Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

A little more brief than I expected. Perhaps a bit rushed and the surviving council members’ reaction to the murder afterwards was oddly calm but aside from that I think this post turned out better than the previous one.

Theres still probably gonna be opposition to the murder of council members unless Lilly found something they can show as proof but it won’t be as bad as if he’d murdered the entire council at least.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

one other thing that’s unclear, exactly how many are dead? They named three councilors in the conspiracy but if I recall Krojun said a third of the council is all that’s left? Or is it a third that’s dead? Because killing two thirds of the council seems unrealistic if so.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

We've been going from that there are 30 council seats and about 10 conspirators plus Harper. So that would make the killing one third of the council, if you disregard the already empty seats left by High Rock. Which numbered 4 or 5. Otherwise it could be said less than half of the remaining council was killed. 

Edited by Witchking of Angmar

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

I definitely liked this version better in many ways. Besides it being more realistic, I think that the councilors getting more focus in their big “climax” helped the post a lot. Made it feel less like it was all about Krojun and Lilly and more like it was about Cyrodiil in general.

I also liked Krojun and Lilly’s interactions in this one a lot more. Felt less creepy and cold.

So does this mean that the timelines are all caught up now? If so, I’m anxious to see what comes next with Dales returning to see that Krojun has taken power with the council and for him to see that her soul is free and she’s got a dragon. :lol:

I am so glad that Leda is still alive. There was too much potential in the hardcore Nibenese nationalist faction to kill it off so soon and so easily before they achieve anything.

• Like 3

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Though I suppose that the Roscrean mercenary post would have to still be further along in the timeline since it would be a little weird for that to take place before Krojun and Dales reunite. Unless he happened to be in his secret lair or something when she returned.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I am so glad that Leda is still alive. There was too much potential in the hardcore Nibenese nationalist faction to kill it off so soon and so easily before they achieve anything.

I’m interested to see how or if this plays out on a couple fronts. I can’t imagine the Nibenean nationalist political faction died with Doron, and so I expect that might come up. But with Leda still alive and the Divine Order out there, a potential conflict between them and a Nibenean cult could be really cool.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Though I suppose that the Roscrean mercenary post would have to still be further along in the timeline since it would be a little weird for that to take place before Krojun and Dales reunite. Unless he happened to be in his secret lair or something when she returned.

He would never spend more than a few hours in his northern home. And he’d always make sure he’s back by nightfall to be with Lilly. So yeah, the timeline is really jumbled.

Edited by Witchking of Angmar

1 minute ago, BTCollins said:

Hide contents

I’m interested to see how or if this plays out on a couple fronts. I can’t imagine the Nibenean nationalist political faction died with Doron, and so I expect that might come up. But with Leda still alive and the Divine Order out there, a potential conflict between them and a Nibenean cult could be really cool.

I can’t imagine that either. Especially with this post making it even more crystal clear that Leda was the heart of that movement. Doron seemed to have had one foot in their customs and the other in poltics. If anything, this should increase their zeal. I could see it becoming a fight for their lives since I doubt Leda being his wife is something that White Gold’s spies would have overlooked.

Right now we’ve got three major religious factions in Cyrodiil that I could see creating friction with White Gold. The obvious ones are these Alessian cultists and the coven in Chorrol once word reaches Dales and Krojun of what they’ve been up to. The Divine Order could come into play in quite a few ways going forward. They’d hate the coven and presumably the Alessians, but I could also see them not being the biggest fans of Krojun and Dales either. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

24 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

He would never spend more than a few hours in his northern home. And he’d always make sure he’s back by nightfall to be with Lilly. So yeah, the timeline is really jumbled.

It was pointed to in the post, right when Dales returns they equip their kit until they're told the audience will be in a few days. Fucking Wimperials.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

I can’t imagine that either. Especially with this post making it even more crystal clear that Leda was the heart of that movement. Doron seemed to have had one foot in their customs and the other in poltics. If anything, this should increase their zeal. I could see it becoming a fight for their lives since I doubt Leda being his wife is something that White Gold’s spies would have overlooked.

Right now we’ve got three major religious factions in Cyrodiil that I could see creating friction with White Gold. The obvious ones are these Alessian cultists and the coven in Chorrol once word reaches Dales and Krojun of what they’ve been up to. The Divine Order could come into play in quite a few ways going forward. They’d hate the coven and presumably the Alessians, but I could also see them not being the biggest fans of Krojun and Dales either. 

Yeah, I could see the Divine Order and palace allying to take down Leda. It’s an alliance that makes sense and neither has much to lose from. But if Krojun and Dales decide it’s too risky for Lilly and her family to do anything about the coven, I can see that being a point of conflict between the Divine Order and palace. Assuming it gets out. Even if not, like you said, the Divine Order could just take issue with Dales and Krojun as pretty irreligious people

2 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I could see the Divine Order and palace allying to take down Leda. It’s an alliance that makes sense and neither has much to lose from. But if Krojun and Dales decide it’s too risky for Lilly and her family to do anything about the coven, I can see that being a point of conflict between the Divine Order and palace. Assuming it gets out. Even if not, like you said, the Divine Order could just take issue with Dales and Krojun as pretty irreligious people

I think that Krojun and Dales’ true beliefs would be a good deal worse than irreligious in the eyes of a zealot of the Nine. Having people on the throne who worship Alduin and Auriel could be seen as a pretty major heresy. Although the former is not well known.

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

I think that Krojun and Dales’ true beliefs would be a good deal worse than irreligious in the eyes of a zealot of the Nine. Having people on the throne who worship Alduin and Auriel could be seen as a pretty major heresy. Although the former is not well known.

Dales is actually, in unflattering terms, a fair weather "follower" 

XD She dosen't quite worship him, but if he's giving her gifts, which include divine favour, there's no reason not too XD If it was any other deity, she would do the same thing. She's really not a religious person.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Reveal hidden contents

Dales is actually, in unflattering terms, a fair weather "follower" 

XD She dosen't quite worship him, but if he's giving her gifts, which include divine favour, there's no reason not too XD If it was any other deity, she would do the same thing. She's really not a religious person.

Good news for Dales! There are apriximately 16 known “deities” in the Arubis who are known for regularly doing exactly that!

I mean it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for people to learn of Yornar's patron god (I didn't know he worshiped Alduin), Nords would be mortified but he could spin it as worshipping a Nordic version of Akatosh.

Isn't really far from the truth and what Imperials already think.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I mean it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for people to learn of Yornar's patron god (I didn't know he worshiped Alduin), Nords would be mortified but he could spin it as worshipping a Nordic version of Akatosh.

Isn't really far from the truth and what Imperials already think.

I imagine that would be fine for most people who aren’t zealots, but it’s the Divine Order that I’m referring to, not your average Cyrod.

Although he is the ruler of Cyrodiil, not some average Joe. Wouldn’t be too surprising if Imperials at least wanted their Emperor to follow the Imperial faith and not an abstract Nordic one that even the Nords consider antagonistic.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah I was more speaking to the (what I imagine is) common perception of them being pretty irreligious. If the Divine Order knew the truth, it’d be even worse

• 3 weeks later...

Good post Celan.

Interesting to see how Maggie is now coming to use her father's hidden magics. But it remains to be seen what more she'll find. Especially if she finds something really old. 

Also interesting to see how the relationship between her and Yornar has affected her and still does. Though we'll see how that goes. If they ever meet again I'm sure there'll be quite a bit of drama. 

• Thanks 1

I really liked your post, Celan

It’s  cool to see how Maggie is dealing with the death of her father and the vacuum that leaves. And I liked learning more about her husband. The note about him being charismatic but basically a pawn in Order politics was cool. Speaking of, I’ll be curious to see how the Order comes into play moving forward with Darius death. I don’t know how their leadership works, but he seemed pretty highly placed.

Anyway, good post and I look forward to seeing where Maggie’s story goes since I don’t have a great sense of what next for her. Though as Witch mentioned, I can see some interesting stuff coming from her new, non romantic relationship with Yornar and how that develops.

• Thanks 1

@Celan

Great post. The stuff Maggie found in the first Darius journal was pretty chilling. Especially the parts about how he had been shaping her since before her birth and how he could’ve casually gotten rid of her at any time without a bit of remorse.

It’s nice to see her back in the saddle of politicking and plotting, and even more so honing her skills with these old magicks. It’s hard to guess what part she’s gonna play going forward, but I look forward to finding out.

• Thanks 1

On your new post, Doc, Colonel, and Celan

I did not expect this reunion to go so well. It was great to finally see Boldir and Mila reunited with the Red-Snows, though I worry just how effective Baldur's plan will be. I think it'll take more than some tattoos and a shaved head to ensure Boldir is safe, even if Mila seems to be in the clear.

And even though they're all together, I can't help but shake the sense that there's a rift between them now. Maybe it's just because of Mila and how she feels about the whole thing, but I also imagine that the journeys they all have been on have created some gaps that can't ever be filled. They're different people than they were in Whiterun. At least, it feels like that to me. It'll be interesting to see what their relationship is like going forward and how things change, or if they do. 

I think I'm most interested in where Mila goes from here. With Valga being her magical tutor, she has a lot of potential to grow into a competent mage. But Valga definitely seems to be the devil on her shoulder, and nothing good can come from her sowing doubt about Baldur in Mila's mind. Even if Mila was trending that direction on her own before Valga even showed up.

Poor Trevis. I liked him and was excited to see what he'd get up to going forward, even if it makes sense Baldur wouldn't let him live. I'll be curious to see what the Oculatus does, though. They'll probably assume he died in the shipwreck, and there don't seem to be any other leads for them to follow to Mila and Boldir. Though like I said, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume someone will recognize Boldir, tattoos or not. Thankfully for them, the war is about the biggest distraction there is, so I imagine the Oculatus is going to be fairly busy with that.

Man, this felt like an old REBBABO post, though much darker than those usually were. Really speaks to how things have changed. It'll be interesting to see how those changes affect them going forward. Great job, y'all

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Nice post. A bit long though and I wouldn't have minded if it was broken up into smaller chunks. Mainly so there's easier stopping points for taking breaks between reading. 

It was nice to see the reunion, but I do find Mila's feelings and possible plans the most interesting. Especially if she plans to run away, which I kinda support since I think Mila taking on the world herself would probably be a good read. 

Baldur however seems to be going down the rabbit hole in a bad way. He lacks tact and easily let his emotions make him brazen and arrogant. Which seems to rack him up enemies. I'm sure it will come back to bite him in the ass at some point. And despite Rebec being stubborn and somewhat narrow-minded at times I think she'll be the voice of reason that can save his ass from getting chewed up complete. 

• Thanks 1