Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #40

59 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That was an excellent showcase. No BS at all, just straight gameplay and lots of detailed info. And it looks really good! The classes are notably varied, and the world and combat seem dynamic as hell.

The Desert Biomome looks cool as hell; those giant Ghilla Monsters were badass. 

Bout to start the playthrough I hope ends up being my first full playthrough of Cyberpunk since 2.0 is out. Any tips is appreciated even if they might still fully apply after the update. 
Really hoping to enjoy the game as much as most people do. Also hoping it still runs decent enough for me lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elden Clown said:

Any tips is appreciated even if they might still fully apply after the update. 

I’m not super far, and I don’t know if 2.0 will change things so that this is no longer good advice, but one of the best things I think you can do is purchase the super jump leg upgrades as soon as you get enough Street cred to qualify for them. They are a total game changer. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m not super far, and I don’t know if 2.0 will change things so that this is no longer good advice, but one of the best things I think you can do is purchase the super jump leg upgrades as soon as you get enough Street cred to qualify for them. They are a total game changer. 

Noted, have a feeling it's gonna be like when I learned there is a secret feature with the boostpacks in Starfield where if you bind an alternate key to jump you can actually use your pack to shoot you forward instead of just upwards. Made combat way more fun, getting around way quicker and hate that controller can't do it. 

10 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

Noted, have a feeling it's gonna be like when I learned there is a secret feature with the boostpacks in Starfield where if you bind an alternate key to jump you can actually use your pack to shoot you forward instead of just upwards. Made combat way more fun, getting around way quicker and hate that controller can't do it. 

Probably similar. It’s easy to feel like you’re not very mobile in this game early on, but cyberware can change that substantially. The map has a lot of verticality to it, and being able to take advantage of that opens up loads of options for you. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Probably similar. It’s easy to feel like you’re not very mobile in this game early on, but cyberware can change that substantially. The map has a lot of verticality to it, and being able to take advantage of that opens up loads of options for you. 

With that added on to what you first said and what I said then it'll feel very very similar which I'm glad because one good thing I can say about Starfield is there is way more vertical combat and verticality to the game in general so having that extra forward boost once I found out about it made everything so much easier. Sounds like it'll be the same for Cyberpunk. Side note I was gonna abbreviate Cyberpunk but after realizing what it becomes no thanks :Ni: 

17 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

in general so having that extra forward boost once I found out about it made everything so much easier. Sounds like it'll be the same for Cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk actually has options for which leg modifications you want. The two I’ve found are the super jump and the double jump. Super goes higher vertically, double goes farther horizontally. Both were good when I tested them, but I found the super to be the more useful of the two.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Cyberpunk actually has options for which leg modifications you want. The two I’ve found are the super jump and the double jump. Super goes higher vertically, double goes farther horizontally. Both were good when I tested them, but I found the super to be the more useful of the two.

I'll give both a shot but being able to get above people easier as always been better imo. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Went home for some lunch today and did the clean reinstall for Cyberpunk 2.0 and downloaded the new DLC for RE4. Wish I had more free time right now because I can’t remotely keep up with all the games I’m wanting to play.

Man, I have way to much free time but I still feel this. Sadly tomorrow i've got to spend the day getting my phone fixed or replaced. Just randomly started infinite rebooting, can't do much to fix it because how phones are made now a days. Tried every thing I could though. Guess I might have a new phone tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Went home for some lunch today and did the clean reinstall for Cyberpunk 2.0 and downloaded the new DLC for RE4. Wish I had more free time right now because I can’t remotely keep up with all the games I’m wanting to play.

You and me both. I'm putting off writing my paper on the Toyota Corporation to get ready to take on Arasaka Corporation. XD 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Sadly I had to leave town after work, but I’ll be all over it this weekend. XD 

You starting a new game?

Yes I'll start a new one. Trying to decide whether to do my gun-toting female nomad or skull crushing male nomad. The Panam romance is good enough that I favor a male character more than I usually would.

9 minutes ago, Celan said:

Yes I'll start a new one. Trying to decide whether to do my gun-toting female nomad or skull crushing male nomad. The Panam romance is good enough that I favor a male character more than I usually would.

Nice. Think you could let me know if there are any substantial changes to the prologue? I don’t really want to restart on my Nomad, but I might if I’m missing some actual major content. 

18 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Nice. Think you could let me know if there are any substantial changes to the prologue? I don’t really want to restart on my Nomad, but I might if I’m missing some actual major content. 

Sure. I haven't heard about any major changes but I'll let you know.

• Thanks 1