Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #12

Pick the Princes that you, a denizen of Tamriel, would most want to worship from each group  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Group 1

• Azura
    • Mehrunes Dagon
    • Vaermina
    • Nocturnal
    • Sheogorath
  2. 2. Group 2

• Hermaeus Mora
    • Malacath
    • Meridia
    • Namira
    • Sanguine
  3. 3. Round 3

• Peryite
    • Clavicus Vile
    • Boethiah
    • Hircine
    • Mephala
    • Molag Bal

The thing that hooked me in was how realistic it looked despite Ellie being so physically outmatched. I enjoy games like Tomb Raider, Assassin’s Creed, and whatnot, but it always takes me out of it a bit when you’ve got this young woman who’s a hundred twenty pounds soaking wet straight up bullying dudes who look like they could play the Dovahkiin in a Skyrim movie.

Ellie was badass in a whole different way from “Brickhouse” Joel. She was evasive, stealthy, and resourceful, having to keep outsmarting them to pull the win. It felt like even one enemy at a time could be a threat, let alone three. Which made her way more badass than more typical action heroes imo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I know a little, you’ll have little to worry about though if you’re just looking for one for your PlayStation. Check Amazon reviews too.

PC is where you’ll need to do a little research to make sure it plays well with it and vsync.

I’ll show you what I have in mind when I pick some TVs out, biggest thing would be how games look on a 4K tv that don’t support 4K.

Thanks bud. I might build a PC one of these days, so I’d love to see what you go with. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

The thing that hooked me in was how realistic it looked despite Ellie being so physically outmatched. I enjoy games like Tomb Raider, Assassin’a Crees, and whatnot, but it always takes me out of it a bit when you’ve got this young woman who’s a hundred twenty pounds soaking wet straight up bullying dudes who look like they could play the Dovahkiin in a Skyrim movie.

Ellie was badass in a whole different way from “Brickhouse” Joel. She was evasive stealthy, and resourceful, having to keep outsmarting them to pull the win. It felt like even one enemy at a time could be a threat, let alone three. Which made her way more badass than more typical action heroes imo.

That was the case in the first game too, and I think that’s why it’s so damn brutal too.

Reminds me of Mila and Boldir.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Thanks bud. I might build a PC one of these days, so I’d love to see what you go with. 

I’d love to help you with that too, though like with Centurion I’d recommend just buying one. Nowadays the only reason to make one is bitcoin or if you just wanna show off your rig. 

To get the specs for games nowadays and next gen, you’re gonna be buying computer parts that’ll run you the same price or more than one you could’ve bought. 

Like Centurion, the recommended build he was given was a good 200 dollars more than the pc he got, and it has way more power in a pc than any current gen game requires.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That was the case in the first game too, and I think that’s why it’s so damn brutal too.

It was, but the stealth mechanics for Ellie in the first game were basically the same as Joel’s. Fairly limited, really. I’m excited to be dashing under cars and tables, between shelves, hiding in grass, and shit. 

I really hope that Joel will be playable at some point and that they're keeping it secret like they did Ellie in 1. It won’t be the full Last of Us experience if I don’t get to see that big guy smash someone’s face in with a brick. 

• Like 1

Reminds me a bit of Hellblade. As a few prompts as possible.

I’m glad they made her hetero. Even though it’s handled well in TLoU2, I’m tired of seeing so many badass females lately turn out to be gay. It’s annoying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

:rofl: Told ya it was weird. Did you watch all the way through? I swear it keeps topping itself the longer it goes. Then it all loses to the “after credit” part with the chick from James Bond grinning while she eats that bug with loud, disgusting crunches. XD 

Uck, take her off my bang list :sick:

I’m not sure how you justify showing the rest of the trailer, where a dude literally gets his entrails pulled out, but you censor a kiss. If they were going to do anything, they should’ve just not showed the entire trailer. 

Death may be everywhere but the stuff in that trailer wasn’t. And anyway, people kissing is pretty common, as much as death I’d say. What a strange decision

Nevermind, this isn’t an actual controversy. Here’s some info about what actually went down

”Misinformation being thrown around here. Thankfully I had the channel on my TV as it aired live

They showed the kiss but immediately cut the feed of the showcase afterwards to not show the violence and swearing. They decided to show off other stuff while the trailer was still going on. When they return to the showcase, they return to the end of the trailer that shows the kiss again.

As for Ghosts of Tsushima, they blurred out the violent deaths and muted the swearing. There were a few deaths at the tail end of the trailer that wasn't blurred.

And they obviously blurred out the death of that cop in the REmake 2 trailer.”

It’s from this forum so idk how accurate it is but it seems more what you’d expect https://www.resetera.com/threads/disney-xd-cut-the-tlou-2-kiss-early-on-their-broadcast-up-possibly-due-to-violence.48460/

Edited by BTCollins
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Nevermind, this isn’t an actual controversy. Here’s some info about what actually went down

”Misinformation being thrown around here. Thankfully I had the channel on my TV as it aired live

They showed the kiss but immediately cut the feed of the showcase afterwards to not show the violence and swearing. They decided to show off other stuff while the trailer was still going on. When they return to the showcase, they return to the end of the trailer that shows the kiss again.

As for Ghosts of Tsushima, they blurred out the violent deaths and muted the swearing. There were a few deaths at the tail end of the trailer that wasn't blurred.

And they obviously blurred out the death of that cop in the REmake 2 trailer.”

It’s from this forum so idk how accurate it is but it seems more what you’d expect https://www.resetera.com/threads/disney-xd-cut-the-tlou-2-kiss-early-on-their-broadcast-up-possibly-due-to-violence.48460/

Thanks for clearing that up :rofl: I was reading some twitter reactions from that place. Resetera (Neogaf from the dead) is filled with so many crazies. I have an account there, but the best part is reading some of the salt it goes to crazy levels. It's like a reverse /pol/

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

What kind of dumb kid would stream it from Disney XD? Just watch it on twitch!

Now that the censorship controversy has been cleared up, I’m betting it’s for parents who want to see what new games are coming out with their families, but don’t want their kids to see dudes getting disembowed.