Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

Never said I was trying to cast aside what you’ve wrote and established. I made a joke about Baldur being from Cyrodiil and being influenced by elves. Wasn’t serious. To Baldur, Shor is the snake. To Ubbe Shor is the fox.

Baldur is from Markarth lol, and even so he was raised in the Ysmir worshippping Bruma.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I don’t recall Shor being represented as a fox but I think the fact that we’ve been in charge of Skyrim and handling the Shor representation for the most part definitely gives me some authority on the matter here...

You’ve been in charge of the Stormcloak faction but I’ve been writing Skyrim content from the beginning same as y’all. Nobody is disputing your depictions of Shor as a snake or trying to push them aside. Those existed before the RP and I’ve never had a problem with them. But I’ve never gone by them either, just let it be a belief of your and Celan’s characters. Most modern Nords don’t mess with as much symbolism as he does anyhow, so it’s not a big issue.

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’d argue it does moreso than a fox, 

Both are generally trickster archetypes. But foxes tend to represent craftiness and guile whole tend to represent treachery and deceitfulness. 

I don’t think the Nords would shy away from using a snake totem, but I prefer it as an antagonistic figure in their pantheon just like he dragon. And personally think it fits better. I know you disagree. That’s fine. I like the interpretation of them using the snake because it’s scary to elves too. Just not as much.

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I don’t at all agree with this either. For one eso is  in the 2nd era, Skyrim takes place later on and for all we know the fox could be an outdated representation of Shor that no longer is present in the well, present. Especially since the next games very unlikely to even touch on this, there’s nothing backing this idea.

So you think the Nords randomly and universally went from snake to fox to snake again across three eras? That seems more than a little strange to me.

But even if we roll with that, it still doesn’t dismiss that ESO establishes for certain that there was a period where the majority of Nords used the fox, which isn’t insignificant. Even if they don’t anymore, that much is set in stone unless we get a hard retcon like Cyrodiil as a jungle or some shit.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

You’ve been in charge of the Stormcloak faction but I’ve been writing Skyrim content from the beginning same as y’all. Nobody is disputing your depictions of Shor as a snake or trying to push them aside. Those existed before the RP and I’ve never had a problem with them. But I’ve never gone by them either, just let it be a belief of your and Celan’s characters. Most modern Nords don’t mess with as much symbolism as he does anyhow, so it’s not a big issue.

Both are generally trickster archetypes. But foxes tend to represent craftiness and guile whole tend to represent treachery and deceitfulness. 

I don’t think the Nords would shy away from using a snake totem, but I prefer it as an antagonistic figure in their pantheon just like he dragon. And personally think it fits better. I know you disagree. That’s fine. I like the interpretation of them using the snake because it’s scary to elves too. Just not as much.

So you think the Nords randomly and universally went from snake to fox to snake again across three eras? That seems more than a little strange to me.

But even if we roll with that, it still doesn’t dismiss that ESO establishes for certain that there was a period where the majority of Nords used the fox, which isn’t insignificant. Even if they don’t anymore, that much is set in stone unless we get a hard retcon like Cyrodiil as a jungle or some shit.

No offense but your character also left and went to Cyrodiil ;) Since then my characters been starting a cultural renaissance and spreading his idea of the old ways so I cannot just restrict it to my characters alone and Celan’s.

Im not saying every or even most Nords would suddenly think he’s a snake but I’m just saying I have a plan for Skyrim in the long run that you’re aware of and that will include a decent amount of Nords. Everyone’s still obviously free to do as they will but yea.

And cultural shifts happen all the time, even back and forth as you said. They don’t know for sure what the ancient Nords saw the gods as so it’s not that strange, especially with scholarly disagreements.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

No offense but your character also left and went to Cyrodiil ;) Since then my characters been starting a cultural renaissance and spreading his idea of the old ways so I cannot just restrict it to my characters alone and Celan’s.

Im not saying every or even most Nords would suddenly think he’s a snake but I’m just saying I have a plan for Skyrim in the long run that you’re aware of and that will include a decent amount of Nords. Everyone’s still obviously free to do as they will but yea.

And cultural shifts happen all the time, even back and forth as you said. They don’t know for sure what the ancient Nords saw the gods as so it’s not that strange, especially with scholarly disagreements.

Please don't turn this into a dick measuring contest (and this is me whose saying it...) XD

I didn’t say anything like that. All I was saying is that it’s been a while since Doc has written for Skyrim, it’s almost been years. And I’ve been writing for Skyrim that whole time, meaning that I have been shaping and planning a lot. It’s not about dick measuring, not sure how you even got that, it’s just a simple fact.

In fact for a long time, I was the only one writing in Skyrim.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

24 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

No offense but your character also left and went to Cyrodiil ;)

Only after two and a half chapters, and even then they came back and I immediately started contributing to Skyrim again beyond just my characters. That all counts for something. And it’s not like I didn’t help at all while I was gone. I was going over the Nordic renaissance ideas with you, including ideas and visions of my own, long before Boldir came back.

But that’s beside the point. I have no problems with your plans going forward, because like you said, we’ve talked about them together plenty and I’m a fan. If Baldur has the whole of Skyrim seeing Shor as a snake by the end of the decade, I’m cool with that too. I just do not want to dismiss the fact that the fox symbolism exists as well, even if Baldur’s actions lead to it going by the wayside culturally.

I’m not saying it does not count, and I obviously appreciate your contributions. And just as it should be recognized that you did contribute, it should also be recognized that I was indeed the primary writer for Skyrim for most of this RP. In my opinion. And that should count for something as well.  

It wasn’t to say that you have no say, obviously that’s not true. And I’m fine with the fox thing existing in some form