Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #15

To battle!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. You're to hold a bridge against an enemy army. What do you shout at them?

• You shall not pass!
    • I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
    • Ni! Ni! Ni!

Just now, Celan said:

They didn't, so that's rather moot. And in the trailer she wasn't a higher vampire.

Yes she was. Bruxa were higher vamps before they changed the lore.

And this is a moot point as well because, they still referenced the trailer in spite of the lore change.

So it’s perfectly logical to assume:

1. Geralt taps that ass even with her power up, even if she’s as strong as Detlaff.

2. Or he’s able to tap that ass alone because she’s weaker.

Even if it doesn’t happen factually? CDPR is still telling us, Geralt can take her.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yes they did. The trailer, the updated title screen, and Geralt’s own dialogue after seeing the children all point to a confrontation. Even if it’s not exactly like in the trailer, why would they make Orianna look the same at all if that wasn’t their intent?

Obviously their intent changed. Neither is it "canon" that he confronts Orianna, since you don't need to threaten her in that scene and you might not see it at all.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yes she was. Bruxa were higher vamps before they changed the lore.

"Higher" only in the sense that they're sentient. He can defeat three of them in Witcher 1, so quite obviously we're not talking about the same thing.

I think this is just a case of the both of you insisting your game choices are somehow right and canon.

I never said he wouldn't take such a contract, though it seems quixotic to me, and the entire premise of the trailer- Geralt taking on a higher vampire alone and fairly easily defeating her- is undermined by the game itself.

Just now, Celan said:

"Higher" only in the sense that they're sentient. He can defeat three of them in Witcher 1, so quite obviously we're not talking about the same thing.

I think this is just a case of the both of you insisting your game choices are somehow right and canon.

I never said he wouldn't take such a contract, though it seems quixotic to me, and the entire premise of the trailer- Geralt taking on a higher vampire alone and fairly easily defeating her- is undermined by the game itself.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Plus, for all you know, her transformation is simply that of a Bruxa.

Theres a higher vampire in the base game too, and his form before and after the dlc is installed is just an ordinary looking lesser vamp form.

^

Like I said, the lore changed but they still intended for her to be a true higher vampire or else they wouldn’t have included her in the dlc.

Never said my choices were canon either. I said, to me, this option was more fitting than the other one, and stated my reasons why.

2 minutes ago, Celan said:

Obviously their intent changed. Neither is it "canon" that he confronts Orianna, since you don't need to threaten her in that scene and you might not see it at all.

I never claimed that it was canon. My initial point was that the events of the trailer and title screen are the end-result of Geralt carrying out his promise to come back for her. You’re the one who argued that this didn’t make sense and that he can’t do that, even though we’ve got tons of things pointing to the fact that he can.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

^

Like I said, the lore changed but they still intended for her to be a true higher vampire or else they wouldn’t have included her in the dlc.

Never said my choices were canon either. I said, to me, this option was more fitting than the other one, and stated my reasons why.

The lore didn't change. Bruxae can be society vampires, too. They changed what Orianna is, that changes the plausibility of the scene.

This is the scene I was referring to in TW1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I never claimed that it was canon. My initial point was that the events of the trailer and title screen are the end-result of Geralt carrying out his promise to come back for her. You’re the one who argued that this didn’t make sense and that he can’t do that, even though we’ve got tons of things pointing to the fact that he can.

You only make that promise in one choice of one possible path.

The Lore has definitely changed. Me and doc had the same conversation before, I think last year. 

He thought Bruxa  we’re higher vampires as well, until I showed him the link where it said specifically they are not. And the higher vampires we see in the DLC are definitely separate from them.

That was not the case before. In any of the previous games.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

5 minutes ago, Celan said:

The lore didn't change. Bruxae can be society vampires, too. They changed what Orianna is, that changes the plausibility of the scene.

The Blood and Wine title screen -which is an obvious allusion to the trailer- came about after they changed what Orianna is. Between that and the fact that we have a line from Geralt where he literally says he’ll be back for her, I don’t see how the encounter itself is any less plausible.

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

You only make that promise in one choice of one possible path.

So? I’m not saying that your Geralt made the promise in your playthrough. I’m saying that we have plenty of evidence that he can and will follow through with it in the playthroughs where he does.

Bruxae are sometimes called higher vampires, meaning they're not animalistic- or not all of them, anyway.

In the game, Orianna is said to belong to the same class as Regis and Dettlaff and the same definition applies to her. You're now trying to argue she's some kind of special subclass, based on nothing.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The Blood and Wine title screen -which is an obvious allusion to the trailer- came about after they changed what Orianna is. Between that and the fact that we have a line from Geralt where he literally says he’ll be back for her, I don’t see how the encounter itself is any less plausible.

So? I’m not saying that your Geralt made the promise in your playthrough. I’m saying that we have plenty of evidence that he can and will follow through with it in the playthroughs where he does.

It's a theme song of the DLC. I don't see how this supports your argument.

Since we don't see him doing so and it's not stated in any epilogue, that's speculation. You're welcome to yours.

4 minutes ago, Celan said:

Bruxae are sometimes called higher vampires, meaning they're not animalistic- or not all of them, anyway.

In the game, Orianna is said to belong to the same class as Regis and Dettlaff and the same definition applies to her. You're now trying to argue she's some kind of special subclass, based on nothing.

Holy crap, no I am not. I said she is a higher vampire. I’m saying that Bruxa are not.

They were called higher vampires yes, but now that is considered a mistake. They are no longer true higher vampires.

5 minutes ago, Celan said:

It's a theme song of the DLC. I don't see how this supports your argument.

Since we don't see him doing so and it's not stated in any epilogue, that's speculation. You're welcome to yours.

It’s not just a theme song. The game’s opening is literally Geralt mediating with his swords and potions in front of him, with the her singing in the background in front of an old house. It’s a very slightly modified version of the trailer setting, and an obvious allusion to it.

They are in the same class yes, but not each one of them has the same abilities. That is a lore fact. The game even acknowledges this, by showing us what the other Higher vampires are like. The one in the base game isn’t nearly as powerful as Detlaff.

The only thing that they share, besides being immortal,  is the ability to turn into a bat, or vampire form. 

Detlaffs is much more impressive than either of theirs and we see Regis’ form on his Gwen card

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

All I said was that her beast form, may simply be a Bruxa.  Sam is how the other hire vampire in the base game, had a lesser vampire form. 

You're saying she's weaker than Dettlaff. With no basis.

It’s not just a theme song. The game’s opening is literally Geralt mediating with his swords and potions in front of him, with the her singing in the background in front of an old house. It’s a very slightly modified version of the trailer, and an obvious allusion to it.

Given the trailer, they might have originally planned to make Orianna a bruxa and a boss fight. Clearly they changed direction.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

They are in the same class yes, but not each one of them has the same abilities. That is a lore fact. The game even acknowledges this, by showing us what the other Higher vampires are like. The one in the base game isn’t nearly as powerful as Detlaff.

The only thing that they share, besides being immortal,  is the ability to turn into a bat, or vampire form. 

Detlaffs is much more impressive than either of theirs and we see Regis’ form on his Gwen card

Who, Regis? I don't know where you're getting that Dettlaff is more powerful. Again, entirely speculative.

4 minutes ago, Celan said:

Who, Regis? I don't know where you're getting that Dettlaff is more powerful. Again, entirely speculative.

I never said it wasn’t speculative, but that doesn’t mean that it is without support. I mean for 1, he’s already way stronger than the other higher vampire we saw in the base game

And all I said was that his beast form wasn’t as impressive. Based on that, I am assuming that he is weaker. Seems like a fair assumption to me.

Someone feel free to chime in if I’m wrong.

Even ignoring Regis, even ignoring Detlaff,  that base game higher vampire  proves that your giirl can be physically weak enough for Geralt to beat. 

That was an actual true blue higher vampire, and we beat him one-on-one face-to-face alone. He may not stay dead, but we did kill him. 

And, his beast form was that of a lesser vampire, Which means, hers could be too.

Based on that, there’s no reason he couldn’t do it again. 

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

And all I said was that his beast form wasn’t as impressive. Based on that, I am assuming that he is weaker. Seems like a fair assumption to me.

There’s also the fact that Detlaff kicks his ass in like ten seconds.

I don’t know where Orianna falls in all this but Detlaff is at least stronger than two of the four higher vampires we’ve encountered. 

There’s also the fact that Detlaff kicks his ass in like ten seconds.

I don’t know where Orianna falls in all this but Detlaff is at least stronger than two of the four higher vampires we’ve encountered. 

To be fair, I think Regis hesitates in that fight and Detlaff capitalizes.

That said, if his transformation was half as impressive, I don’t think he’d get knocked out cold like that. Detlaff was on an entirely different level.

As for where she falls, if her form really is a Bruxa and Regis’ form is like on his card, then I’d say she’s actually more powerful than Regis, since Bruxae are basically at the top of lesser vamps, even being confused for true higher vampires.