Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #12

Pick the Princes that you, a denizen of Tamriel, would most want to worship from each group  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Group 1

• Azura
    • Mehrunes Dagon
    • Vaermina
    • Nocturnal
    • Sheogorath
  2. 2. Group 2

• Hermaeus Mora
    • Malacath
    • Meridia
    • Namira
    • Sanguine
  3. 3. Round 3

• Peryite
    • Clavicus Vile
    • Boethiah
    • Hircine
    • Mephala
    • Molag Bal

57 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Look at it's like to dislike ratio on youtube

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

All that means is Bethesda successfully attracted the multiplayer crowd that probably never showed interest in a bethesda title before.

And honestly even if the rest of the ass kissers are jumping onboard who will literally buy anything Bethesda dishes out including card games that take big steamy shits all over their lore... Fuck them. They can hop off the end of my dick to be honest. 

They too are free to do what they will with their money. I ain't touching it unless they "patch in" real quests.

Like I said, I'll try the beta at the very least but I doubt I'll be buying this.

All I can say is if this extra avenue of revenue for them keeps them from fucking with the mod scene then perhaps its not entirely a bad thing after all. But that's all I'll say for it. Fallout 76 had a lot of potential to work with and story potential wise it feels like a major waste to me.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s the whole conference, including Doom, TES 6, and shit. Not just Fallout 76.

And the Fallout subreddit was in full meltdown mode the last two days. Way more negative than positive. 

No it's the Fallout 76 part of the conference. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

No it's the Fallout 76 part of the conference. 

Fair enough. In that case, it’s like Colonel and Centurion said. Go to dedicated Fallout forums and you will find tons and tons of negativity, mainly in the top posts. Overall, it’s not the fans who are excited for this. It’s people who don’t care about Fallout and are just excited to get a big new multiplayer game with a sticker on it that they recognize. 

On another less salty note, Death Stranding sounds pretty intriguing actually. Wasn't very interested before because of how fucking weird it was but this seems pretty cool if true:

http://invokingbees.tumblr.com/post/174841487879/im-so-intrigued-by-death-stranding-dawg-im-deep

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I do that too. XD Not for the coat, though. I just think it makes for good storytelling to have that be the Lone Wanderer’s first experience of murder in the Wasteland. I like to RP that it teaches him how untrustworthy people can be out here, and to never let his guard down.

But you miss out on the experience of beating Mr. Burke to death with your trusty Vault 101 baseball bat.

31 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Most of us would not even be talking about this game right now if it didn’t have the Fallout name on it. It’ll sell better than any of those other multiplayer survival games for that reason alone. 

Which is why it's so egregious. They're just whoring out the things we love, even worse than they've done with Skyrim.

Honestly this sounds to me like Bethesda realizing they suck at dialogue and story and just giving up. Or the planning meeting gone wrong, as Centurion wrote. XD

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

On another less salty note, Death Stranding sounds pretty intriguing actually. Wasn't very interested before because of how fucking weird it was but this seems pretty cool if true:

http://invokingbees.tumblr.com/post/174841487879/im-so-intrigued-by-death-stranding-dawg-im-deep

Dude I fucking told you to give it a chance because I knew it was going to interest you XD Some of the shit is super creepy (Like the tentacles monster in the ocean and those bloody  umbilical cord phantoms that dragged sam into the pit of hands) 

57 minutes ago, Celan said:

But you miss out on the experience of beating Mr. Burke to death with your trusty Vault 101 baseball bat.

I mean, you can still do that right after whats his face dies, I kill Burke right after he pulls out his smg.

More Fallout 76 info I scrounged up 

Raiders are not in the wastes in any large numbers. Instead there's "scorchers", sentient non feral Ghouls who we're unlikely enough not to get a place in the vaults, and now roam the wasteland in large warbands trying to scavenge a living. They function like Raiders from past games.  I like these dudes alot from what they sound like, cause it's so soon after the nukes. 

Detailed mutation system. There's alot more mutations you can stumble upon that grant unique abilities, that are very powerful, but are balanced by giving you massive side effects. Can be removed by a skilled doctor and "other methods. 

Diseases have been added. Didn't go into details about that. 

Items have durability and wear away over time. Food decomposes over time.

They said they don’t want nukes to simply be a matter of nuking other players, so... Dropping a nuke will mutate the land and fauna in that area resulting in higher level creatures and potential for better loot. 

Trading system confirmed. Players can barter with each other for goods. Mentions you can run a restaurant, and sell cat stakes. 

And when you quit the game your base camp goes with you (So people cant destroy your base when your gone) and if your nuked, you can repair your stuff someway.

Robots, Terminals, and the environment will give you quests. 

In the documentary they revealed some of the main story. After the nuclear apocalypse, these larges beasts, known as Scorched Beasts, emerged from fissures in the earth. The goal in 76 is to find the nukes and launch them at the beasts, as well as their fissures to prevent more from escaping.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

In the documentary they revealed some of the main story. After the nuclear apocalypse, these larges beasts, known as Scorched Beasts, emerged from fissures in the earth. The goal in 76 is to find the nukes and launch them at the beasts, as well as their fissures to prevent more from escaping.

Sounds like a “hey can I get your answers? Sure just change some words so it doesn’t look like we cheated” version of the Metro plot

• Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw:

5 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Sounds like a “hey can I get your answers? Sure just change some words so it doesn’t look like we cheated” version of the Metro plot

But unfortunately in this we aint getting bad russian accents and hours of vokda drinking scenes XD You do have a point. Dark Ones=Scorched Beasts 

@TheCzarsHussar Lady N agrees with you:

http://ladynerevar.tumblr.com/post/174844855180/lady-ns-tesiv-location-megathread-replying-to

I sure fucking hope it's Hammerfell. Not just because fuck yea Ra Gada, but also?

IT'LL BE THE FIRST TES GAME IN A PROVINCE WITHOUT THE FUCKING EMPIRE CAN I GET A HELL FUCKING YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

@TheCzarsHussar Lady N agrees with you:

http://ladynerevar.tumblr.com/post/174844855180/lady-ns-tesiv-location-megathread-replying-to

I sure fucking hope it's Hammerfell. Not just because fuck yea Ra Gada, but also?

IT'LL BE THE FIRST TES GAME IN A PROVINCE WITHOUT THE FUCKING EMPIRE CAN I GET A HELL FUCKING YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont you fucking doubt me when it comes to dirt n' shit :letsgo:

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Dont you fucking doubt me when it comes to dirt n' shit :letsgo:

Hey hey, I didn't say Todd confirmed it lol I said Lady N agrees with you, lol.

I still think it's generic enough that they could have it be in several locations and far away enough that they can change their mind. 

But I do think Hammerfell is the most likely location. Yall better be ready because I'm gonna be loud, proud, and belligerent as FUCK if that day comes. You thought black folks were bad when Obeezy got elected, wait till you see me loading up TES VI: Hammerfell for the first time XD  

I hope the themesongs gonna be Nerevar Rising with a trap mix in the back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hey hey, I didn't say Todd confirmed it lol I said Lady N agrees with you, lol.

I still think it's generic enough that they could have it be in several locations and far away enough that they can change their mind. 

But I do think Hammerfell is the most likely location. Yall better be ready because I'm gonna be loud, proud, and belligerent as FUCK if that day comes. You thought black folks were bad when Obeezy got elected, wait till you see me loading up TES VI: Hammerfell for the first time XD  

I hope the themesongs gonna be Nerevar Rising with a trap mix in the back.

I’m gonna play an Imperial with the complexion option that’s closest to being sunburnt

• Haha 2

Fuck:dntknw:

I really liked the aesthetic. I thought it was a good break from the Cyberpunk images of Blade Runner and Altered Carbon, bright and sunny and no rain in sight lol. And given the setting looks like Los Angeles or California, I can see why some people are making GTA comparisons, but to me it felt like a 1980s retro future LA. I do think it’s a little early to call it generic based on one trailer, since we haven’t seen any actual gameplay. Here’s hoping further reveals will assuage people’s doubts 

• Like 1

I hope it’s a mix, Altered Carbon at night, especially in run down parts of the city, then vibrant and colorful during the day and at wealthier parts of the city, especially tourist attracting locations. I want it to be the most Cyberpunky thing to ever exist in ever aspect of that word.