fucking ssssalty all those snowflakes got over the PC joke in DOOM Eternal.

And they think ID is a bad company now...the dude's who made Nazi killing a fucking sport. It's unbelievable how quickly the left turns on people. The Joke's aimed at fucking Demons...not immigrants. Like shit. Why are people making a big deal?

32 minutes ago, Celan said:

As for Detlaff, I said, his nature probably makes his death inevitable and necessary. But he isn't as responsible as she is. He also at least shows some remorse. Syanna has none. 

He could’ve just taken it out on her, but instead he took it out on an entire city. He’s just as bad. He didn’t seem all that remorseful of it either.

Nature can be fought, same as an abused child doesn’t have to take a dark path.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

31 minutes ago, Celan said:

Why not? Even if she is an Elder Vampire, we know from what happened to Regis that they can be vanquished for a very long time. Especially if he literally chopped and sliced and diced her up like in the song she’s singing. Or he could bring her mangled remains to Regis to be put down for good. 

27 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Why not? Even if she is an Elder Vampire, we know from what happened to Regis that they can be vanquished for a very long time. Especially if he literally chopped and sliced and diced her up like in the song she’s singing. Or he could bring her mangled remains to Regis to be put down for good. 

For one thing, I doubt he could have beaten a higher vampire alone. At best he could hurt her, and take quite a risk doing so.

12 minutes ago, Celan said:

For one thing, I doubt he could have beaten a higher vampire alone. At best he could hurt her, and take quite a risk doing so.

Geralt went toe-to-toe with Detlaff, so he is certainly capable of holding his own against one who may very well not be as powerful as that guy. Besides, the lore’s even been back and forth on what constitutes a higher vamp.

Geralt takes quite a risk all the time. His very first chapter in the books had him hunting a strigga who has already killed other witchers. After what she did to those children, taking such a risk to stop her would absolutely be in-character for him. 

39 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Geralt went toe-to-toe with Detlaff, so he is certainly capable of holding his own against one who may very well not be as powerful as that guy. Besides, the lore’s even been back and forth on what constitutes a higher vamp.

Geralt takes quite a risk all the time. His very first chapter in the books had him hunting a strigga who has already killed other witchers. After what she did to those children, taking such a risk to stop her would absolutely be in-character for him. 

**With Regis. And involving him in another kinslaying is trouble he doesn't need. 

I'm not the one who made it canon that they can only be killed by another higher vampire. ;)

Anyway, she's an interesting character and I think her case is more ambiguous than Syanna by far. 

10 minutes ago, Celan said:

**With Regis. And involving him in another kinslaying is trouble he doesn't need. 

I'm not the one who made it canon that they can only be killed by another higher vampire. ;)

Anyway, she's an interesting character and I think her case is more ambiguous than Syanna by far. 

Than the chick that eats kids....

Ok Maggie XD 

55 minutes ago, Celan said:

As to it being foreshadowing of the 'right' path, the trailer says he has a contract, so he didn't just go on his own and the scene could have happened even if you didn’t find out her secret earlier. 

Sure, but I think it says a lot that this path unless you change your mind gives him reason to hunt her down.

Im not frowning on your decision, I think the ending where (insert spoiler) but I’m never gonna see it myself, lol.

geralt dies possibly and Ciri dies is the most fitting.