Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #33

Best Brotherhood Chapter  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which BoS chapter is your favorite?

• Lost Hills (California)
    • The Citadel (Lyons)
    • Prydwen (Maxson)
    • Hidden Valley (Mojave)
    • Chicago (Rogue Brotherhood)
    • Appalachia (Taggerdy or Expeditionary Force)

I made a list of all the canon firearms in fallout

Fallout canon weapons (F1,2,3,NV,4)

Pistols

.223 pistol

Mauser broom handle

N99 10mm pistol

14mm pistol

Desert Eagle

S&W model 29 .44 magnum

PPK12 Gauss Pistol

S&W .32 Pistol

Colt Single Action Army

Colt 1911

Browning Hi-Power 9mm

12.7mm Pistol

Hunting Revolver & Ranger Sequoia

Colt official Police revolver

Ruger Mk III

Walther PPK

SMGs

10mm SMG

M3A1 Grease Gun

Thompson Submachine Gun (various models)

H&K P90c

H&K G11 & G11E

12.7mm SMG

American-180 SMG

Rifles

AK-112

Hunting rifle (various models)

Red Ryder BB gun

DKS-501 Sniper Rifle

XL70E3 (SA 80)

FN FAL

Bozar

R91 Assault Rifle (G3)

Chinese Assault Rifle

Level action rifle (various models)

Anti-Material Rifle (PGM Hecate)

Assault Carbine (M4/XM177)

BAR

M1 Garand

Brush Gun

Cowboy Repeater

Trail Carbine

Marksman Carbine (Picatinny rail AR-15)

Service Rifle (M16a1 w/wooden furniture)

Varmint Rifle

Assault Rifle (F4 weird mashup of Lewis Gun and and other WWII LMG’s)

Combat Rifle

Gauss Rifle

AK-47 (Various Models)

Radium Rifle (VG-45)

Shotguns

Combat shotgun (various models)

Double barrel shotguns

H&K CAWS

Pancor Jackhammer

Caravan Shotgun

Hunting Shotgun

Lever-Action shotgun (Winchester Model 1887)

Riot Shotgun

Single Shotgun

LMGs

SA 80 LSW

M60

Light machine Gun

Grenade Rifles

China Lake

25mm AWP

M79 “Thumper”

Technically Canon-ish, maybe (Tactics, 76)

Pistols

Beretta M92FS

Calico M-950

Casull .45 revolver

P220 Sig Sauer

Black Powder Pistol & blunderbuss

SMGs

H&K MP5

MP 38

Walther MPL

Uzi

Scorpion

Calico Liberty 100

Sten Gun

Rifles

M14

Ruger AC556F

Steyr AUG

Black Powder Rifle

The Dragon (4 barrel BPR)

Shotguns

Beretta 470 nighthawk

Neostead Combat Shotgun

LMGs

Bren Gun

Chauchat

Lewis MK II

M249 SAW

MG-42

HMGs

Browning M2 .50

Hand Crank Gatling Gun

Assumed Canon

Anything WWII or earlier

Edited by Centurion
  • Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

42 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I made a list of all the canon firearms in fallout

Reveal hidden contents

Fallout canon weapons (F1,2,3,NV,4)

Pistols

.223 pistol

Mauser broom handle

N99 10mm pistol

14mm pistol

Desert Eagle

S&W model 29 .44 magnum

PPK12 Gauss Pistol

S&W .32 Pistol

Colt Single Action Army

Colt 1911

Browning Hi-Power 9mm

12.7mm Pistol

Hunting Revolver & Ranger Sequoia

Colt official Police revolver

Ruger Mk III

Walther PPK

SMGs

10mm SMG

M3A1 Grease Gun

Thompson Submachine Gun (various models)

H&K P90c

H&K G11 & G11E

12.7mm SMG

American-180 SMG

Rifles

AK-112

Hunting rifle (various models)

Red Ryder BB gun

DKS-501 Sniper Rifle

XL70E3 (SA 80)

FN FAL

Bozar

R91 Assault Rifle (G3)

Chinese Assault Rifle

Level action rifle (various models)

Anti-Material Rifle (PGM Hecate)

Assault Carbine (M4/XM177)

BAR

M1 Garand

Brush Gun

Cowboy Repeater

Trail Carbine

Marksman Carbine (Picatinny rail AR-15)

Service Rifle (M16a1 w/wooden furniture)

Varmint Rifle

Assault Rifle (F4 weird mashup of Lewis Gun and and other WWII LMG’s)

Combat Rifle

Gauss Rifle

AK-47 (Various Models)

Radium Rifle (VG-45)

Shotguns

Combat shotgun (various models)

Double barrel shotguns

H&K CAWS

Pancor Jackhammer

Caravan Shotgun

Hunting Shotgun

Lever-Action shotgun (Winchester Model 1887)

Riot Shotgun

Single Shotgun

LMGs

SA 80 LSW

M60

Light machine Gun

Grenade Rifles

China Lake

25mm AWP

M79 “Thumper”

Technically Canon-ish, maybe (Tactics, 76)

Pistols

Beretta M92FS

Calico M-950

Casull .45 revolver

P220 Sig Sauer

Black Powder Pistol & blunderbuss

SMGs

H&K MP5

MP 38

Walther MPL

Uzi

Scorpion

Calico Liberty 100

Sten Gun

Rifles

M14

Ruger AC556F

Steyr AUG

Black Powder Rifle

The Dragon (4 barrel BPR)

Shotguns

Beretta 470 nighthawk

Neostead Combat Shotgun

LMGs

Bren Gun

Chauchat

Lewis MK II

M249 SAW

MG-42

HMGs

Browning M2 .50

Hand Crank Gatling Gun

Assumed Canon

Anything WWII or earlier

I’m disappointed that you made a "canon" list and you left out actual cannons. XD 

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m disappointed that you made a "canon" list and you left out actual cannons. XD 

I left out the stuff that is very obvious. Like energy weapons and the big guns like mini guns and the broadsider. I just wanted a list of firearms so I know which one are “lore friendly” for modding lol

35 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Mini-guns. Gatling guns are hand crack black powder repeating rifles

I think he's talking about the Gatling Lasers :P

That said, they really shouldn't have kick per say. I always head-canoned that the energy weapons just shake violently when discharging rather then recoiling.

48 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I think he's talking about the Gatling Lasers :P

That said, they really shouldn't have kick per say. I always head-canoned that the energy weapons just shake violently when discharging rather then recoiling.

Laser weapons shouldn’t have recoil. F3 and NV knew this. Apparently F4 doesn’t lol. But yeah, they shouldn’t have recoil. The automatic laser rifle and the Gatling laser would have movement from the beam focusers rotating rapidly but that’s about it.

@Centurion

I found one for you that’s in the lore but hasn’t made an appearance in any games to my knowledge (at least not by name). The M199. It’s described on a placard in the Museum of Technology, but the weapon has been looted so it’s missing from its display.

"Perhaps the most well-recognized weapon in the modern U.S. Military arsenal, the M199 earned its nickname "The Backtalker" from the unusual report the firing mechanism makes as it ejects a spent shell. Firing standard 5.56mm rounds, the M199 is still the official infantry weapon of the U.S. Army."

Being an M-series rifle that fires 5.56, I wonder if it is supposed to be one of the carbines from New Vegas or even what the NCR’s service rifles are patterned after. 

Also, kinda strange that they decided to make it the official infantry weapon of the US Army yet in the same game made the R91 clearly fill that roll instead.

• Thanks 1

@The Good Doctor that is strange. I will add that the M- designation doesn’t pertain to the pattern of the fire arm, it’s show that the weapons has been officially adopted by the US Military. I wonder what it is tho. On another note, the M16A2 is still the “official” service rifle of the US Army even tho M4A1’s are the only thing we use lmao so the R91 being the one we see while there’s still an “official” one makes sense. I just wish we had a hint at what it looks like. Perhaps the M199 is the combat rifle from F4 just Bethesda done goofed and made it .45ACP which makes absolutely no sense for a rifle in the first place. The combat rifle should be, based on its name and model, either a 5.56 NATO or .308 rifle.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Centurion said:

On another note, the M16A2 is still the “official” service rifle of the US Army even tho M4A1’s are the only thing we use

I did not know that. That’s a fun fact. 

10 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Perhaps the M199 is the combat rifle from F4 just Bethesda done goofed and made it .45ACP which makes absolutely no sense for a rifle in the first place. The combat rifle should be, based on its name and model, either a 5.56 NATO or .308 rifle.

Hard to say. The guns in Fallout 4 are all sorts of messed up. 

@ColonelKillaBee @BigBossBalrog @TheCzarsHussar

Y’all like John Carpenter, right? I just saw in an interview him saying that Fallout is one of his favorite game series. Not surprising considering stuff like the Master and super mutants.

Knowing this, how awesome would it be if Bethesda or Microsoft or whoever hired him to make a movie based on Fallout 1? I know video game movies usually suck, but this is the Master of Horror we’re talking about, given material that he is passionate about and fits perfectly with the kind of stories and themes he likes to work with anyway.

What a great way that would be to at least introduce the original story of Fallout to the millions who haven’t played it. Fallout 1 is also by far the most adaptable to a linear story, thanks to the Vault Dweller’s memoirs.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2021 at 9:36 AM, The Good Doctor said:

@ColonelKillaBee @BigBossBalrog @TheCzarsHussar

Y’all like John Carpenter, right? I just saw in an interview him saying that Fallout is one of his favorite game series. Not surprising considering stuff like the Master and super mutants.

Knowing this, how awesome would it be if Bethesda or Microsoft or whoever hired him to make a movie based on Fallout 1? I know video game movies usually suck, but this is the Master of Horror we’re talking about, given material that he is passionate about and fits perfectly with the kind of stories and themes he likes to work with anyway.

What a great way that would be to at least introduce the original story of Fallout to the millions who haven’t played it. Fallout 1 is also by far the most adaptable to a linear story, thanks to the Vault Dweller’s memoirs.

John really busy with the Halloween sequels, so I doubt he'd have alot of time right now XD I'd want to the Master and Power-Armor done in his brand of practical special effects. Body-Horror is both John and Fallout 1's trademark, adapting this creepy ass pre-renders would be sick.

hqdefault.jpg

60074d89a3a5e3282828d2cf42b2ce3d8ab58527maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

John really busy with the Halloween sequels,

What a waste. -_-

It you could ask me to name one person to adapt the Master and Unity to film, John Carpenter would probably have been my first choice even before learning he loves Fallout. His style just matches them so perfectly. The whole game, really.

But the fact that he loves it just makes me want it more. Like, a fan would bring passion to a project like this that you can’t expect from some randoms looking for a paycheck. Kinda like how Peter Jackson went above and beyond for LotR, I think Carpenter could do something special with Fallout. At least he could with the first game. I don’t think any of the others would really translate to film as well.

For New Vegas, you’d probably need a mini series or something. With so many factions and storylines, it probably would be best if spread across 10 hours instead of 2-3, with focus on the leaders and not just the Courier. I’d probably go with someone else for directing that, though I’m not really sure who. 

50 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The more I grow older, the more I appreciate the retro look XD I'd play a new Fallout game looking like that. 

I endlessly praised the very dark 1920's art-deco style that The Pitt looked like. I honestly love it way more than the 50's obsession Bethesda really took off with. I took it more as America was stuck in a 50's cultural mindset and the kind of futuristic technology that was optimistically dreamed off but with a dystopian twist.

• Like 1