Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #15

To battle!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. You're to hold a bridge against an enemy army. What do you shout at them?

• You shall not pass!
    • I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
    • Ni! Ni! Ni!

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Wrong place. 

And Black Gulch is fucking awesome, just salt talking. Wait till you discover the secret. 

Of course I'm salty, with the exception of one game breaking bug in DSR I've only ever felt cheated out of my souls in DS2. I consider myself by no means a Souls veteran but I will say I'm an experienced player by now, DS2 has a habit of making me furious when I lose souls that neither 3 or 1 does.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Pfft you played Kiddie Blighttown, the Blighttown that runs at silky smooth 60 FPS. Do the original version, the 9 frames a second Blighttown, then we talk hard zones.

Don't remember Blighttown poison stunlocking you, nor centipedes with invisible walls. Infinite stamina red phantoms either, nor moments that you just randomly lose health without being poisoned and lose all your fucking souls.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea sorry but these people are one stones toss away from slavery. A legionnaire can request what they want of you and you can’t say shit,

Pass. Plus as he said, it only goes for those not considered tribals, in which case you stand no chance.

I’m not making a sales pitch for Caesar. I’m just stating the facts because earlier you seemed very skeptical of the possibility that what we see in the game is any different from what it’s like elsewhere.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

That’s worse, lol. And still shows my point

Depends on how long Caesar lives. All the assumptions about the Legion going west and collapsing operate on the basis that he won’t be able to establish his Rome and build a self-sustaining Empire. If he dies soon, which is likely given the cancer, then yeah it shows your point.

24 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Don't remember Blighttown poison stunlocking you, nor centipedes with invisible walls. Infinite stamina red phantoms either, nor moments that you just randomly lose health without being poisoned and lose all your fucking souls.

Back then it was the frame rate that stunlocked you. :P 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m not making a sales pitch for Caesar. I’m just stating the facts because earlier you seemed very skeptical of the possibility that what we see in the game is any different from what it’s like elsewhere.

Depends on how long Caesar lives. All the assumptions about the Legion going west and collapsing operate on the basis that he won’t be able to establish his Rome and build a self-sustaining Empire. If he dies soon, which is likely given the cancer, then yeah it shows your point.

And I still am

All of that sounded like borderline slavery to me than can go south at any moment, same as every dictatorship we’ve ever known.

Ulysses seemed pretty sure this would happen Rome or no Rome.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I believe Celan was feeling left out.

Tbh I’m in the same boat that Celan is, there’s enough small questions and comments about the game that I’m actually glad we have a separate thread for it.

And glad it’s there so y’all can continue with it and teasing Celan about it there :P 

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And I still am

All of that sounded like borderline slavery to me than can go south at any moment, same as every dictatorship we’ve ever known.

After all, I very clearly saw the merchant dude walking around freely, and also pretty clearly saw all the tribal slave women as well.

Caesars the only true ruler, the rest are enforcers. Enforcers are known for abusing their power in civilized society, let alone these savage dogs.

14 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And I still am

Well I’m gonna go ahead and believe the guy who wrote the factions when he says that they’re not the same. Living in a land run by a tyrant sounds awful to me, but not as bad as being literally enslaved, brainwashed, and forced to breed or charge machinegun nests for a cause I don’t even understand.

19 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ulysses assumes the worst case scenario for all four MQ outcomes. It’s the Courier’s job to rep their side and convince him why that doesn’t have to be the case.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Well I’m gonna go ahead and believe the guy who wrote the factions when he says that they’re not the same. Living in a land run by a tyrant sounds awful to me, but not as bad as being literally enslaved, brainwashed, and forced to breed or charge machinegun nests for a cause I don’t even understand.

Ulysses assumes the worst case scenario for all four MQ outcomes. It’s the Courier’s job to rep their side and convince him why that doesn’t have to be the case.

And I’m gonna go ahead with what’s realistic and actually portrayed in the game.

And by what Ulysses says since he’s seen a lot more of it than we have.

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And I’m gonna go ahead with what’s realistic and actually portrayed in the game.

And by what Ulysses says since he’s seen a lot more of it than we have.

Neither of the things we are saying is unrealistic and what you suggest isn’t portrayed in the game. We don’t see Legion lands. Just a few military camps. It’s clear from Sawyer, Raul, and that merchant guy that the people living in their territory don’t live remotely like the actual slaves do.

“Not slaves but not citizens” doesn’t mean they’re somewhere in-between. It means that they’re not slaves, but the Legion is an army not a government, so it doesn’t have citizens. They’re just people who happen to live on the land that they occupy.

And the point of Ulysses’ character isn’t to show us why every choice will fail. It’s to point out the flaws and make us think about how to overcome them. He can be convinced that the Legion will not crumble after spending years believing the opposite, so his agreement with your point at the start of Lonesome Road doesn’t mean much.

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Theyre free to take that chance. I don’t take chances with my asshole.

You keep saying things like this like I’m supporting the Legion. I’m not.

41 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Tbh I’m in the same boat that Celan is, there’s enough small questions and comments about the game that I’m actually glad we have a separate thread for it.

And glad it’s there so y’all can continue with it and teasing Celan about it there :P 

I'm good with that. Long as I don't have to read 25 pages of arcana about it.

40 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That's funny coming from the dude that barked at her when you thought she was being dismissive to the series XD

But I agree, since most of us here are big Souls fans (Me, you, Doc, Witch, Czar), it's good to have a separate place to chat about it.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Neither of the things we are saying is unrealistic and what you suggest isn’t portrayed in the game. We don’t see Legion lands. Just a few military camps. It’s clear from Sawyer, Raul, and that merchant guy that the people living in their territory don’t live remotely like the actual slaves do.

I didn't see this at all in his statement. He said people aren't free. Besides the fact that you can be converted from "not free" to "really not free" at any moment, for any reason.

• Like 1