Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #40

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh fuck; what if they all decide to divide the pool of AA's and Indies like what happened with streaming; that would suck ass >:(

I would only care if they did like movie streaming companies do and make certain games "stream service exclusive". Steam does that, but the PC exclusive world is so far from my bubble that I don’t really notice it.

I pretty much buy all my games to own anyway. 

18 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I would only care if they did like movie streaming companies do and make certain games "stream service exclusive". Steam does that, but the PC exclusive world is so far from my bubble that I don’t really notice it.

I pretty much buy all my games to own anyway. 

It'd be reallly shitty if they forced to subscribe instead just letting you buy the game outright. 

Disney (not that anyone would want to with 99 percent of the stuff they put out now) recently starting releasing things on Blue Ray again, so maybe the failure of Disney Plus will be a warning.

12 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Disney (not that anyone would want to with 99 percent of the stuff they put out now) recently starting releasing things on Blue Ray again, so maybe the failure of Disney Plus will be a warning.

Yeah, if Andor was available on blu-ray, I’d buy it for my collection and then happily never give Disney another penny.

I swore off anything on YouTube related to Cyberpunk, because so many reviews were dishonestly shitty. However this seems like a fairly balanced review of Phantom Liberty. The reviewer likes it and thinks the changes in 2.0 are positive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Celan said:

I swore off anything on YouTube related to Cyberpunk, because so many reviews were dishonestly shitty. However this seems like a fairly balanced review of Phantom Liberty. The reviewer likes it and thinks the changes in 2.0 are positive.

Phantom Liberty seems to be getting a very positive reception from a critical perspective. 

1695224222450655.png.578c05a654fe5964485f8fc77dbd153c.png

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m excited for it. Have been holding back on spending some of my skill points in Cyberpunk so I can immediately invest in the new Relic skills as soon as they drop. :lol: 

https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-update-20-is-so-big-that-the-devs-advise-starting-a-new-playthrough/

Not a problem for me XD I played like an hour on my Brother's PS4 all those years ago, but besides that, I get to play completely blind. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Not a problem for me XD I played like an hour on my Brother's PS4 all those years ago, but besides that, I get to play completely blind. 

I’m not very far so I don’t mind. Will probably start over on my Corpo since that save is only a couple hours in, but I’ve still got a lot of game to complete even without the DLC.

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m excited for it. Have been holding back on spending some of my skill points in Cyberpunk so I can immediately invest in the new Relic skills as soon as they drop. :lol: 

I'll warn you, CDPR is recommending clean install and new game for the 2.0 update. 

I see Balrog ninja'ed me. XD 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Celan said:

I'll warn you, CDPR is recommending clean install and new game for the 2.0 update. 

I’ll do a clean reinstall after the update lunches, but they said an existing save file will still work, so I’m gonna keep my main Nomad.

I think their recommendation to start a new game is just so returning players can experience the entire game in its updated form, rather than just running around the endgame with it.

One thing I liked hearing is that there are two tracks through the expansion that give you different missions. I'm assuming one is with Movie Boyfriend as quest giver and the other is with that conniving bitch So Mi as quest giver. So there's some replayability there.

@The Good Doctor I think I mentioned this before, but among the gigs you have to do, don't miss the Sinnerman quest line. It's a doozy.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Celan staring into it and fogging it up with her evil smile XD

She’d have sin on the brain, but not the sort that makes you evil smile.XD 

1 hour ago, Celan said:

I think I mentioned this before, but among the gigs you have to do, don't miss the Sinnerman quest line. It's a doozy.

I plan on doing every one that I can find, but thanks for the heads up. :salute:

43 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Idris is going to look into his window when he's chilling at this home one day and see Celan staring into it and fogging it up with her evil smile XD

It's just a movie crush, I'll watch even his stinkers, that's true movie love.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

But that's a legit good movie XD

TURBO-MAN! 

The scene where Arnie stumbles into a secret Santa club and has a full-on brawl with dozens of Santas, including a giant Santa and a midget Santa, is some of the funniest slapstick I’ve watched. It’s so insane compared to everything else that’s happened up to that point. XD 

• Haha 1

Here’s a Starfield question. Are weapon/armor stats static, or are they based on level and rarity?

Like, an iron sword in Skyrim is always an iron sword. If you want something better, you need to find a different kind of sword, like steel or ebony. 

There is no "level 12 purple/epic iron sword" that somehow has better stats than the visually identical "level 7 green/rare iron sword".

Which I appreciate about Skyrim, and almost all Bethesda games, as I really dislike the whole "leveled/tiered weapons" system.