Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

That's my nigga. Obviously I read already but thought I'd say that here anyway lol.

And now that I know about

The goat in norse mythology since I honestly didn't before, I love the running joke XD

I was pretty torn over this post when I read it since on one hand, this sort of redemption is what Baldur had intended in the first place, but on the other it turned out much more brutal than I/he intended as well lol. And obviously there were things that were just not in Baldur's power to control. 

However, Boldir handled it as expected all the same. That was a hard fucking read, but I loved it.

• Thanks 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

On Doc's post

I knew it was probably going to happen sooner or later, but folks finding out about Boldir was worse than I expected. Well, maybe not worse in that he's still alive, but that was sooner and more brutal than I expected it to be. I'm still loving Hrondar's not even disguised hate for Boldir. Even knowing why Boldir did it, it's hard not to sympathize with the folks who didn't know why and only know what he did and so want to make him pay for it. 

I'm excited to see Mila is both embracing the Nordic gods and magic. If her dad and Baldur and Rebec find out about the latter and don't approve, she can at least impress them with the former. Though if he 'faces' a dragon and survives, I don't think they'll much care if it was magic or not. Though knowing Nahfahlaan, I'm not sure how much danger she'll be in.

Did he kill Gerdolf and that other recruits he stabbed? I know he crippled Hrondar, according to Heidrun (!). But if so, that's fucking brutal. I know people die in the Grim Trials but it's one thing to freeze to death or drown, and another to have one of the other soldiers kill you. Though I seem to remember that maybe happening before. But that wasn't by Boldir, who it might be different for because of his past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@BTC

Yes, he killed Gerdolf and a few of the others, and crippled Hrondar. It’s not the first time people have been killed by other soldiers in the trials. I’m sure it could be argued that the last one at least was murder, but seeing as how they would’ve likely killed him come Tsunwihk anyway, Boldir was pretty low on options.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BTC

Hide contents

Yes, he killed Gerdolf and a few of the others, and crippled Hrondar. It’s not the first time people have been killed by other soldiers in the trials. I’m sure it could be argued that the last one at least was murder, but seeing as how they would’ve likely killed him come Tsunwihk anyway, Boldir was pretty low on options.

I guess I figured they would've stopped pushing him so hard come Tsunwihk, but yeah, if they weren't going to then it was basically self defense. Still, knowing that's the treatment Boldir was getting before, I'm worried there might be some blowback. Whether from Heidrun, Hrondar, or the Grim Ones in general.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m glad that you’re catching all the goat family references. XD Our joke may have spawned a subplot. 

Man, if I knew this was what was going to come out of that stupid joke, I would've held my tongue. Poor Boldir has to suffer a lot because of some damned goats

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, BTC said:

Man, if I knew this was what was going to come out of that stupid joke, I would've held my tongue. Poor Boldir has to suffer a lot because of some damned goats

If it makes you feel any better, Hrondar’s character would’ve happened regardless, just under a different name. Whatever Heidrun goes on to do however is 100% your fault.

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

@

Reveal hidden contents

Mila learning magic y'all should know by now that Baldur wouldn't care.

It's the how and from whom that would bother him.

Yup. She’s keeping it secret for a few reasons but the biggest is so nobody targets Valga. That, and while marks and recalls are well and good, soul trapping is gonna be a lot more frowned at.

There’s also the more personal reason that Mila genuinely wants to be more like a Nord. Keeping magic completely separate from the rest of her life makes it easier to act like how thinks a Nord is supposed to be.

• Haha 1

Wonderful post Doc N' Colonel (

BEST FRIENDS!)

Poor Boldir getting the paint beaten out of him, speaking of which Im surprised how nobody mentioned how sad that was having his daughter's paint forced off his face. That's like having your child's teacher put your girl's painting through the shreader... And then the faculty beats you up?

Mila looks to be advancing with help from the nectar-drinker. Of course with the robed priest I gotta ask, was that a nod to me or was he a Nordic/islanders priest? Speaking of which so much time has passed by that the stuff I want to write with Colonel is behind the current events.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wonderful post Doc N' Colonel (

BEST FRIENDS!)

Poor Boldir getting the paint beaten out of him, speaking of which Im surprised how nobody mentioned how sad that was having his daughter's paint forced off his face. That's like having your child's teacher put your girl's painting through the shreader... And then the faculty beats you up?

Mila looks to be advancing with help from the nectar-drinker. Of course with the robed priest I gotta ask, was that a nod to me or was he a Nordic/islanders priest? Speaking of which so much time has passed by that the stuff I want to write with Colonel is behind the current events.

Thank! I was a little surprised that didn’t get mentioned too. To me it stung more than the beatings, considering how much emphasis was on Mila painting him at the beginning.

He was just a normal Nordic priest. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Thank! I was a little surprised that didn’t get mentioned too. To me it stung more than the beatings, considering how much emphasis was on Mila painting him at the beginning.

He was just a normal Nordic priest. 

That was a symbolic punch to be sure. When I read it my first concern was that it would open him up to his identity being discovered. I’m not sure how large a part that played in it but that’s what jumped to my mind first.

On Colonel's new post

Seems like quite a bit has changed since Jeleen made it back from the moot. Or maybe, Jabreel was Velehk Sain the whole time :shock:

I am surprised at what's going on in Hammerfell. And a bit confused about how Jeleen and Jabreel got tied into this plot with Velehk. Well, not confused exactly, more just curious about how it happened and how it ties into Jabreel assassinating Jeleen's rivals. Which leads me to...

The new characters! Jadaka the suave pirate and assassin, Madura the dingy but skilled mage. I really liked them both, and thought this post did a great job of introducing their personalities and skills. I'm curious how they'll get out of this fight with Velehk and how things will shake out with the royal family. They were hired to kill Jabreel, but considering things are not at all what they seemed like with the royals, I'm wondering if they'll end up working with them instead. 

Also, this line gave me a good laugh: "Your bedroom voice is so obvious and stupid that you could pass for a politician in Skyrim."

Oh, and Crawley? I like him already so he better not die

• Thanks 1

I was so nervous about this post tbh, so glad you enjoyed it :lol: 

It’s been a while since I’ve written alone, even managed not to give Doc a sneak peak first XD though he is a bit more aware of what’s going on with Velehk Sain only because it’s important enough that I figured I needed to consult another GM.

Ill definitely explain a lot of what’s going on in the next post. Had to leave you hanging a bit since the post introduces a whole lot already and we’ve been gone from Hammerfell for quite a while so there’ll be some catching up.

Only thing I will say is....

Youre exactly right XD Even up there in the moot. Makes sense no? One man continuously and openly assassinating his targets until they submit? Someone that badass certainly had to be someone special. 

In fact I was hoping someone would’ve said that’s a little too badass for anyone not Cyrus the Restless

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I was so nervous about this post tbh, so glad you enjoyed it :lol: 

Hide contents

It’s been a while since I’ve written alone, even managed not to give Doc a sneak peak first XD though he is a bit more aware of what’s going on with Velehk Sain only because it’s important enough that I figured I needed to consult another GM.

Ill definitely explain a lot of what’s going on in the next post. Had to leave you hanging a bit since the post introduces a whole lot already and we’ve been gone from Hammerfell for quite a while so there’ll be some catching up.

Only thing I will say is....

Youre exactly right XD Even up there in the moot. Makes sense no? One man continuously and openly assassinating his targets until they submit? Someone that badass certainly had to be someone special. 

In fact I was hoping someone would’ve said that’s a little too badass for anyone not Cyrus the Restless

It was Velehk the whole time? Does Jabreel even exist? If so, where's the real Jabreel? How much do Jeleen and the Queen know?

I didn't think it was outlandish at all considering Jeleen made it clear that Jabreel was doing it pretty openly. That made me think he wasn't being too careful. Not to mention that as far as I remember it wasn't specifically said how many he killed, so I was imagining the number was on the smaller side, with him only having to kill so many before the rest fell in line. Now, knowing it was a dremora, it makes sense if the death total was higher than I was imagining. Can't say I expected the Redguards of all people to get mixed up in magical shit like this

• Like 1

One thing I learned from eso is that no matter who you are, when desperate enough, everyone in Tamriel can resort to extreme measures, or possibly be tricked by nefarious forces, etc... Question is who and how as you said, which I’ll share in the next post :P 

edit:

As for the number I figured it had to be a little high to get Redguards to submit to anything.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

Oh and 

Crawley will be a prominent side character ;) kinda like my very own R2-D2

edit 

its pronounced exactly how it sounds but Madura’s accent makes it sound like Crowley still when she says it.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee
  • Like 1

Great posts guys. Mila's development with Valga is always entertaining. I'm a little confused about Mila's ability to cast, she is Atronach birthsign correct? Meaning she has very little native magicka and has to absorb it. Is she absorbing from Valga?

A very interesting development in Hammerfell. I was a little confused about what was happening in the scene sometimes.

Why was Madura outside the palace? Where did the dwemer spider come from, if that's what it was?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Celan said:

I'm a little confused about Mila's ability to cast, she is Atronach birthsign correct? meaning she has very little native magicka and has to absorb it. Is she absorbing from Valga?

Atronachs have more native magicka than any other star sign. They just regenerate it on their own much more slowly and absorb magic to compensate.

And while I have her listed as one, it’s really just because that’s the standing stone she touched back in Eastmarch. I’ve never specified what stars she was actually born under.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Atronachs have more native magicka than any other star sign. They just regenerate it on their own much more slowly and absorb magic to compensate.

And while I have her listed as one, it’s really just because that’s the standing stone she touched back in Eastmarch. I’ve never specified what stars she was actually born under.

I was probably confused because when I played one it seemed like I never had any magicka. XD

15 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Thx btw, that’s something I would’ve forgot to explain in my next post. Think I need to keep notes like Collins 

I think it would help to just set the scene a little more clearly, you tend to drop into the action in progress which is good but sometimes hard for the reader to figure out what's going on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Celan said:

I was probably confused because when I played one it seemed like I never had any magicka. XD

Probably the slow regen. XD Unless you’re talking about a game before Skyrim. I think the born atronachs in Oblivion and Morrowind had a huge magicka pool but couldn’t regenerate it at all without sleep, potions, or absorption.