Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

3 hours ago, Celan said:

How can they serve the empress/emperor in that capacity if they're not trusted? Bad intelligence can kill you pretty quick.

Is there any other large and established group that can provide a service on this scale in the Empire? XD 

Dales doesn't trust them guarding her, that dosen't mean she dosen't have faith in their ability to be spies and special police. They kinda get a bad rep as bodyguards, but in the books, game, and RP, they do one hell of a job in there other role. 

12 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They kinda get a bad rep as bodyguards

To be honest, all the bodyguard groups in TES have pretty bad track records, including the ones in the RP right now. The Blades were even worse than the PO. And both Dales and Krojun would be dead twice over under the Gray Wolves’ protection if they weren’t competent enough to survive assassination attempts on their own. Mede or Motierre would be dead in their shoes.

Same goes for Baldur, though I’d give the Grim Ones a bit more of a pass since it was a story point that he was not using them for protection as effectively as he knew he should’ve been, making it more his fault than theirs. There haven’t been any attempts on his or Rebec’s life since he rectified that.

• Like 2

I kinda took inspiration from Halo 2, remember when the Elites fail at protecting Regret, so Truth makes political power move and replaces the Honor Guards with Brute ones? 

9c89adbb76aad1c045d3ad67f95ee9d3e15c119a

And remember how Dales has always been associated with her white clad guards? It was her way of rewarding them for always being there for her, and as a show of favor.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And remember how Dales has always been associated with her white clad guards? It was her way of rewarding them for always being there for her, and as a show of favor.

But they weren’t always there for her. Dales has nearly been assassinated multiple times and only survived because she’s a badass.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Makes you appreciate good ol’ Sir Maric. Theo didn’t have to lift a finger when elves tried to kill him. That’s how you guard a body.  :lol: 

Good thing Theo will always have Maric there to protect him! :P 

• Haha 1

@ColonelKillaBee

A cliffhanger?? Why you gotta do us that way? Oh well. I bet if we share this post on Facebook, Unrivaled will smell blood and come back to us. XD 

Jokes aside, though.

Loved seeing some more of Hammerfell. The desert monsters, the architecture, the unique gods, all that was on point. :thumbup: And this post was a great introduction to Jadaka and Madura. I really enjoyed their chemistry. Hopefully you ain’t jerking us around here and Jadaka isn’t just gonna die by Sain’s hands.

By the way, what is it with you and flute-playing Redguards? Lol. Honestly I’m just jealous because Boldir has officially been dethroned as the king of using a woodwind to move giant creatures. XD It’s such a niche market that I thought he could corner it.

Last but not least, Velehk fucking Sain! The surprise came early for me in our PM, but it was still a joy to read him IC. No way he dies in the next post. Not after all the set-up with him spying on the alliance and shit. You’re plotting something big and I’m excited to see what that is. Dude is scary.

• Thanks 1

The Ra Gada Ravager himself XD 

I honestly forgot about Jodun lol, but I never got to show what the flute actually was for :P Maybe since he's busy in other lands, I can finally show it off a little, lol.

Of course not ;) But I am gonna take a page from GRRM and you :whistling: 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Of course not ;) But I am gonna take a page from GRRM and you :whistling: 

I don’t know about me, but the twist with you-know-who being in disguise all along, even in scenes with the rest of us participating, was a very GRRM-esq twist already. Reminds me of a plotline that’s not in the show where a character turns out to be a Faceless Man.

• Thanks 1

I wasn't thinking of it at the time but I might've been influenced by Supernatural a bit. There were several times where they introduced a character and they ended up being something completely different from what you expected. God was some nerd cult classic author that was writing the gospel of Sam and Dean, the main characters lol, we just thought he was a prophet of the Lord, not the Lord himself. Gabriel was first a "trickster", then Loki, then we found out he was the Gabriel himself, messenger of God in hiding.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee