Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Man, you couldn't tell Lapp was Patches? XD. Might as well put a fucking sign saying he was going to kick you off somewhere.

Personally, I really didn't. It helps that lapp didn't know who he was either. If I were scandinavian, it would've been pretty obvious.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I could tell who his voice actor was, and Soulsborne is very consistence with their VA's XD There was also a promotional screenshot of him, which had the the tagline "A very trust worthy person" and I was like, Yep that's that fucking dick all right.

Really loved it though, Patch fucking survived all the ages to the end of the world. Dude a champ. "A fine dark souls to you!" Like...how old must he be? Five thousand at the least?

There was this super, earth shatteringly controversial plot twist in MGSV XD I started screaming when I found it out. You actually weren't playing as Big Boss, you we're playing as his brainwashed body double (one of his best soldiers). There was a ton of foreshadowing, but I though it was all a red herring cause I didn't know Konjima was crazy enough to do that XD

If you look close enough in the window when your in a helicaptor prep you can see his old face's reflection in the mirror, it was being presented to the player from the start.

MGS-V-Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pai

The Imperial City post

I think that of the many talks with or about Krojun in this post, the stance I agree with most has gotta be Gracchus’. Maybe Witchie has gone a little soft in the sense that he is enjoying the comforts of White Gold more than is healthy, but the very last thing the guy did was murder a bunch of people and basically take over the Elder Council. He’s still very dangerous and powerful, and I think that conversation did a good job of capturing that. I’m glad that Dales came to agree that they couldn’t afford a conflict right now. Hopefully that’ll lead to some future compromises, however reluctant.

Nahfahlaan was fun in his arrogant dragon way. I was really liking his familiar relationship with Krojun for the short time that it lasted. The part where he casually said that the nearby elves were all his cracked me up and I half expected Krojun to take him up on that. Maybe he even did after the scene. XD 

It’s pretty funny that Dales allowed a Telvanni wizard to live in her basement then got so distracted that she basically only found out that he left many months after it happened. :lol: I’m glad someone is finally being sent to his laboratory. That should be a fun scene either on screen or just described later on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh yeah, and Gracchus is like that old cop from the movies who is on the verge of retirement and looking forward to it, but can’t leave the damn force because he’s too good at his job and they keep needing him back. You could feel his freaking soul sighing when Dales mentioned the possibility of a conflict with Krojun after the Great War.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Oh yeah, and Gracchus is like that old cop from the movies who is on the verge of retirement and looking forward to it, but can’t leave the damn force because he’s too good at his job and they keep needing him back. You could feel his freaking soul sighing when Dales mentioned the possibility of a conflict with Krojun after the Great War.

If that’s not the perfect description of him, I don’t know what is :lol:. I tell you one thing, if Dales and Witch are going to have it out, it better be during the war. Because (assuming he survives) once he’s out, his ass is staying out. 

And I agree about Endar, it’s funny that everyone basically just forgot about him, due to a combination of other shit going on and how secluded/private he was. So much so that he disappears for months and they’re only just now wondering what’s up with that. I guess that’s a downside to hiring an eccentric mage for your very important war research. The upside is, hey, he’ll probably figure it out, and maybe even come back when he does!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BTC said:

Hide contents

If that’s not the perfect description of him, I don’t know what is :lol:. I tell you one thing, if Dales and Witch are going to have it out, it better be during the war. Because (assuming he survives) once he’s out, his ass is staying out. 

And I agree about Endar, it’s funny that everyone basically just forgot about him, due to a combination of other shit going on and how secluded/private he was. So much so that he disappears for months and they’re only just now wondering what’s up with that. I guess that’s a downside to hiring an eccentric mage for your very important war research. The upside is, hey, he’ll probably figure it out, and maybe even come back when he does!

Dales: "I need you to roast some traitors old man!

Gracchus: "How the fuck can I throw a fireball when Im walking with a cane, go bother someone else!

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Plus Gracchus is all "remember the child!" He's too good for Tamriel.

Not too good for Li'l Ceno, though.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

@Centurion

Well that was trippy. Lol

But that’s fine. I love me some dream sequences. Especially with Wardruna playing behind them. XD That tree was some fucking cool imagery. It reminded me of the Forsaken chapter in Winds of Winter when Greyjoy saw representations of all the gods impaled on the throne. Plus it was similarly foreboding. I hope the forest vision doesn’t mean he’ll die in Valenwood...

The tattoos are interesting. Did he give them to himself while on his crazy vision quest?

On a different note, I like how introspective Ubbe’s posts are. But I do get a very lonely vibe from them since he often has so little dialogue and seems to get along with so few people. Oh, and hell yeah, Mila cameo! :lol: 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@Centurion

Well that was trippy. Lol

Hide contents

But that’s fine. I love me some dream sequences. Especially with Wardruna playing behind them. XD That tree was some fucking cool imagery. It reminded me of the Forsaken chapter in Winds of Winter when Greyjoy saw representations of all the gods impaled on the throne. Plus it was similarly foreboding. I hope the forest vision doesn’t mean he’ll die in Valenwood...

The tattoos are interesting. Did he give them to himself while on his crazy vision quest?

On a different note, I like how introspective Ubbe’s posts are. But I do get a very lonely vibe from them since he often has so little dialogue and seems to get along with so few people. Oh, and hell yeah, Mila cameo! :lol: 

Lol I literally turn on my Wardruna playlist when I write for Ubbe and zone everything else out.

Visions are visions my dude. Sometimes they are accurate, sometimes they are metaphors. It remains to be seen!

The tattoo’s appeared during is trip, wether he did them himself, or if someone/something else did is up in the air and for y’all to decide.

Ubbe is meant to be a lonely character. I like being able to really dig into what’s going on inside his mind as opposed to what going on around. We have a lot of characters and posts about the big world around, so I like writing about the little world within. Plus I just don’t think it fits much for him to constantly be talking to people or caught up with people anyway considering everyone he’s ever none is dead and gone at this point, not that that won’t change, but for right now it’s what works.

Fuck:dntknw:

5 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Hide contents

The tattoo’s appeared during is trip, wether he did them himself, or if someone/something else did is up in the air and for y’all to decide.

In that case, I’m gonna decide some crazy zealous mountain Nord knocked him over the head and did it. XD 

6 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Plus I just don’t think it fits much for him to constantly be talking to people or caught up with people anyway considering everyone he’s ever none is dead and gone at this point, not that that won’t change, but for right now it’s what works

I agee. It works really well.

• Haha 1