Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #33

Best Brotherhood Chapter  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which BoS chapter is your favorite?

• Lost Hills (California)
    • The Citadel (Lyons)
    • Prydwen (Maxson)
    • Hidden Valley (Mojave)
    • Chicago (Rogue Brotherhood)
    • Appalachia (Taggerdy or Expeditionary Force)

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I just hope Starfield has really solid working vehicles. Not because I want them in that, but because it means we may finally get functioning ships in TES and cars in Fallout. 

Imagine fallout 6, joint created by Beth and Obsidian because Microsoft lol in like New Orleans or Texas somewhere, which a motorcycle you fix up and cruise around on.

Or a pirate playthrough of TES 6 Illiac Bay

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

16 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Or a pirate playthrough of TES 6 Illiac Bay

This is pretty much exactly what I predict we’ll be getting. Naval stuff in the Illiac and Abecean Sea at least, with optional swashbuckling piracy. :pirate:

17 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Imagine fallout 6, joint created by Beth and Obsidian because Microsoft lol in like New Orleans or Texas somewhere, which a motorcycle you fix up and cruise around on.

I want my Chryslus Highwayman back, with the ability to store gear in the trunk Cyberpunk-style. And I want people trying to steal it like in Fallout 2, but with more options to keep that from happening like hiring guards or something.

I’m watching a Ghibli movie called Castle in the Sky and in it there is an ultra rare glowing blue stone that is long-forgotten and used to be mined from deep underground by an ancient civilization that was more technologically advanced than everyone else of the time. The stone has magical properties and is called Aetherium.

I’m onto you, Bethesda…

• Haha 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I’m watching a Ghibli movie called Castle in the Sky and in it there is an ultra rare glowing blue stone that is long-forgotten and used to be mined from deep underground by an ancient civilization that was more technologically advanced than everyone else of the time. The stone has magical properties and is called Aetherium.

I’m onto you, Bethesda…

:rofl: 

Castle in the Sky is one of my favorites. It's kid-friendly, but it still has the dark elements from his other works. Mark Hammil as the main bad guy is also great. 

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

:rofl: 

Castle in the Sky is one of my favorites. It's kid-friendly, but it still has the dark elements from his other works. Mark Hammil as the main bad guy is also great. 

So far I’d put it above Valley of the Wind and slightly below Princess Mononoke. It’s a fun movie. 

I feel like someone at Bethesda is a fan of this movie. There’s a lot of stuff in TES that feels pretty blatantly inspired by it. The Aetherium is the most on the nose, but the whole premise also reminds me a lot of Umbriel from the novels. Flying city, magical trees, and the endings are very similar.

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I feel like someone at Bethesda is a fan of this movie. There’s a lot of stuff in TES that feels pretty blatantly inspired by it. The Aetherium is the most on the nose, but the whole premise also reminds me a lot of Umbriel from the novels. Flying city, magical trees, and the endings are very similar.

The Magitek reminded me of Dwemer technology, especially the bronze robot guardians. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

The Magitek reminded me of Dwemer technology, especially the bronze robot guardians. 

Between that and how they are an extinct civilization that literally mined a magical blue stone crystal called Aetherium, they basically were the Sky Dwemer.

Was also surprised by how many people died in a cartoon movie rated PG. XD It started out really light and fun, with gunshots always missing and people always catching ledges when they fall. But then the final act came along and racked up a body count that could put most war movies to shame.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Between that and how they are an extinct civilization that literally mined a magical blue stone crystal called Aetherium, they basically were the Sky Dwemer.

Was also surprised by how many people died in a cartoon movie rated PG. XD It started out really light and fun, with gunshots always missing and people always catching ledges when they fall. But then the final act came along and racked up a body count that could put most war movies to shame.

Yeah it get's pretty grizzle, from the dozens of the soldiers falling from collapsing city, the Robot's rampage in the millitary base, and Mark Hammil getting his eyes burned out as he stumbles around only to fall to his death was pretty brutal XD Japan dosen't give a fuck. It ain't nearly as bloody as something like Monoke though.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Yeah it get's pretty grizzle, from the dozens of the soldiers falling from collapsing city, the Robot's rampage in the millitary base, and Mark Hammil getting his eyes burned out as he stumbles around only to fall to his death was pretty brutal XD Japan dosen't give a fuck. It ain't nearly as bloody as something like Monoke though.

Don’t forget when they destroy the Prydwen with everyone on it. XD It sure comes a long way from the slapstick street brawl at the beginning. I think the turning point is when the robot wakes up and they piss it off.

But yeah, it’s only PG so I wasn’t expecting it to be as bloody as Mononoke. Still, of the two I bet way more people die in this one.

7 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Another weird part was how all the fucking Sky Pirates wanted Sheeta as there wife, despite the fact she looked like she was 15 at the oldest XD In a "kid's" movie. Oh Japan....

Coulda done without that part. Adding to the weirdness is that it was because she reminded them of their mom. They didn’t care about her until they realized that.

Surprisingly, the pirate mom was probably my favorite character after the main guy (who was kind of a Gary Stu, but a really likable one). Then it’s a tossup between the General and CIA Mark Hamill. 

Sheeta was alright, but kinda weird and I didn’t fully understand her character. Her accent was neat though. Kinda cool hearing a fantasy accent that actually sounds unique instead of just being British.