Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #40

21 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Another complaint that I see a lot is that that it’s not like no man sky or elite dangerous where you can literally fly between plants and fly into the atmosphere and stuff, and if that’s what people were expecting than they were being unrealistic and deserve to be disappointed

I think this is actually Beth's fault for calling it a spacesim; if your advertising it as part of a genre, all of it's aspects are going to be compared to it's competition within.

24 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think this is actually Beth's fault for calling it a spacesim; if your advertising it as part of a genre, all of it's aspects are going to be compared to it's competition within.

They didn’t call it a spacesim tho. It’s always been advertised as a Beth space exploration rpg

Fuck:dntknw:

People seem to call it dull and shallow yet also enjoyable, somehow. XD 

This was an interesting comment from the Fallout 4 subreddit.

To me, after years and years of playing Bethesda games, I think I realized that I wanted them to evolve a little. This is a 20 year old game reskinned. It's a loading screen generator, it's an empty rock with a single alien on it. The polish they put on all the items can't make up for the lack of anything else. Exploration consists of finding the same spot over and over again. Every time I go off path, I run into duplicate areas. This is the laziest procedural generation I have ever come across. Like, can't you have someone run their hands over each POI, you have a billion dollars and a million employees. What are you even spending your time on?

BG3, I turned off the subtitles so that I would stop reading them and just listenSF, I right-click the mouse as fast as I can to avoid the painful dialogue

Hit about 25 hours last night and decided to call it quits. Cyberpunk is looking like a masterpiece to me right now.

4 hours ago, Centurion said:

They didn’t call it a spacesim tho. It’s always been advertised as a Beth space exploration rpg

In fairness, Beth being a company that pretty much exclusively makes open world games, I think it’s fair that people would’ve thought their space game would be one too.

Kinda unfortunate, really. You know how much I like map nodes, but the poor reception to them being used here means we can probably expect them not to return in any future Beth titles. Their philosophy tends to be to just ditch unpopular features instead of improving them.

The only reason I heard about that movie was from Nerdrotic panning it, which no doubt was more entertaining than the movie itself.

Even liberal papers admit that Disney ruined Pixar. This summer "Elemental" had the worst opening in Pixar history. My man Steve Jobs is ranting from his grave.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Celan said:

The only reason I heard about that movie was from Nerdrotic panning it, which no doubt was more entertaining than the movie itself.

Even liberal papers admit that Disney ruined Pixar. This summer "Elemental" had the worst opening in Pixar history. My man Steve Jobs is ranting from his grave.

I heard they were barely able to "save" it's sales through word of mouth, the movie became profitable. The fact it only reached it barely is still abyssmal for Pixar.

On much better news, they showed off the keyart/poster for Eggers Nosferatu 

MV5BNTRiMzUyZWYtZDRkMC00NjlmLWE3ZTgtZjJl

I can't wait.  They filmed it in black and white just like just like the Lighthouse, but what alot of people don't know is the OG Nosferatu used color tilting over it; so I wonder what the filter choice is going to be for the remake. 

There's a...passionate debate on whether the movie is better with the tinting or straight black and white, but I like the former more.

82410b_20b2fbe414dc406fbb8b6ab2cc7a0ea1~

Very unique atmosphere. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I heard they were barely able to "save" it's sales through word of mouth, the movie became profitable. The fact it only reached it barely is still abyssmal for Pixar.

And considering that it’s recently come out that Disney are getting sued for lying about their box office earnings and underreporting filmmaking costs, I’d be hesitant to even believe them about that. They’re desperately trying to maintain the image of success. 

header.jpg?t=1694833421

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2166150/Caesars_Revenge/

ss_fc3e2e1b7377086042da8381da6a896495d0e

ss_56ebd7f41e9e49e84df45fdb2dcae06d0217d

ss_344a106836db64e7c7ee1961a89b5d0937812

"Caesar’s Revenge is a retro single-player retro FPS set in ancient Rome. Assassinated by the senate on the Ides of March, 44BC, Julius Caesar returns to exact revenge on those who betrayed him. Storm a corrupt senate in this relentless slasher. Indulge in the violence. Become the fall of Rome.

Thrash through murderous, high-risk gameplay with a bloodlust mechanic that rewards aggression.
An assortment of historic weaponry including the Gladius, Composite Bow, Sling, Spear (Hasta), Greek Fire, Sica, Falx, Fire Siphon and the mighty Scorpion!
Three distinct acts with more than 30 hand crafted levels across the ancient world. Slaughter your betrayers across Roman fortresses, gladiatorial arenas, untamed wilds, Babylonian gardens, unholy ruins and the depths of the underworld itself."
"Bone rattling thrash metal soundtrack recorded and performed by the developers."

This fucking came out of nowhere; the final nail on the coffin of how pathetic barbarians (and Stormcloaks) are, us Roman fans have a boomer shooter now :rofl:

53 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They also added Ada's Grapple system from Resident Evil 6. In the OG Seperate ways, you could only use it for scripted "go to the new part of the map" but they've incorporated into letting Ada segway into melee and chain attacks 

That looks like fun. 

I’m kinda overwhelmed with games to play right now, and right in the middle of harvest season so less time than normal to play them. XD Guess it’s a good problem to have.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

That looks like fun. 

I’m kinda overwhelmed with games to play right now, and right in the middle of harvest season so less time than normal to play them. XD Guess it’s a good problem to have.

If you want to fuck your brain inception style you could play something like Harvest Moon...while finishing the crop and harvest in real life XD

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They also added Ada's Grapple system from Resident Evil 6. In the OG Seperate ways, you could only use it for scripted "go to the new part of the map" but they've incorporated into letting Ada segway into melee and chain attacks 

gr_LJ8.gif

So I'm actually just now about to start playing the RE4 Remake, so am I understanding correctly fighting the giant (dont know its actual name) isn't the game in the more anymore? Fond memories of doing that on gamecube. 

4 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

So I'm actually just now about to start playing the RE4 Remake, so am I understanding correctly fighting the giant (dont know its actual name) isn't the game in the more anymore? Fond memories of doing that on gamecube. 

No; but there's a version of the giant that was excluded from the remake till now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

No; but there's a version of the giant that was excluded from the remake till now.

Alrighty, Don't remember the other version so it's from the part of the game I forgot to time so it'll thankfully not effect my playthrough, sucks it's not there already though. 

12 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

The giants are definitely in the game. If the fight you have fond memories of us the first one, then yeah it’s still there too, as are a couple others.

The Remake is really good. Gameplay is smooth as butter while nailing most everything I loved about the original. 

10 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

Wait Doc, do you have a farm or something? 

Not at the moment.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

If the fight you have fond memories of us the first one, then yeah it’s still there too, as are a couple others.

I looked up the name real quick, was El Gigante and yep that's him. Look forward to that. Hell this game caused me to have the fear of being chased growing up because the damn chainsaw guys. This is gonna be great to play again lol. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Not at the moment.

Well assuming you are working towards one, best of luck. I've played to much farming sim and not enough real farming. 

• Like 1