Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #40

Ah and yea not only do you own nothing, at all, you practically owe them rent just for even thinking of playing their game.

Not kidding, they will hold your account for ransom or take it entirely with bs reasons on a whim, banning people from accounts they’ve spent years on in the hopes you’ll buy their game again on a new account 

zenimax is notorious for that shit

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Will say it here in case it’s missed but I finally got my financial situation unfucked, so I won’t be requiring any more donations or assistance with the site and can also cover all the fees as well that come up from the domain and so on

Ty for the support all these years. Love yall

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ah and yea not only do you own nothing, at all, you practically owe them rent just for even thinking of playing their game.

Not kidding, they will hold your account for ransom or take it entirely with bs reasons on a whim, banning people from accounts they’ve spent years on in the hopes you’ll buy their game again on a new account 

zenimax is notorious for that shit

Yeah, loads of studios who make games that require you to be online basically reserve the right to restrict you from playing the thing you purchased for all sorts of reasons. Bethesda bans people from playing Fallout 76 just for cussing on the mic… in a game full of cussing. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Will say it here in case it’s missed but I finally got my financial situation unfucked, so I won’t be requiring any more donations or assistance with the site and can also cover all the fees as well that come up from the domain and so on

Ty for the support all these years. Love yall

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

This is getting to be everywhere. Even in agriculture, John Deere has recently got into providing sprayer technology that is subscription-based.

It’s really good tech and can save the farmer lots of money in chemicals if used correctly. But imagine trying to convince a farmer to pay hefty subscriptions to utilize technology on their own equipment. It is a tough sell, believe me. 

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

So apparerntly the Souls like Pinnocio meets Bloodborne knock off might be actually good; who would have thought?!  

While of course it wasn't full release the "beta" I got to play of this I'ma have to go with VG247's rating until I get to replay it. Visually was great but the combat was clunky as hell which in a game like this matters almost more than anything. 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

This is getting to be everywhere. Even in agriculture, John Deere has recently got into providing sprayer technology that is subscription-based.

It’s really good tech and can save the farmer lots of money in chemicals if used correctly. But imagine trying to convince a farmer to pay hefty subscriptions to utilize technology on their own equipment. It is a tough sell, believe me. 

That is nuts

6 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Agreed on the knights, but I abhor the ghoul design. The point is that they do look like zombies. The whole "noseless burn victim" design they’ve been running with since Fallout 4 looks like crap.

Their biggest star is a ghoul, so maybe they wanted to go minimalist on the makeup for him.

I dunno, I have no hope anymore. I expect it to suck balls. Maybe then I'll be pleasantly surprised.

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, loads of studios who make games that require you to be online basically reserve the right to restrict you from playing the thing you purchased for all sorts of reasons. Bethesda bans people from playing Fallout 76 just for cussing on the mic… in a game full of cussing. 

You're shitting me. XD 

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

No self-respecting farmer would ever go for that shit.

BTW I got mixed up- CDPR is using Unreal engine, not Unity.

1 hour ago, Celan said:

BTW I got mixed up- CDPR is using Unreal engine, not Unity.

Unreal is its own can of worms; alot of developers are moving from their own homebrew company engines to Unreal because there's a rather large reduction in costs, but the current iteration there's a huge problem with performance (on both PC's and consoles), and it's shifting development to a production line-esque pattern of similar looking and feeling games .

It's why I role my eyes whenever I see those "GAME REMADE by fans IN UNREAL 4" "Trailers" people shit out XD

1 hour ago, Celan said:

Their biggest star is a ghoul, so maybe they wanted to go minimalist on the makeup for him.

Maybe, but it’s still too thick to really see his face so I expect he’ll be carrying the role solely with his deliveries, regardless.

But anyway, I just really hate that design. Have since Fallout 4. Even the version from Fallout 3/NV would be preferable.

Hell, just hire some of TWD’s makeup artists and you’ll get something better. XD 

1 hour ago, Celan said:

No self-respecting farmer would ever go for that shit.

Luckily, it’s just for a specific technology option on sprayers. I’ve ran it before and can attest that it is an impressive technology, but yeah, farmers are not the kind of people who like being told that they don’t own the shit they’ve paid for. Especially not the rich farmers, who are the only ones who can actually afford it anyway.

Was at one of Deere’s training meetups in Orlando, and as proud as the corporates were of the system, I think every single other person I talked to agreed that this would be virtually unsellable. It’s like all the apps they want us to push; you’re out of your freaking mind if you think I’m going to waste my time trying to talk a farmer into downloading an iPhone app.

• Haha 1