Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #12

Pick the Princes that you, a denizen of Tamriel, would most want to worship from each group  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Group 1

• Azura
    • Mehrunes Dagon
    • Vaermina
    • Nocturnal
    • Sheogorath
  2. 2. Group 2

• Hermaeus Mora
    • Malacath
    • Meridia
    • Namira
    • Sanguine
  3. 3. Round 3

• Peryite
    • Clavicus Vile
    • Boethiah
    • Hircine
    • Mephala
    • Molag Bal

Good for you. I never said you shouldn't.

I objected to Lovecraft being called the founder, I didn't say he had no input in the genre at all.

I don't think William Gibson is the founder of cyberpunk, either- as I've stated a couple times. He's called that.

51 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

He seemed pretty salty about the games to me, pissed that people think the games helped him get famous when he believes it’s the other way around.

The Metro guy called him an asshole didn’t he? Said he had no respect for the medium

No he called him "a salty motherfucker" XD. But to be fair, the Metro dude actually writes alot of the dialogue and came up with the games basic plot. He is always consulted when they want to add things, and he was smart enough to ask for royalties. But the attitude is startling different, cause he loves the games, and considers them just as part of the Metro universe as the books.

• Like 1

I just read the Eurogamer interview BT linked and it actually covers a lot of what we’ve talked about. He talked about how the two trailers are part of the world and that the old teaser from a few years ago is where they started and built out of. The dark and rainy grit is still there, but it’s not what they wanted to show off this time. The daylight trailer was intensional so they could display how easily crooked people could get away with doing bad things in broad daylight. Sort of a juxtaposition, I suppose.

He also said that it’s not a game like GTA5 and that the biggest similarity is that they’re both set in California. He said that they look similar because of this, but called it a surface level comparison, and reiterated that Cyberpunk is a nonlinear RPG while GTA is far from that. He prefers comparisons to the Witcher.

If any of y’all are interested but haven’t read the whole interview, I reccomend scrolling down and checking it out. It actually had a whole lot of information that’s not in the demo reviews.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Celan said:

Good for you. I never said you shouldn't.

I objected to Lovecraft being called the founder, I didn't say he had no input in the genre at all.

I don't think William Gibson is the founder of cyberpunk, either- as I've stated a couple times. He's called that.

Then there’s no point in you making this statement:

2 hours ago, Celan said:

And jesus fuck, the guy is considered the foudner of cyberpunk. If you think his opinion on the aesthetic is invalid, I don't know what to tell you.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I just read the Eurogamer interview BT linked and it actually covers a lot of what we’ve talked about. He talked about how the two trailers are part of the world and that the old teaser from a few years ago is where they started and built out of. The dark and rainy grit is still there, but it’s not what they wanted to show off this time. The daylight trailer was intensional so they could display how easily crooked people could get away with doing bad things in broad daylight. Sort of a juxtaposition, I suppose.

He also said that it’s not a game like GTA5 and that the biggest similarity is that they’re both set in California. He called it a surface level comparison, and reiterated that Cyberpunk is a nonlinear RPG whole GTA is far from that. He prefers comparisons to the Witcher.

If any of y’all are interested but haven’t read the whole interview, I reccomend scrolling down and checking it out. It actually had a whole lot of information that’s not in the demo reviews.

And that’s why you don’t make judgements off of two minute trailers. 

Thats exactly what I said. Why on earth would they ditch the theme and look of the first trailer in favor of the second.

Reasonably one would assume both are a part of the world.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

You just want to dismiss his opinion, and mine, and anyone else who dislikes the vibe in the trailer.

As for reviewers, early reviews are always garbage. Recall the hot take of those who actually played Dragon Age 2 and said it was "rpg of the decade."

I really hope the game is good.

1 minute ago, Celan said:

You just want to dismiss his opinion, and mine, and anyone else who dislikes the vibe in the trailer.

As for reviewers, early reviews are always garbage. Recall the hot take of those who actually played Dragon Age 2 and said it was "rpg of the decade."

I really hope the game is good.

Read Doc’s post.

Sometimes opinions are poorly formed.

1 hour ago, Celan said:

I gave an honest reaction to what CDPR chose to show of the game world. This was their presentation of what they wanted people to see of the game. I don't give a single fuck if you disagree.

And I gave an honest reaction to your opinion.

edit: nvm

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

24 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The graphics to the new call of Cthulhu are meh but I’m ok with that, probably works better for a game like this. Remember how lame the flood looked in Halo after upgraded graphics.

Art direction is more important anyway (which it has) and the graphics are still pretty decent.

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Awww fuck I forgot. What was the reason again? 

Supposedly it was hacked and they forced a two step Authenticator on the account. And since I never set up the google authenticator....

Apparently hacked uplay accounts is a big problem. Or was at least. And they don’t take calls anymore, only talk online, and only during the weekday during business hours, which happen to be while I’m at work. So yea, fuck em.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Supposedly it was hacked and they forced a two step Authenticator on the account. And since I never set up the google authenticator....

PM there facebook page, explain the situation, and I think they'll be able to help you. People said that worked for them.