Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #12

Pick the Princes that you, a denizen of Tamriel, would most want to worship from each group  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Group 1

• Azura
    • Mehrunes Dagon
    • Vaermina
    • Nocturnal
    • Sheogorath
  2. 2. Group 2

• Hermaeus Mora
    • Malacath
    • Meridia
    • Namira
    • Sanguine
  3. 3. Round 3

• Peryite
    • Clavicus Vile
    • Boethiah
    • Hircine
    • Mephala
    • Molag Bal

7 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Only if you think the aesthetics are a more important part of the genre than the themes. Because the themes are a dead ringer for cyberpunk, even if the aesthetics aren’t the usual for the genre. 

Not right there either,  IMO. I didn't see any of the despair the narrator mentioned. He himself appears to be copacetic. Everyone can apparently afford cybernetics. The subway and street scenes look generic futuristic. 

1 minute ago, Celan said:

I did not. I said it was the most generic PC possible. 

Which wouldn’t be something to complain about if you didn’t think that was the main character, which is what witch stated after saying he agreed with you. Why complain about that otherwise?

Of course they’re gonna make him typical, typical typically appeals to the masses.

Anyway if you say you didn’t then fine, my bad but that certainly was my impression. You didn’t correct Witch either.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Which wouldn’t be something to complain about if you didn’t think that was the main character, which is what witch stated after saying he agreed with you. Why complain about that otherwise?

Of course they’re gonna make him typical, typical typically appeals to the masses.

Anyway if you say you didn’t then fine, my bad but that certainly was my impression. You didn’t correct Witch either.

If you recall I was comparing it to the story hooks of the first trailer. Even a customizable pc can have an interesting story setup, or a marketing face that says something. How more bland than that guy can it get?

2 minutes ago, Celan said:

If you recall I was comparing it to the story hooks of the first trailer. Even a customizable pc can have an interesting story setup, or a marketing face that says something. How more bland than that guy can it get?

Well, they could’ve made him another 30 something grizzled white dude. That would be more bland.

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@ColonelKillaBee New Call of Cthulhu trailer! Seems like a mix of Sherlock Holmes investigation and Amensia: The Dark Descent gameplay and horror.

Super excited the production value is out out of this world! Should have called it the Shadow Over Insmouth though...

Yo this looks good! 

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Well, they could’ve made him another 30 something grizzled white dude. That would be more bland.

That's... basically what he is. lol With some implants and a mohawk.

Anyway, I understand the argument that it's only a trailer. My point is that it obviously was made to appeal to a different player. As a lot of people are saying,  fans of the genre that is.

Just now, Celan said:

That's... basically what he is. lol With some implants and a mohawk.

Anyway, I understand the argument that it's only a trailer. My point is that it obviously was made to appeal to a different player. As a lot of people are saying,  fans of the genre that is.

Dude he’s got samurai on his back, he was Asian as hell. What did y’all want a Scottish Korean with an Afro in full elven attire or something? Lol

I really don’t see it, all I got from it was it’s a trailer meant to be exciting and introduce you to the world, nothing more or less

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

@BigBossBalrog how much you wanna bet Bethesda’s new sci-fi game will have an at the mountains of madness reference?

Honestly at this point I just want them to make one :( They clearly want to, casse they reference Lovecraft stuff so much in TES and Fallout. Give us a game already!

I think their really proud of Dark Corners of the Earth, yet they aint making a sequel..

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Dude he’s got samurai on his back, he was Asian as hell. What did y’all want a Scottish Korean with an Afro in full elven attire or something? Lol

I really don’t see it, all I got from it was it’s a trailer meant to be exciting and introduce you to the world, nothing more or less

Maybe. Asian imagery doesn't mean anything. 

As for the trailer - you act like the only legitimate reaction is hype. 

16 minutes ago, Celan said:

Maybe. Asian imagery doesn't mean anything. 

As for the trailer - you act like the only legitimate reaction is hype. 

The people being so negative seem to be grasping at straws, that’s the only reason I’m reacting like this in kind.

All these assumptions about what the game is or isn’t like, it’s ridiculous to me. We have how many trailers, two? One was dark and moody, one wasn’t.

Shouldnt you conclude reasonably that the game might capture more than one feel and look based on that instead of assuming the very worst? 

Perfect example, the grand theft auto thing. Your point about the themes of Cyberpunk not being represented in that trailer is a legitimate one hence why I said nothing about that.

But claiming it’s not Cyberpunk because it reminded you of grand theft auto, when talking about its aesthetic? That isn’t valid.

If he was even remotely a gamer I might actually take that seriously from him. I doubt he or anyone saying this has ever even played GTA.

Besides, I don’t recall him making that comparison. Even if he did it’s laughable.

I don’t think that’s why, Balrog

I can see how someone might look at the aesthetic and think it was GTA esque, but I think that’s because both are (presumably) depicting Southern California and there’s a distinctive look that place has and they’ve both captured it. 

His exact words were: “The trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 strikes me as GTA skinned-over with a generic 80s retro-future but hey, that's just me."

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Souns like this guy is jealous of the attention CD is getting for their Cyberpunk work. Plain and simple. 

Eh. I could see that with Sapkowski and Witcher, but it’s not like Gibson owns the cyberpunk genre. I just think he was like Celan and unimpressed by the trailer.