Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Probably the slow regen. XD Unless you’re talking about a game before Skyrim. I think atronachs in Oblivion and Morrowind had a huge magicka pool but couldn’t regenerate it at all without sleep, potions, or absorption.

Thats what I remember.

In Skyrim my mage picked atronach and just used enchantments to counter the slow regen, and magicka absorb enchantments for weapons.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

11 minutes ago, Celan said:

I think it would help to just set the scene a little more clearly, you tend to drop into the action in progress which is good but sometimes hard for the reader to figure out what's going on.

I need a DBZ announcer to set it up for me XD

That or to stop picturing fight scenes like an episode of DBZ.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Probably the slow regen. XD Unless you’re talking about a game before Skyrim. I think the born atronachs in Oblivion and Morrowind had a huge magicka pool but couldn’t regenerate it at all without sleep, potions, or absorption.

Oblivion, yeah. I chose to play a Dunmer atronach mage "for the challenge."

• 2 weeks later...

On the latest post from Witch and BBB

I really enjoyed Krojun's conversation with Naafy. I hadn't expected him to know who Krojun was, but him knowing Krojun made the conversation really interesting. Naafy urging him to reclaim Skyrim was pretty funny, as was his general draconic attitude towards everything. I also really liked that you got a sense of how Krojun was used to dealing with dragons, even if he didn't get exactly what he wanted.

One quick note, only Rimmen and Riverhold are being besieged. So only 2 cities, not 3. 

Dales' relationship with Auriel is a strange one, and I really like the imagery in their conversation. I'm glad Auriel didn't spill the beans on what Baldur did, since that would feel cheap, but I do like doubt sowing in Dales' mind about Baldur. As fun as it is for them to be friends, I think it'd be even more fun if they were enemies.

And speaking of enemies, even with the prodding of her god and Gracchus, I'm curious to see how the conflict between Dales and Krojun will play out. They both seem to recognize the need to work together and not tear Cyrodiil apart, but they are both still stuck on the faults of the other. Krojun thinks Dales inexperienced and immature, she thinks he's murderous and manipulative. Even with their recognition of what they have to do, they both still need to look past the faults of the other and take the steps to actually work together.

Or not. Cyrodiil at war with itself during the Great War could be an interesting story. Though given all the work Krojun and Dales have done to reform Cyrodiil throughout the roleplay, it would be a shame if that all was torn apart. 

Good post, y'all! I look forward to the (I'm assuming?) second part

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BTC said:

On the latest post from Witch and BBB

Hide contents

I really enjoyed Krojun's conversation with Naafy. I hadn't expected him to know who Krojun was, but him knowing Krojun made the conversation really interesting. Naafy urging him to reclaim Skyrim was pretty funny, as was his general draconic attitude towards everything. I also really liked that you got a sense of how Krojun was used to dealing with dragons, even if he didn't get exactly what he wanted.

One quick note, only Rimmen and Riverhold are being besieged. So only 2 cities, not 3. 

Dales' relationship with Auriel is a strange one, and I really like the imagery in their conversation. I'm glad Auriel didn't spill the beans on what Baldur did, since that would feel cheap, but I do like doubt sowing in Dales' mind about Baldur. As fun as it is for them to be friends, I think it'd be even more fun if they were enemies.

And speaking of enemies, even with the prodding of her god and Gracchus, I'm curious to see how the conflict between Dales and Krojun will play out. They both seem to recognize the need to work together and not tear Cyrodiil apart, but they are both still stuck on the faults of the other. Krojun thinks Dales inexperienced and immature, she thinks he's murderous and manipulative. Even with their recognition of what they have to do, they both still need to look past the faults of the other and take the steps to actually work together.

Or not. Cyrodiil at war with itself during the Great War could be an interesting story. Though given all the work Krojun and Dales have done to reform Cyrodiil throughout the roleplay, it would be a shame if that all was torn apart. 

Good post, y'all! I look forward to the (I'm assuming?) second part

That's the only part as far as i'm aware. My personal favourite part of it was the scene with Dales and Gracchus actually, so good work BT XD

Dunmaor isn't Auriel though, she's just claim to be a priest of his, and that he favours Dales in a strange way.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

That's the only part as far as i'm aware. My personal favourite part of it was the scene with Dales and Gracchus actually, so good work BT XD

Dunmaor isn't Auriel though, she's just claim to be a priest of his, and that he favours Dales in a strange way.

Is there not going to be a conversation between Dales and Krojun after the Gracchus and dragon stuff?

Uh oh, mommy and daddy are fighting. XD

Good job guys. An interesting post. I also enjoyed Naafy and his 'tude. He seems to agree with Dales that Krojun has grown soft, interestingly.

IMO Dales is exaggerating how much power the dragon gives her, or how awed people should be by it.

What did Krojun mean that Dales doesn't control the treasury? I was also a little confused about how Theodore knew about the soul binding, remind me what happened there.

• Like 1

Just now, Celan said:

Hide contents

Uh oh, mommy and daddy are fighting. XD

Good job guys. An interesting post. I also enjoyed Naafy and his 'tude. He seems to agree with Dales that Krojun has grown soft, interestingly.

IMO Dales is exaggerating how much power the dragon gives her, or how awed people should be by it.

What did Krojun mean that Dales doesn't control the treasury? I was also a little confused about how Theodore knew about the soul binding, remind me what happened there.

She's high on Dragon juice, it's given an unhealthy boost to her ego.

A little detail I forget to edit out, pay it no mind.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Celan said:

Hide contents

I was also a little confused about how Theodore knew about the soul binding, remind me what happened there.

Theodore was traveling with Gracchus when Gracchus learned about the soul binding from Lorgar’s letter. Thinking it was the rambling of a mad man, Gracchus told Theodore about the soul binding. Once Theo’s dragon dreams started and he thought they were in reference to the Empire or Krojun, and even though Lorgar did seem mad, Theo still took the chance he might be right about the soul binding. So Theo sent the anonymous letter to Albecias about the soul binding, hoping to stir up trouble, since he figured it wouldn’t fall back on him.

Edited by BTC
  • Thanks 1

I didn’t say anything before because it was just the one time with the whole king thing and there was at least some stuff that might make Dales wonder if he killed ulfric but I don’t too much care for this time where the elf thing says Baldur betrayed her trust again.

Theres no hint or reason for her to know this or feel suspicious of such a thing, so it makes it seem like the elf thing indeed is real and aware of everything. There’s too much potential for that to go belly up.

If Dales wants to be suspicious of him for common sense reasons I’m all for it but I don’t think this spirit thing should hint at everything I do.

Not without a heads up at least.

13 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

I didn’t say anything before because it was just the one time with the whole king thing and there was at least some stuff that might make Dales wonder if he killed ulfric but I don’t too much care for this time where the elf thing says Baldur betrayed her trust again.

Theres no hint or reason for her to know this or feel suspicious of such a thing, so it makes it seem like the elf thing indeed is real and aware of everything. There’s too much potential for that to go belly up.

If Dales wants to be suspicious of him for common sense reasons I’m all for it but I don’t think this spirit thing should hint at everything I do.

Not without a heads up at least.

Dunmaor just loves messing with her head 

XD And I would never put you under the bus like that ;) Don't worry, that was a one off thing (because Auriel apparently requested her to throw Dales a bone), her belief is that secrets aren't hers to give, even if she did know, she wouldn't tell Dales.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea that works, it’s vague enough that it could be Gracchus, Lorgar, etc.

is this better? Sorry for the inconvenience.

The She Elf grinned like a wolf, "Perhaps you surround yourself with liars and sycophants? What if I told you one of your "friends" has betrayed your trust and the trust of the Empire?"

"Lies, I trust all of them to stay true to me what could they have done?!" That woke her up.

“Peddling in whispered secrets is unfortunately not in my nature, alas, my fair lady.” She said with her wolfy grin, “Perhaps you should seek a scion of the Webspinner. Or summon the Abyssal Cephaliarch from the depths of the drowned library.” She began counting her fingers, whilst Dales puffered her face out and frowned, 

8 hours ago, Celan said:

It kind of shows that she still has some immaturity issues and Witchie is vindicated in his skepticism.

One question, what caused the Penitus Oculatus to be removed as Dales' guard, is that because of Lilly and Krojun?

No Dales did it as punishment for failing the last two Emperors