Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #40

25 minutes ago, Celan said:

I also got Evie Frye. I have no idea who that is. XD 

Nice! 🤜🏻

Evie’s one of two sibling protagonists in Assassins Creed Syndicate, set in 1800s London. Very professional, good at cooking up intricate long-term plans and killing her marks with precision while her brother is more of a wrecking ball. Probably the most deadly main character in the series before AC jumped the shark and started revolving around demigods and bullshit.

She also killed Jack the Ripper, which is fun. XD 

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

So would you have done the Ulfric thing? Because to me, that and many of his other plans (the illusory "rape" to break Lorgar, the trick he pulled in Alik’r) is a big part of why I tend to view Baldur as a Loki/Lorkhan type of trickster who regularly uses secrets and dishonesty as weapons. Hence why I don’t view him as a very honest person.

But I suppose you’re right that one ought to distinguish between day-to-day interactions and how he deals with enemies. Because Baldur will tell you to your face exactly what he thinks of you, but he’s more than happy to destroy you with trickery.

That’s exactly right

As for would I kill Ulfric….. I’d like to think no XD

But with enough fear and stress and in the right position, who knows. Power corrupts and the thu’um has a hand in that action as well

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

True. His enemy was an invading army so civilian Mongols never came into play, but I could honestly see his character progressing that way if it came down to it. His whole arc is about being pushed to cross more and more lines until he no longer resembles a samurai at all. Knowingly getting civilian Mongols killed is a much smaller step from where he’s at now than where he was at the beginning. 

Well I do agree Jin's characterization is someone whose culture, pride, and mortality (in a weird Samurai way) are being stripped away and replaced by his own darker methods...but honestly I think becoming less of a Samurai would make you less likely to start killing civilians knowing what I know about Japan's class system XD

In any case, I still think Jin's at a point where he'd feel pretty bad about killing Mongol civillians even if deemed it necessary in contrast to Baldur XD

• Haha 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Baldur is like Eren Jaegar, balrog

he absolutely would feel bad, but it’s us or them in his mind. That to him justifies any atrocity. Family>everything else

I think your going to be riding this Attack on Titan the Final Season; the Final Part" hype wave for years at this point XD

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

In any case, I still think Jin's at a point where he'd feel pretty bad about killing Mongol civillians even if deemed it necessary in contrast to Baldur XD

And a few months ago, he’d have felt bad about poisoning dozens of sleeping soldiers and would’ve died before raising his sword against his uncle.

I think he’s only a couple bad steps away from it. All he’d need to do is be forced into another scenario where he’s forced to choose between them and his own people. He might not literally cut them down himself, but he’d choose his own every time. 

I like how in the manga there was no fucking baby, but in the anime, they show that stupid ass baby in that red blanket, like six times about to be stomped

Like at that point, just fucking stomp the baby

Like at this point, you’re teasing me with it. Sorry, but nothing can make me feel bad for those fucking Marlians stomp all the babies you want

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

"No Ghost sequel in sight when SONY is pumping out Last of Us REMAKES"  

This...is what happens when you let American Blood taint Eastern game companies...shamfur dispray. 

Better than Sony forcing them to rush it out like is often the case with publishers. It hasn’t been that long anyway.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Finally someone had the balls to say it; fuck the French film industry XD

Eh, it doesn’t really take balls to just shrug off people who criticize something that you made.

Haven’t seen Napoleon yet, but unless it’s just downright amazing, Ridley Scott really isn’t the guy who should be casting stones anyway. The guy made like three good movies 30 years ago and mostly just crap ever since.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Eh, it doesn’t really take balls to just shrug off people who criticize something that you made.

Haven’t seen Napoleon yet, but unless it’s just downright amazing, Ridley Scott really isn’t the guy who should be casting stones anyway. The guy made like three good movies 30 years ago and mostly just crap ever since.

Still, fuck the French film industry XD 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I really liked the Martian and the Last Duel XD Gladiator was awesome. Three good movies in the last decade or two is better then alot of directors 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I really liked the Martian and the Last Duel XD Gladiator was awesome. Three good movies in the last decade or two is better then alot of directors 

Gladiator was great, yeah. But even it is 23 years old. XD Haven’t seen The Last Duel, and The Martian… ehhhh.

Without going back multiple decades, I know him better for releasing disappointing stinkers than anything good. Exodus sucked, Kingdom of Heaven was boring, Prometheus sucked, Alien Covenant was awful.

Edit: 44 pages! That snuck by me. :lol: Gonna close this thread.