Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #12

Pick the Princes that you, a denizen of Tamriel, would most want to worship from each group  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Group 1

• Azura
    • Mehrunes Dagon
    • Vaermina
    • Nocturnal
    • Sheogorath
  2. 2. Group 2

• Hermaeus Mora
    • Malacath
    • Meridia
    • Namira
    • Sanguine
  3. 3. Round 3

• Peryite
    • Clavicus Vile
    • Boethiah
    • Hircine
    • Mephala
    • Molag Bal

26 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

BTW Todd confirmed that you can have private servers with your own rules, so you can avoid griefing all togther if you just want to play with your friends in Fallout 76. He said there's going to be a single player mode, but it wont be coming till post launch . 

It'll be a lonely world. A map 4x the size of Fallout 4 but with zero friendly NPCs...

To me it sounds like they took most of the worst things about Fallout 4 and combined them with things that I don't like about other games. Not interested. I'll probably watch my multiplayer-loving brother play it from time to time at the most. It'll be a funny reversal, since he used to watch me play the real Fallouts but never got into them, himself.

32 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

BTW Todd confirmed that you can have private servers with your own rules, so you can avoid griefing all togther if you just want to play with your friends in Fallout 76. He said there's going to be a single player mode, but it wont be coming till post launch . 

Oh and if you play regular, there's 24 people per server. 12 on 12 deathmatch mode too. Game is balanced for four people parties, PVE a little more focused then PVP. 

You can eat cats too :vaultboy:

No he didn’t. Link what you are saying is him saying that because I guarantee it’s not

Fuck:dntknw:

Just now, Centurion said:

I encourage you all to go watch the interview as opposed to reading about because the tone Todd had tells you more than his actual words

Private Severs means you can play by yourself or with friends. That's the way they work. If there promising private servers, there promising private servers. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Private Severs means you can play by yourself or with friends. That's the way they work. If there promising private servers, there promising private servers. 

I know how servers work, and know all the stuff you are putting out already and I’m calling bullshit. Don’t treat me like I’m stupid

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Full Modding is confirmed supported. Maybe if we're lucky the Interesting NPC team will populate the world with quests and NPC's just like what they did for Skyrim and Fallout 4. 

https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-76-will-have-mod-support-but-not-at-launch/

Balrog, no. Interesting npcs was cool because it added to what was already there. I’m not buying something that has to once again rely on mods to save it.

I literally couldn’t play fallout 4 without mods. This is taking that to an extreme. It’s nothing more than a cash grab.

Literally NO ONE ever asked for this, at most some of us wanted the normal experience of fallout and TES with co op. Not whatever bullshit this is. 

• Like 2

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I know how servers work, and know all the stuff you are putting out already and I’m calling bullshit. Don’t treat me like I’m stupid

It's not a question of stupid. There saying there will be private servers. Dude, even basic survival games in early access have private servers. What reason would they have to lie about having a BASIC functionality? There's no fucking point not to have them.

57 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's not a question of stupid. There saying there will be private servers. Dude, even basic survival games in early access have private servers. What reason would they have to lie about having a BASIC functionality? There's no fucking point not to have them.

My only question then would be, is there even enough content to want to play the game with just a small group of individuals. The Forest worked because for one the island was much smaller, was said to be deserted minus cannibals, and because how detailed the crafting system was. There was also an endgame too.

I'm hoping there's a lot that they simply haven't revealed about the game but if they're trying to be another Ark or whatever, I don't see why they couldn't do that shit with a unique IP. They're gonna make a whole new single player based RPG, maybe an rpg anyway, but they're gonna bastardize an already established single player RPG? WHY

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

1. Because it’s “private worlds” which could mean anything from them, but yes most likely means private servers and 2. Not a feature at launch, it’s somethibg they are saying is “totally gonna happen later! Trust us!” So no I don’t believe it.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

My only question then would be, is there even enough content to want to play the game with just a small group of individuals. The Forest worked because for one the island was much smaller, was said to be deserted minus cannibals, and because how detailed the crafting system was. There was also an endgame too.

I'm hoping there's a lot that they simply haven't revealed about the game but if they're trying to be another Ark or whatever, I don't see why they couldn't do that shit with a unique IP. They're gonna make a whole new single player based RPG, maybe an rpg anyway, but they're gonna bastardize an already established single player RPG? WHY

Colonel our group is rather small, and we practically all grew up on single player RPG's. There's a massive amount of individuals who want a Fallout multiplayer game. "Come on guuys let's get some Fallout multiplayer hehehehehee!" I've seen some kids talking about wishing Fallout 4 was multiplayer. The steam forums are filled with morons begging for coop. 

There's a huge market for this. 

Like I said, i'm treating this like a gaiden spin off. It's an IP I like in a genre I like. And it looks like it's a high quality game (it might be a cashgrab what whatever) 

57 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Colonel our group is rather small, and we practically all grew up on single player RPG's. There's a massive amount of individuals who want a Fallout multiplayer game. "Come on guuys let's get some Fallout multiplayer hehehehehee!" I've seen some kids talking about wishing Fallout 4 was multiplayer. The steam forums are filled with morons begging for coop. 

There's a huge market for this. 

Like I said, i'm treating this like a gaiden spin off. It's an IP I like in a genre I like. And it looks like it's a high quality game (it might be a cashgrab what whatever) 

Bullshit.

Co op and multiplayer are two very different things. I call the biggest of bullshits on that claim. I've never read or met anyone say anything remotely like this, which yes is a fallacy but I'm pretty confident if anyone has ever said this? They're in a very small minority.

Meanwhile people who actually do like these fortnite games and Pub G like my brother simply play those games. I sure as hell don't look at halo and wish for some singleplayer rpg version of that. Or lol, Call of Doody.

And I know a lot of us here are multiplayer fans including myself. You actually interested in this game even if it really is just a fallout survival simulator? Fine, cool. Won't shit on ya, spend your money how you will.

I however aint touching it with a ten foot pole. I've actually played multiplayer games, I know they can be great fun, but I don't want to see my favorite single player games turning into the bastard child of Fortnite and Ark. 

Pass.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Bullshit.

Co op and multiplayer are two very different things. I call the biggest of bullshits on that claim. I've never read or met anyone say anything remotely like this, which yes is a fallacy but I'm pretty confident if anyone has ever said this? They're in a very small minority.

Meanwhile people who actually do like these fortnite games and Pub G like my brother simply play those games. I sure as hell don't look at halo and wish for some singleplayer rpg version of that. Or lol, Call of Doody.

I'm just relaying what I hear. I'm telling you, once sales are crazy you'll know it to be true. 

15 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

They're gonna make a whole new single player based RPG, maybe an rpg anyway, but they're gonna bastardize an already established single player RPG? WHY

Most of us would not even be talking about this game right now if it didn’t have the Fallout name on it. It’ll sell better than any of those other multiplayer survival games for that reason alone. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm just relaying what I hear. I'm telling you, once sales are crazy you'll know it to be true. 

All that means is Bethesda successfully attracted the multiplayer crowd that probably never showed interest in a bethesda title before. Actual Fallout and Elder Scrolls fans aint saying this.

Even the mod they made for Skyrim was co op. At most they did some arena mode thing, but ain't no one anywhere hoping they'll waste time and delay actual TES titles for a game based around arena fighting.

Fallout 76 feels like a bad genie wish. You know how they always wish for one thing but then regret it because they weren’t specific enough?

The fanbase wished for another Fallout spin-off that wasn’t made by the east coast team or part of that story. We got that. But people never dreamed that it wouldn’t be an RPG.

• Sad 2

So the quests are gonna be like what we saw with the survivor in Honest Hearts basically, or stuff we get from robots. Man that sounds pretty dang lonely. 

Lame.

That Honest Hearts quest worked so well because it was in addition to the rest of the DLC. Making a game like that makes it seem like the quests are a tacked on addition and the main attraction is interacting with goofballs named MutantMandingo69

• Like 1

Literally the only thing Fallout 76 has going for it is the prospect of a mod team taking the empty world Bethesda is putting out there and disconnecting it, populating it with characters and quests and a meaningful story. Half the work, and what kills most of the big mods like Fallout Cascadia and Lonestar, is the terrain building, so with that out of the way, maybe some talented soles will make the setting g actually worth it, but then again that mods saving Bethesda’s ass which tarnished the good just a little. 

• Like 1